Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Oct 2018 13:17

Snowflake Royal Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.

I know what it is about, I just want to see their honest opinions if they think it has been a success.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2018 13:23

Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.

I know what it is about, I just want to see their honest opinions if they think it has been a success.

Then you don't need anyone to answer whether it's a vanity project about getting freebies do you.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Oct 2018 14:48

By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 14:50

Sutekh By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

Confirmed Manchester United supporter Bill Oddie? I remember when he ruined it for all of us when he visited the Madejski and admitted to that!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Oct 2018 15:09

Sutekh By the way, not heard the Bill Oddie chant for about 18 months - perhaps there's a connection between singing that regularly and getting results in the pitch. Club 1871 should give it a go, a whole 90 minutes to make up for it's absence.

Against Millwall. It's the sort of song I think their fans will enjoy.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Oct 2018 15:26

It was sung at Preston away. But then no surprise that you didn't hear it there because you're not a supporter and didn't travel.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Oct 2018 16:32

So so edgy.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Oct 2018 16:35

sandman So so edgy.

Sandman, so named as his head is so far in the sand he has no clue what is going on life.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 15 Oct 2018 17:45

Briefly made an appearance at Brentford, but yes haven't heard a sustained Bill Oddie for quite some time.

He did suggest himself we needed a different song after we got relegated in 2013 - but we've been more successful with, than without. time for a revival!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Oct 2018 07:58

John Smith
sandman So so edgy.

Sandman, so named as his head is so far in the sand he has no clue what is going on life.

Well I know you're a dumbf[u]ck attention whore so I've at least got a clue about something.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 16 Oct 2018 13:30

Is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Oct 2018 13:59

We want more!

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 13:41

Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 13:45

Kulshaw72RFC Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.

It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 13:50

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC Surprised that the club and health & safety officers have not made any adjustments for the visit of Millwall tomorrow. I hope the safety of our fans is not compromised as a result.

It is going to be a complete mess, the club aren't prepared, Club 1871 aren't prepared and there won't be nearly enough stewards and police to protect them. Could be a bloodbath.

This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 19 Oct 2018 14:30

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

This is the reason I am not going. I am not going to compromise my safety due to the lack of action from the Club, the lack of care of our own health & safety officers, and the most important factor, it seems that Club 1871 are not prepared to back down even though a team which has a history of violence and hooligan behaviour are going to be sitting feet away from them. Also, if there are going to be more police at the game because of this, then what about the streets of Reading? With police cuts at an all time high and police numbers an all time low, and the force being stretched, is this a wise move?

Additionally, we are missing out on a substantial amount of increased revenue, with ticket sales, sale of beer and pies (which we know Millwall fans would spent at last £20 per head on each) that we are missing out on. We can do with all the income we can get, especially as relegation seems to be looming large.

I hope to god we do not win by much and Club 1871 start goading the Millwall fans. It can only end badly.

Christ you two are either on the wind up or a pair of pussys,

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 14:39

Theroyalbox
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

There is no shame in being Health & Safety conscious is there?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Oct 2018 14:53

Kulshaw72RFC
Theroyalbox
Kulshaw72RFC

There is no shame in being Health & Safety conscious is there?

I love it how caring about the safety of fellow supporters makes you a pussy.......

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 19 Oct 2018 18:10

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

So you're both worried about the safety of Reading fans because of proximity to some historically lairy fans/concerned about lack of police resource, and yet also lamenting the loss of revenue from not inviting double the number of these allegedly troublesome fans to fill the South Stand?

:roll:

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 19 Oct 2018 18:33

Kingsley Junior
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

So you're both worried about the safety of Reading fans because of proximity to some historically lairy fans/concerned about lack of police resource, and yet also lamenting the loss of revenue from not inviting double the number of these allegedly troublesome fans to fill the South Stand?

:roll:

My main concern is that because the Millwall supporters are a few baguettes short of a picnic and are not the sharpest tools in the tool box, they might think that C1871 are goading them if we go a few goals up. My fear is that C1871 are trying to raise atmousphere but get too rowdy. I am sure that others have thought about it too?

I'm just shocked that the club haven't put a stop to them for this one game or C1871 have not back down. It is almost as if the real people who are running our club are a select few in the South Stand or on Twitter and they are running roughshod and egos have become more important then safety. I am sure OMA agrees with me and others too. I think the Millwall fans would be fine if they had the whole stand tbh.

2100 posts