2100 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 16:21

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
Jesus you're being dense. We're literally in the process of giving it a go. It hasn't even been running for a season yet and there were plenty of knobs on here moaning about it 2 games in. How is that giving it a go? The fact that the initiative has coincided with the worst on pitch performances in recent times hasn't helped but its testament how successful its been. It appears the last few games it's been garning support and perhaps it will eventually snow ball into something like Bayerns atmosphere where its throughout the ground.

I didn't moan about it two games in. Two games isn't giving it a go. But we're now 25 games or whatever in and there's been a good atmosphere in about 1 game so far. Results shouldn't have any impact. Look at Leeds, before this season they've been meandering in mid table and still maintained a decent atmosphere. Then look at City. Winning trophy after trophy, and it's like a library at the Etihad. It could snow ball into something like Bayern's atmosphere. I don't think it will , you may think it might. Cool

The reason I'm insulting you is because statements like the madejski is souless is just moronic, unhelpful and complete nonsense. It's very easy to just sit back and say 'atmospheres shit always will be no point trying anything.' It's completely reductive and useless.

"Complete nonsense" yet the majority of opposing teams says the Madejski is the worst atmosphere in the league. I think we could try something. I put my hands up and admit saying there's no alternative was a nonsense statement. But it's a lose-lose situation the way it's currently run. We either have a sparse south stand or a sparse east stand. Because let's be honest, the majority who sit in the south stand have come from the east. Could we re-locate it to the East Stand? Do you think that could help

Again if we're going to take the bayern example their is stadium is in an extremely similar location to ours, if not more out of town. So your can forget that line of thought you've mentioned in another post.

Tbf, I only said it really doesn't help that it's so far out of town. It's a contributing factor to the poor atmosphere , but certainly not a direct excuse to it. Notice the atmosphere at Elm Park was a lot better, decent location, decent sized ground (which avoid the problems of glory hunter to an extent) etc

This is such a reductive argument. Yes I'm sure now if we played in a 6000 seater stadium in the 4th tier we would have a better atmosphere. Unfortunately were in the championship in a new build 24,000 seater stadium.

I really don't get your argument. The atmosphere was shit/is shit. Everyone unanimously agrees on this. If the east stand and organic atmosphere was working then club 1871 wouldn't exist. We agree on this as well.
The only alternative you've offered up is to do nothing and moan about how shit the atmosphere is at home games and therefore only go to away games. It doesn't really make any sense.

IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS HAVING 500 PEOPLE STAND BY THEMSELVES IN AN EMPTY STAND, DANCING TO GOAL MUSIC WHEN WE SCORE. PUT THEM IN THE EAST STAND AT LEAST SO WE DON'T HAVE TWO SPARSE STANDS AND THEN THE AWAY FANS CAN FILL THE OTHER HALF UP OF THE SOUTH STAND IF THEY SO CHOOSE TO

And yes, I am getting wound up because I'm repeating myself over and over again

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Apr 2019 16:31

26-10-06
URZZZZ
26-10-06 I think 'URZZZZ' needs to get himself a job or a hobby - look how many times he/she has commented on the matter!

Imagine getting this wound up over where people decide to sit at a football stadium

Mate, there are people with 20 times my posts in about one fifth of the time. A really pointless argument summed up by a drip of a person

I'm not wound up. I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it, stick it

I mean, you don't sound wound up at all, do you?!

Looks like we found Kes again.....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 16:37

I'm sorry, I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick, I'm just a bit bored of repeating myself

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-14436237
This article is everything I'm really trying to say

I understand why they're having a go the atmosphere is like a morgue. But I think forced atmospheres are fake and I'm not a fan of them. That's all my point is

Unless someone comes up with a new point, I'm not going to bother responding otherwise we'll end up going in circles and circles

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 16:39

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

This is such a reductive argument. Yes I'm sure now if we played in a 6000 seater stadium in the 4th tier we would have a better atmosphere. Unfortunately were in the championship in a new build 24,000 seater stadium.

I really don't get your argument. The atmosphere was shit/is shit. Everyone unanimously agrees on this. If the east stand and organic atmosphere was working then club 1871 wouldn't exist. We agree on this as well.
The only alternative you've offered up is to do nothing and moan about how shit the atmosphere is at home games and therefore only go to away games. It doesn't really make any sense.

IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS HAVING 500 PEOPLE STAND BY THEMSELVES IN AN EMPTY STAND, DANCING TO GOAL MUSIC WHEN WE SCORE. PUT THEM IN THE EAST STAND AT LEAST SO WE DON'T HAVE TWO SPARSE STANDS AND THEN THE AWAY FANS CAN FILL THE OTHER HALF UP OF THE SOUTH STAND IF THEY SO CHOOSE TO

No you're not. Now you've changed your argument to being about goal music and empty stands, which looks ridiculous whether it's 500 people standing by themselves in an empty stand or 15,000 in a sold out east stand. Coincidently Bayern also have goal music.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2019 17:01

URZZZZ
How would I improve it? Difficult one considering the state of our fans/location of the ground/locations of the singing section. For a start, don't isolate them, compare to Palace's and Huddersfield's, they're not in the middle of no-where, they're in the midst of the other fans. And theirs work

Are you daft or just being deliberately obtuse for the sake of?

