Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Royalwaster » 01 Oct 2018 14:06

Yeah but you're going further than that ... you're being overly negative. Why not support or at least tolerate this initiative? I'd be very happy if it works - so far it hasn't ... but if it does surely all of us will benefit from it?

BKnumber6

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Wh, How, Who & Why Thread

by BKnumber6 » 01 Oct 2018 14:07

Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews
A long, disappointing season is just a given supporting Reading. Club 1871 or no Club 1871.

Millwall will absolutely destroy you lot. I bet you Club 1871 won't be allowed in the South Stand that day.

In what way will Millwall destroy us? They're not doing great and won't bring many down.

They will sell out their allocation within a few days. Are you serious?

I seriously doubt they will sell out as they're terrible at the moment and we're not exactly a major rival to them. But even if they do who cares? The Millwall of 2018 are not Millwall of the 1980's and there's no reason why we should abandon Club 1871 for that game. You really are a bit of a dick aren't you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 14:10

Royalwaster Yeah but you're going further than that ... you're being overly negative. Why not support or at least tolerate this initiative? I'd be very happy if it works - so far it hasn't ... but if it does surely all of us will benefit from it?

I am, I was a big supporter of it and wanted it to work. It clearly hasn't and will only get worse from here. The Millwall game could end with someone in the South stand being really seriously injured.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 14:11

BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6
In what way will Millwall destroy us? They're not doing great and won't bring many down.

I seriously doubt they will sell out as they're terrible at the moment and we're not exactly a major rival to them. But even if they do who cares? The Millwall of 2018 are not Millwall of the 1980's and there's no reason why we should abandon Club 1871 for that game. You really are a bit of a dick aren't you.

No not at all. I just care about the safety of our supporters, don't want them to get slaughtered by the Millwall lot. What if a kid gets hurt or something? Will you be happy?

BKnumber6

by BKnumber6 » 01 Oct 2018 14:18

Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews

No not at all. I just care about the safety of our supporters, don't want them to get slaughtered by the Millwall lot. What if a kid gets hurt or something? Will you be happy?

That's not going to happen. It's no less likely than supporters getting injured in Y25/26 from away fans. There will be a cordon inbetween and plenty of police there. No club should ever move their fans because they are worried that the oppo fans will tear them to pieces. It really won't happen.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Oct 2018 14:21

Snowflake Royal I'm truly shocked by the development that you're all mouth and no substance.

The only reason I wouldn't pay up is because I won't lose. I've offered similar bets before and the only one with the balls to back their words was snowball iirc. He won, I paid up.

C'mon Ian it's an unfair bet once Millwall know you're going to be there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 14:22

BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6 I seriously doubt they will sell out as they're terrible at the moment and we're not exactly a major rival to them. But even if they do who cares? The Millwall of 2018 are not Millwall of the 1980's and there's no reason why we should abandon Club 1871 for that game. You really are a bit of a dick aren't you.

That's not going to happen. It's no less likely than supporters getting injured in Y25/26 from away fans. There will be a cordon inbetween and plenty of police there. No club should ever move their fans because they are worried that the oppo fans will tear them to pieces. It really won't happen.

Ok so what about outside the ground? The Millwall supporters will notice how few Reading fans are going into the South Stand and take advantage of them. The other factor is you will have Reading supporters thinking they are tough moving into the South Stand for the day purely to get close to the Millwall supporters, this could lead to horrible scenes.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Oct 2018 14:30

You're really embarrassing yourself here OMA, you'd probably better hope no Millwall fans find out about this, or they might take advantage of you

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 14:31

Silver Fox You're really embarrassing yourself here OMA, you'd probably better hope no Millwall fans find out about this, or they might take advantage of you

Its not embarassing to care about the safety of others.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Oct 2018 15:24

When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

BKnumber6

by BKnumber6 » 01 Oct 2018 15:41

Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews

Ok so what about outside the ground? The Millwall supporters will notice how few Reading fans are going into the South Stand and take advantage of them. The other factor is you will have Reading supporters thinking they are tough moving into the South Stand for the day purely to get close to the Millwall supporters, this could lead to horrible scenes.

:roll: :roll: Christ I bet you're fun at parties

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Oct 2018 16:13

im not a club1871 fan but as if Millwall are going to target and beat them up hahahaha

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 01 Oct 2018 16:24

BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6 That's not going to happen. It's no less likely than supporters getting injured in Y25/26 from away fans. There will be a cordon inbetween and plenty of police there. No club should ever move their fans because they are worried that the oppo fans will tear them to pieces. It really won't happen.

Health & Safety of others is no laughing matter.

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 01 Oct 2018 16:46

Kulshaw72RFC
BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews

Health & Safety of others is no laughing matter.

Oh it is with some of the signs they come up with:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 16:54

Theroyalbox im not a club1871 fan but as if Millwall are going to target and beat them up hahahaha

You never know. If they lose to a last minute controversial goal there could be actual murders.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2018 17:24

Coppells Lost Coat When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

I saw a Millwall fan abandon his crying kid and try to climb the concrete wall to get to Y26 in that game when Manset scored his brace I think... or possibly the following / preceding one where they got a late equaliser / winner. Closest I can think of. So I'd say OMA has more reason to be scared than us.

Anyway, it's transparently obvious that that OMA and John Smith are just wums teying to undermine the initiative and make everyone as miserable as they are.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 17:28

Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

I saw a Millwall fan abandon his crying kid and try to climb the concrete wall to get to Y26 in that game when Manset scored his brace I think... or possibly the following / preceding one where they got a late equaliser / winner. Closest I can think of. So I'd say OMA has more reason to be scared than us.

Anyway, it's transparently obvious that that OMA and John Smith are just wums teying to undermine the initiative and make everyone as miserable as they are.

I don't sit in Y26.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 02 Oct 2018 09:10

You've made some half decent points in this thread OMA but the last one not so great

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2018 09:11

Theroyalbox You've made some half decent points in this thread OMA but the last one not so great

It's true, I don't sit in Y26 :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Oct 2018 09:42

Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

One thing in common with Millwall is that they are a London club. Old Man Andrews may have a point to be fair...

2100 posts