Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Forbury Lion » 18 Sep 2018 09:33

Maybe the Club1871 lot should sit back amongst the fans and try to inject some enthusiasm into the crowd rather than try to be the crowd/alienate theirselves from some of the fans?

It would also help to not sit the club1871 fans next to the loudest fans in the ground - the away fans, who can drown out a few rows of club1871 rendering their efforts inaudiable to the players. Why not sit in the ED stand and cheer the players on as they attack that end/defend that end?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Sep 2018 09:39

Forbury Lion Maybe the Club1871 lot should sit back amongst the fans and try to inject some enthusiasm into the crowd rather than try to be the crowd/alienate theirselves from some of the fans?

It would also help to not sit the club1871 fans next to the loudest fans in the ground - the away fans, who can drown out a few rows of club1871 rendering their efforts inaudiable to the players. Why not sit in the ED stand and cheer the players on as they attack that end/defend that end?

Problem is they have stopped making effort. They were all spread out at the Sheffield Wednesday game and didn't say a word all game. Time is up for them and they know it. Like you say they should now go back to being regular supporters and sit in Y25/26, it is where they belong.

It was something worth trying but they have failed massively.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 11:43

Is anyone going to explain what the f*ck is going on with this thing? Why hasn't anyone come out and acknowledged how bad it currently is?

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 11:56

Old Man Andrews Is anyone going to explain what the f*ck is going on with this thing? Why hasn't anyone come out and acknowledged how bad it currently is?

Why do they need too?

I decided to move my ST over to the south stand after enjoying my time in their for the last 3 games of last season. I will openly admit it hasnt been great this season, bar maybe the Derby game. However, no area of the ground has been great has it? Attendances are dwindling around the ground + performances are shocking = poor atmosphere around the stadium.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 11:59

jar95
Old Man Andrews Is anyone going to explain what the f*ck is going on with this thing? Why hasn't anyone come out and acknowledged how bad it currently is?

Why do they need too?

I decided to move my ST over to the south stand after enjoying my time in their for the last 3 games of last season. I will openly admit it hasnt been great this season, bar maybe the Derby game. However, no area of the ground has been great has it? Attendances are dwindling around the ground + performances are shocking = poor atmosphere around the stadium.

Don't be so ridiculous. They need to explain what they are doing to make it less embarassing. What is the point in them being there currently? They bring zero to the table and have gone against everything they say they stood for. It is a project that was set up in good faith but has failed, no shame in admitting it.

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 12:02

Old Man Andrews
jar95

Why do they need too?

Don't be so ridiculous. They need to explain what they are doing to make it less embarassing. What is the point in them being there currently? They bring zero to the table and have gone against everything they say they stood for. It is a project that was set up in good faith but has failed, no shame in admitting it.

Why do they need to explain it though? Why dont Y25 need to explain why they are silent as well? Whats the point in the other stands making no noise? I have just admitted that it hasn't been great - I wouldnt say failed though. Its still a work in progress.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Sep 2018 12:04

jar95
Old Man Andrews
jar95
Why do they need too?

Why do they need to explain it though? Why dont Y25 need to explain why they are silent as well? Whats the point in the other stands making no noise? I have just admitted that it hasn't been great - I wouldnt say failed though. Its still a work in progress.

They are very quiet about it though it what I am saying. Where is the recruitment drive to get people involved in it? The organisers were very vocal but have suddenly gone very quiet, they appear to have given up.

jar95

by jar95 » 20 Sep 2018 12:06

Old Man Andrews
jar95
Old Man Andrews

They are very quiet about it though it what I am saying. Where is the recruitment drive to get people involved in it? The organisers were very vocal but have suddenly gone very quiet, they appear to have given up.

Just totally ignoring my questions and points regarding other stands in the stadium? Problem is the drive was there during pre-season when people were debating if they would change. Can't see anyone swapping seats 8 games in to the season..

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Sep 2018 12:09

Who cares. With all the shite on the pitch. There’s far more important things to worry about.
You need to get out more Andrew’s

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Sep 2018 12:19

SHAMBLES

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Sep 2018 15:15

I'm not part of the group, though hoped it would work for the sake of improving the atmosphere.

Though it's got to be said it was a pitiful turnout last night. No noise either which I thought the purpose of the group was for.

I can't for the life of me workout why some people insist on sitting away from the group? Would it not be best to stand at the front of the concrete divider behind the disabled section and fill upwards? Instead of back to front?

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 20 Sep 2018 15:58

I have moved there from Y20 and whilst it's not massively subscribed it's been a massively better experience not having to sit listening to the whinging, moaning t&%@&^rs sat in front and behind me in Y20.

At least the organisers have tried to improve the atmosphere. Let's face it the drummer is surrounded by empty seats, the east corner is empty (even of you shipped all the C1871 folk there it would be a 1/3 full). West and North stand are non particpants so the reality is we have rubbish support which reflects the performances on the pitch.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Sep 2018 16:11

LWJ I'm not part of the group, though hoped it would work for the sake of improving the atmosphere.

Though it's got to be said it was a pitiful turnout last night. No noise either which I thought the purpose of the group was for.