Palace were forced into the corner of the Holmesdale end. They aren't in the middle of anybody (they will be next year after nearly 15 years of it being ran!!!).

Huddesfield didn't used to sell next to the away fans till they became bigger. They had the same setup as us with half the stand split for away and half not used. Their ultra movement moved into the empty space and then got built around it. Just like the South Stand has the potential to be.

You claim to go to away games more than home but it doesn't seem like you know anything about any of the grounds you are mentioning. OOOO YOUVE SEEN BAYERN WAVE SOME FLAGS ON TV SO IT MUST BE THE WHOLE GROUND WHAT CREATE THEIR ATMOSPHERE. muppet

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Apr 2019 17:01

To be perfectly honest I can barely hear C1871 during games. Bar a few times when that drum they have becomes audible.

I've always said they'd be better in amongst the fans winning hearts and minds and they have therefore created their own problems a little bit by isolating themselves in that part of the south. However well intentioned, Liam Moore and the club haven't helped their cause either. Of course people are going to get upset or jealous when one part of the support is getting, or being seen to be getting, preferential treatment.

They either need to find a way to move to the ED or, more feasibly swap sides so they can be closer to the East Stand.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 17:13

LWJ
URZZZZ
How would I improve it? Difficult one considering the state of our fans/location of the ground/locations of the singing section. For a start, don't isolate them, compare to Palace's and Huddersfield's, they're not in the middle of no-where, they're in the midst of the other fans. And theirs work

Palace were forced into the corner of the Holmesdale end. They aren't in the middle of anybody (they will be next year after nearly 15 years of it being ran!!!).

Huddesfield didn't used to sell next to the away fans till they became bigger. They had the same setup as us with half the stand split for away and half not used. Their ultra movement moved into the empty space and then got built around it. Just like the South Stand has the potential to be.

You claim to go to away games more than home but it doesn't seem like you know anything about any of the grounds you are mentioning. OOOO YOUVE SEEN BAYERN WAVE SOME FLAGS ON TV SO IT MUST BE THE WHOLE GROUND WHAT CREATE THEIR ATMOSPHERE. muppet

I never claimed to go to more away games, I said I prefer going to away games than homes games, big difference. If you can't see there's two sides to an argument, you're clearly just self-centred so there's no point of having a discussion

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 17:36

URZZZZ
LWJ
URZZZZ

I never claimed to go to more away games, I said I prefer going to away games than homes games, big difference. If you can't see there's two sides to an argument, you're clearly just self-centred so there's no point of having a discussion

Tbh it comes across like you haven't attended any football matches ever but instead have seen some youtube videos put out by Südkurve München and are using that as your basis.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 04 Apr 2019 19:38

We have some real numpties on here.
The bottom line is the club endorse it. Having been in there all season I can say without any shadow of doubt that I am enjoying going to games again. I can stand without some pleb telling me to sit down, I can move around, and have a sing song and oxf*rd smile and a laugh. I'm not stuck in a corner, which in itself is probably the poorest view in the ground! Personally I would much rather be behind a goal anyway.

The atmosphere at the stadium was dull as dishwater until a few hardy souls met with the club and came up with an idea which seems to be working.
Oh and the numbers are increasing, which tells its own story.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Apr 2019 19:45

There have been times this season when Club 1871 has been a complete waste of time with a handful of supporters in the South Stand. However for the last few home games it’s been much better. I don’t care if there was an inducement offering free beers to get fans into the South Stand. It worked and didn’t cost the club anything.
So as long as numbers are maintained at current levels and preferably continue to increase then I see no reason why it shouldn’t continue.

The atmosphere is definitely improving and Club 1871 are playing their part in that.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 04 Apr 2019 20:03

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

URZZZZ - 500 people is a quarter of that stand so it can't be 'empty' can it! And how does 500 look ridiculous anyway? 5 people would look ridiculous but not 500. And the goal music has been the same for ages and the whole ground celebrates to it so to single out 1871 for this is nonsense. You're saying put them in the East but most of them have come from the East! And they've come from the East because the atmosphere wasn't good enough there.. I can't believe some people actually get annoyed about the initiative. Considering our form I think 500+ in there has been a great achievement and the gaps it may leave in the East will soon be filled by others returning once the football improves or if we have a much better run next season. It's not like every club fills the whole South stand either so it would be empty for a lot of games if 1871 weren't in it. Out of the current teams in the Championship I would say less than half would fill both sides regardless of their form.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 04 Apr 2019 20:14

26-10-06
URZZZZ
26-10-06 I think 'URZZZZ' needs to get himself a job or a hobby - look how many times he/she has commented on the matter!

