Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Forbury Lion » 20 Mar 2019 11:52

Elm Park Kid
Forbury Lion
Hendo
^this. It is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.
An extra £250k in the transfer kitty every season would certainly help, likewise having an extra £250k available for player wages might allow us to sigh better players.

If we're at capacity, by all means sell more home seats in the South Stand but when the stadium is nowhere near capacity why not let the way fans subsidise us by selling them tickets? - The away support may even be less vocal if the singers are not all squashed together in one part of the stand.

If you look at our finances you'd see that £250k would be pretty meaningless.
I disagree, £250k is a material sum for any business. Sure, in terms of player wages it's *only* £8k or so a month but even that can make a difference and get us a £16k a month striker in on loan for the last 6 months.... It may be small change for our owners, but the club isn't allowed under financial fair play to be funded by an owners deep pockets..... going back a few years, Jamie Cureton was only £250k, what a bargain.

I actually question where this £250k came from, did someone just make it up assuming the away end would be sold out every game and those extra fans would all by x number of pints/hotdogs? - I imagine there are few games that would sell out the entire South Stand to away fans (Leeds were one example), plus the number of away fans who turn up in the West Lower each game suggests they'll get in anyway regardless of how many seats are officially designated as away fan seats.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2019 16:48

Old Man Andrews
LWJ
Old Man Andrews It isn't going to continue and you have no idea what Nigel Howe thinks.

My guess is some of us have more knowledge than you might on that subject... :)

He doesn't, he is a hugely disliked Twitter goon who is openly mocked on a regular basis for making things up.

As opposed to you, a moderately disliked HNA goon who is openly mocked on a regular basis

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2019 17:23

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
LWJ My guess is some of us have more knowledge than you might on that subject... :)

He doesn't, he is a hugely disliked Twitter goon who is openly mocked on a regular basis for making things up.

As opposed to you, a moderately disliked HNA goon who is openly mocked on a regular basis

Not sure you're one to give lectures on being liked.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 20 Mar 2019 17:36

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

Ian is the boards whipping boy that's for sure. I think even Kes is more liked then him. I know for certain I am

And to top it all off he is a staunch club1871 defender and is the leaders puppetman :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2019 20:18

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

I thought it was ok, seeing as you were doing it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Mar 2019 12:50

Brilliant how this initiative has really grown and from what I have heard the likelihood that's is here to stay with added incentives to move to the south stand from next season. Well done all.

One87One

by One87One » 24 Mar 2019 18:56

paultheroyal Brilliant how this initiative has really grown and from what I have heard the likelihood that's is here to stay with added incentives to move to the south stand from next season. Well done all.

This is most certainly the case. Nigel Howe is a big supporter of the initiative!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Mar 2019 08:14

One87One
paultheroyal Brilliant how this initiative has really grown and from what I have heard the likelihood that's is here to stay with added incentives to move to the south stand from next season. Well done all.

This is most certainly the case. Nigel Howe is a big supporter of the initiative!

Please provide evidence of this.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2019 12:28

Old Man Andrews
One87One

On the basis that we secure championship status this initiative will remain and grow in 19/20. That is all you need to know.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Mar 2019 12:29

paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews
One87One

On the basis that we secure championship status this initiative will remain and grow in 19/20. That is all you need to know.

No it isn't all I need to know. I would like to know how its known Nigel Howe is a big supporter of it?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2019 13:51

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal
Old Man Andrews

No it isn't all I need to know. I would like to know how its known Nigel Howe is a big supporter of it?
Have you not seen him in the South Stand leading the chants?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 25 Mar 2019 18:39

OMA. Perhaps instead of polluting this board with idle speculation, bullshit and bolllocks, you might want to accept that there are actually people on here that are 'In the know' and post facts.
I know it hurts, but you really need to have a word with yourself and get over it

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2019 18:56

Decent turn outs in our recent home games by club 1871. It needs to continue on Saturday especially as Preston are coming with a decent sized away support.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Mar 2019 23:55

Royality creeps In OMA. Perhaps instead of polluting this board with idle speculation, bullshit and bolllocks, you might want to accept that there are actually people on here that are 'In the know' and post facts.
I know it hurts, but you really need to have a word with yourself and get over it

They are posting unsubstantiated facts and are thus not facts. I'd like to see the evidence Nigel Howe is a huge supporter of Club 1871, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Mar 2019 08:18

Old Man Andrews They are posting unsubstantiated facts and are thus not facts.

Er what?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Mar 2019 08:30

Platypuss

Er what?

If something cannot be proven how can it be a fact. It is an opinion not a fact.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 26 Mar 2019 12:22

Old Man Andrews
Platypuss

Er what?

If something cannot be proven how can it be a fact. It is an opinion not a fact.

I think most people accept that facts can exist independent of proof, however it is harder to distinguish between a fact and an assertion without proof..I can tell you as a fact that more people appear to be sitting in 1871 now, just because I can't prove it doesn't mean it isn't true! I think it is unlikely that there is any pubilically postable proof relating to someone's opinion, that does not mean that it is not true or that that proof does not exist - it is more likely that proof is confidential. .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2019 22:37

Something is either a fact or it is not, independently of whether it has been substantiated yet.

For example, it is either raining where I am or it is not. I can look out my window see it's raining here and tell you it's raining here. My claim that it's raining here doesn't stop being factually accurate just because I haven't taken a picture and posted it to prove it to you.

Just because I haven't shown you evidence, doesn't make it an opinion that it's raining.

Howe either supports it or he doesn't. People can know which it is without providing you with evidence.

What's your reason for scepticism about the Howe support claim? The initiative continues. It has received clear support with the free beer offer. There seems reason to speculate Howe supports it on that basis, and the claim is coming from people involved in the initiative.

By contrast, you're claim he doesn't support it comes from your arm chair trolling of the whole thing.

I know who I give more credence to.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 27 Mar 2019 00:07

Snowflake Royal Something is either a fact or it is not, independently of whether it has been substantiated yet.

For example, it is either raining where I am or it is not. I can look out my window see it's raining here and tell you it's raining here. My claim that it's raining here doesn't stop being factually accurate just because I haven't taken a picture and posted it to prove it to you.

Just because I haven't shown you evidence, doesn't make it an opinion that it's raining.

Howe either supports it or he doesn't. People can know which it is without providing you with evidence.

What's your reason for scepticism about the Howe support claim? The initiative continues. It has received clear support with the free beer offer. There seems reason to speculate Howe supports it on that basis, and the claim is coming from people involved in the initiative.

By contrast, you're claim he doesn't support it comes from your arm chair trolling of the whole thing.

It's your, not you're.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Mar 2019 08:18

Snowflake Royal Something is either a fact or it is not, independently of whether it has been substantiated yet.

If I ask for evidence and it can't be provided then I will assume the person telling me the information is lying. Believing someone is a choice you make based on what they have said. It is a clear lie that anyone knows what Nigel Howe currently thinks about Club 1871, you know it. Please show evidence that Nigel Howe had anything to do with the free beer offer? It came about through the Club 1871 organiser begging Heineken for free stuff in order to desperately try and save their failed project. Nothing to do with the club, they didn't pay for it. Also I have at no point said Nigel Howe isn't a supporter, I merely asked for a shred of evidence that he is.

You won't win Ian, I don't have to support or like Club 1871 and I am allowed to have have the opinions I hold on it as are you. I know you aren't mature enough to understand that but try and have a go.

2100 posts