I can't for the life of me workout why some people insist on sitting away from the group? Would it not be best to stand at the front of the concrete divider behind the disabled section and fill upwards? Instead of back to front?

They did do that last season IIRC.

Not sure why they changed tbh

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Sep 2018 17:36

genome
LWJ I'm not part of the group, though hoped it would work for the sake of improving the atmosphere.

They did do that last season IIRC.

Not sure why they changed tbh

Either it's something acoustically about being nearer the back than front or they're just trying to get further away from the shambles that occurs on the pitch

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Sep 2018 18:26

madstadblues I have moved there from Y20 and whilst it's not massively subscribed it's been a massively better experience not having to sit listening to the whinging, moaning t&%@&^rs sat in front and behind me in Y20.

At least the organisers have tried to improve the atmosphere. Let's face it the drummer is surrounded by empty seats, the east corner is empty (even of you shipped all the C1871 folk there it would be a 1/3 full). West and North stand are non particpants so the reality is we have rubbish support which reflects the performances on the pitch.

So get in one of those stands, engage with the "whinging, moaning t&%@&^rs" sat in front and behind you and change the atmosphere from the inside.

By going into another stand, being allowed to stand up and the Liam Moore coach travel thing Club1871 have, perhaps unintentionally, set themselves apart from everyone else. Which means they are going to attract the sort of criticism they are getting.

Especially when they don't appear to be doing what initiative states it's goals are.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 18:28

It was very quiet from Club 1871 last night. It sort of makes it redundant as the whole purpose is to improve the atmosphere and that is simply not happening. Time to go back to the East Stand folks. You gave it a go and for the QPR and Preston games it helped but thereafter it’s gone backwards

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Sep 2018 18:54

madstadblues I have moved there from Y20 and whilst it's not massively subscribed it's been a massively better experience not having to sit listening to the whinging, moaning t&%@&^rs sat in front and behind me in Y20.

Yeah, that's true. So little in the way of whining arseholes and screaming verbal abusers.

I don't see how anything it does right now could improve stuff, but I've moved my ST so I'm toughing it out. At least there'll be fewer moaners. And maybe if the team sorts itself out in two weeks / months / years / decades, it can build again and be a success with something to actually cheer about occasionally.

I don't see there's anything to say really. It's an attempt to improve the atmosphere. It's not working, but it's not for lack of having tried, it's for having your soul sucked out your arse by the insipid shit on the pitch before us.

No one made me move over, I didn't make anyone move or stay. No amount of sandmans and OMAs are going to make me move back.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Sep 2018 19:01

Zip It was very quiet from Club 1871 last night. It sort of makes it redundant as the whole purpose is to improve the atmosphere and that is simply not happening. Time to go back to the East Stand folks. You gave it a go and for the QPR and Preston games it helped but thereafter it’s gone backwards

And the rest of the stadium was rocking :roll:

I think those criticising should vent their frustrations at the under performing team.
Fair play to anyone in the crowd last night who could raise the enthusiasm to cheer that bunch of LOSERS on the pitch

As a die hard supporter I am now sitting there head in hands just totally frustrated. I could barely muster a cheer when we equalised as deep down I knew what was going to happen next
You have got to be some sort of mentalist to cheer and get behind the team when they cant be arsed!

In a nutshell Cannot really criticise the South Stand with the absolute rubbish being unfurled in front them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Sep 2018 19:09

Royality creeps In
Zip It was very quiet from Club 1871 last night. It sort of makes it redundant as the whole purpose is to improve the atmosphere and that is simply not happening. Time to go back to the East Stand folks. You gave it a go and for the QPR and Preston games it helped but thereafter it’s gone backwards

And the rest of the stadium was rocking :roll:

I think those criticising should vent their frustrations at the under performing team.
Fair play to anyone in the crowd last night who could raise the enthusiasm to cheer that bunch of LOSERS on the pitch

As a die hard supporter I am now sitting there head in hands just totally frustrated. I could barely muster a cheer when we equalised as deep down I knew what was going to happen next
You have got to be some sort of mentalist to cheer and get behind the team when they cant be arsed!

In a nutshell Cannot really criticise the South Stand with the absolute rubbish being unfurled in front them.

The rest of the Stadium was dead. We all know that but the whole purpose of Club 1871 was to improve the atmosphere. Difficult to do that when Club 1871 numbers are dwindling. I thought it was a good idea and backed it but it’s getting smaller in number and quieter. So I think it’s time to put it to one side. Let’s put it this way. I would rather see the South Stand full when Villa and Leeds come knocking rather than restrict away support to half the Stand.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Sep 2018 19:13

Old Man Andrews Yeah its so done. The group quite literally formed to get the players and the club through hard times on the pitch and have failed to do so. Their efforts against Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday were woeful, couldn't even organise themselves to sit together.

Sadly this has turned out to be what I feared all along. It is just a vanity project to boost the profile and egos of those in charge. It is time to turn off the life support I'm afraid.

Just keep repeating yourself. Maybe someone will listen.. Or just carry on ignoring you and John Smiths smug circle jerk.

2100 posts