South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

278 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: South Stand Singers For Sunderland (H)

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2018 08:44

Theroyalbox wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Theroyalbox wrote:I think its a bit of a dick move by Moore to just pay for there travel being honest

Why is that? Seems to me that he is just appreciating the 50 supporters who were so intergral in us getting a vital win. They were essentially the 12th man that day.

I know your being sarcastic, but I am glad you asked OMA. Why should they get free travel? why are they any different to people who have season tickets or have had for years? Just feel it creates a divide amongst the fans and if I was a loyal fan who had been to every home and away game this season, to find out people had got free travel for moving there seats I would be pretty p!ssed off.

There's a couple of points to make here.

Moore is recognising the the positive organised effort of a small group of supporters who chose to to actively do something visible to help back the team.

Prior to their action the atmosphere was terrible. It was quiet, grumbly and sulky. Not surprising given how bad we were doing. And the change of manager was a far bigger catalyst in the return of a positive atmosphere than anything else, but they're the obvious visible proactive presence.

Moore wants to give something back specifically to them. Good for him.

Those people's good fortune in receiving a gift from Moore takes nothing away from anyone else. Their good fortune is not someone else's loss.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2018 08:55

double d wrote:Do they pfuck need free stuff and they are not better fans. We are the same.

If there's one thing the vast majority of us can agree on, it's that they're better than a person complaining we'll be relegated in October, calling for the manager to be sacked after less that 10 games, declaring that every game in March and April is win or get relegated and when we win we're safe, and when we lose the season is over.

Personally, more power to them. They didn't moan, they did something. As far as I'm concerned they ARE better fans than me. And that's why hopefully I'll be joining them as I also try to be a better fan than I was before.

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 21 Apr 2018 11:16

Snowflake Royal wrote:
double d wrote:Do they pfuck need free stuff and they are not better fans. We are the same.

If there's one thing the vast majority of us can agree on, it's that they're better than a person complaining we'll be relegated in October, calling for the manager to be sacked after less that 10 games, declaring that every game in March and April is win or get relegated and when we win we're safe, and when we lose the season is over.

Personally, more power to them. They didn't moan, they did something. As far as I'm concerned they ARE better fans than me. And that's why hopefully I'll be joining them as I also try to be a better fan than I was before.

Yeah I agree with you, they are better then you aren't they. Although hitler was probably a better person then you are.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2018 13:20

double d wrote:
Snowflake Royal wrote:

Yeah I agree with you, they are better then you aren't they. Although hitler was probably a better person then you are.

Than.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 21 Apr 2018 16:51

Well I hope the south stand crew forgive Moore for making them watch that.

Could be very quiet vs Ipswich

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 21 Apr 2018 16:56

How were the south stand suckups today?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Apr 2018 18:48

The Reverend wrote:Well I hope the south stand crew forgive Moore for making them watch that.
:lol:

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Apr 2018 19:44

From what I have seen it doesn't look like many people took Liam Moore up on his offer anyway. Let's move on from that now.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 21 Apr 2018 19:58

Old Man Andrews wrote:From what I have seen it doesn't look like many people took Liam Moore up on his offer anyway. Let's move on from that now.

Prick! Those people are trying to create an atmosphere, what are you doing?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Apr 2018 20:08

Soul Man wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:From what I have seen it doesn't look like many people took Liam Moore up on his offer anyway. Let's move on from that now.

Are you thick? I'm saying stop the criticism of the offer Liam Moore made. You are truly special.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 21 Apr 2018 20:22

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Soul Man wrote:

Are you thick? I'm saying stop the criticism of the offer Liam Moore made. You are truly special.

I'm not special the South Stand Singers are though! Fair play to them the atmosphere at the stadium is dire and that is probably down to people like you.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Apr 2018 20:28

Soul Man wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Soul Man wrote:Prick! Those people are trying to create an atmosphere, what are you doing?

I'm not special the South Stand Singers are though! Fair play to them the atmosphere at the stadium is dire and that is probably down to people like you.

You could have just answered yes to being thick. Would have been a real time saver.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 21 Apr 2018 20:37

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Soul Man wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

You could have just answered yes to being thick. Would have been a real time saver.

Prick!

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Apr 2018 21:03

Soul Man wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Soul Man wrote:

Prick!

No, no I said thick. You are thick.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 22 Apr 2018 17:08

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Royality creeps In wrote:Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit sunshine :roll:

You are correct my friend.

I will be offering my services to the South Standers for the Ipswich game by the way. If anyone is there come and say hi and we will have a chat.

So you’re actually going to join them now. That is quite the turnaround.

Can you tell us what the person you spoke to said to you for you to have this epic change of opinion? I’m genuinely interested to know.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Apr 2018 18:15

Scutterbucketz wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:
Royality creeps In wrote:Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit sunshine :roll:

I will be offering my services to the South Standers for the Ipswich game by the way. If anyone is there come and say hi and we will have a chat.

Can you tell us what the person you spoke to said to you for you to have this epic change of opinion? I’m genuinely interested to know.

I spoke to one of the organisers, only know his Twitter handle and I'm not giving it away. They spoke to me in confidence after seeing what I wrote in this thread. I thought that was good of them so we had an amicable discussion and it was thrown out there that instead of blindly criticising it I should try it first.
I am thinking about it but not sure I will do it. I'll feel like a hypocrite. Jumping around singing songs isn't for me anyway. I haven't ruled it out completely though so you never know. If I do go in there for the Ipswich game I'll write a full review.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Addict

by St Pauli » 22 Apr 2018 18:32

Snowflake Royal wrote:

Power post

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 22 Apr 2018 18:39

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Scutterbucketz wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

I spoke to one of the organisers, only know his Twitter handle and I'm not giving it away. They spoke to me in confidence after seeing what I wrote in this thread. I thought that was good of them so we had an amicable discussion and it was thrown out there that instead of blindly criticising it I should try it first.
I am thinking about it but not sure I will do it. I'll feel like a hypocrite. Jumping around singing songs isn't for me anyway. I haven't ruled it out completely though so you never know. If I do go in there for the Ipswich game I'll write a full review.

Yes, but what did they say to you that made you consider it. Or was the suggestion that you should try it before criticising it the revelation that had previously escaped you?

double d
Hob Nob Addict

by double d » 22 Apr 2018 20:35

can you pm me their name and Twitter handle. I would like to talk to them about the south stand singers.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 22 Apr 2018 21:16

double d wrote:can you pm me their name and Twitter handle. I would like to talk to them about the south stand singers.

This is the bit where he’ll say he spoke in confidence and cannot provide those details.

278 posts