Imagine getting this wound up over where people decide to sit at a football stadium

Mate, there are people with 20 times my posts in about one fifth of the time. A really pointless argument summed up by a drip of a person

Totally agree with you 26-10-06. I go to many away games, and the home support is pathetic and quiet. Those that criticise the MadStad atmosphere clearly don't go to many other grounds. There are umpteen worse than ours.
Staggeringly bad points being made on this thread. Many many home "supports" are way more quiet than the MadStad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Apr 2019 20:19

Barney
26-10-06
URZZZZ

Totally agree with you 26-10-06. I go to many away games, and the home support is pathetic and quiet. Those that criticise the MadStad atmosphere clearly don't go to many other grounds. There are umpteen worse than ours.
Staggeringly bad points being made on this thread. Many many home "supports" are way more quiet than the MadStad.

True to an extent. The atmosphere has been dire at The Madejski over much of the past couple of years though. It’s significantly improved in the past month or so.

One87One

by One87One » 04 Apr 2019 20:27

sandman To be perfectly honest I can barely hear C1871 during games. Bar a few times when that drum they have becomes audible.

I've always said they'd be better in amongst the fans winning hearts and minds and they have therefore created their own problems a little bit by isolating themselves in that part of the south. However well intentioned, Liam Moore and the club haven't helped their cause either. Of course people are going to get upset or jealous when one part of the support is getting, or being seen to be getting, preferential treatment.

They either need to find a way to move to the ED or, more feasibly swap sides so they can be closer to the East Stand.

C1871 cannot swap sides with the away fans as we then can't provide the away fans with their minimum allocation.

A switch to the Dolan Stand has been suggested as a plan b if the initiative didn't get the nod next season, however Nigel Howe is very supportive of the singing section and as per last conversations with him, it will continue next season and in the South as is.

Having reviewed the available seats in the Dolan Stand, C1871 could easily switch to the Dolan, however because of the family zone in the Dolan East side, it's unlikely to be taken further at this time.

jar95

by jar95 » 05 Apr 2019 09:45

URZZZZ
jar95 Wow - is this debate still going on? My point of view (for the little that it is worth) having sat in Club1871 for the last 3 games last year, as well as having my season ticket there this season.

I don't think anybody can deny that the atmosphere at the mad stad in previous years was dull. Singing the same old songs, and constantly being out sung by a couple of hundred away fans. Yes, the majority of this comes down to what is going on the pitch, but still it has been dreadful. In that time, a number of people have been moaning saying something has to be done to improve the atmosphere... this then leads us onto some people coming up with the idea of the club 1871 (not me btw) and starting of with a small number of people, which yes did look silly, but this had to start somewhere... having gained some good reaction from players, and those in 1871 they sold ST in there.

Admittedly this season the numbers did struggle, and yes the draw was the free alcohol for the wigan game which was helped with the result...BUT, what about the leeds game a few days after where we got taught a lesson. This didnt turn people away from it did it? Also, if the east stand is / was good with the atmosphere then why has the ED and 1871 been louder than both in recent weeks. At the end of the day, people have a choice of where they want to sit, and if it riles people up so much then they must have a pretty good life...

At the end of the day, people have a choice to say what they want about matters such as this, and if it riles people up so much then they have a pretty good life...

Ignoring all points I made and just trying to reply with some 'witty banter'... nice one :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2019 10:06

The success of 1871 is always going to be tied into what is happening on the pitch. If there are 13k in the stadium watching us lose 1-0 to Bolton it will look rubbish.

The last few games have definitely shown the potential. Team playing better, Id go as far as to say the atmosphere has been 'good' and 1871 fill a good percentage of the stand

If we have a good season and the footy is entertaining, there will be 1500 in there and it will work a treat. I think considering how appalling we've been for 2 years, its made a reasonable start

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Apr 2019 11:02

Hound The success of 1871 is always going to be tied into what is happening on the pitch. If there are 13k in the stadium watching us lose 1-0 to Bolton it will look rubbish.

The last few games have definitely shown the potential. Team playing better, Id go as far as to say the atmosphere has been 'good' and 1871 fill a good percentage of the stand

If we have a good season and the footy is entertaining, there will be 1500 in there and it will work a treat. I think considering how appalling we've been for 2 years, its made a reasonable start

Aye, what I've been saying all along.

Right idea that came along at the worst possible time. But it's improving.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 05 Apr 2019 11:21

I have a season tkt in C1871 (and had one at EP). It was a bit awkward at first, but as I have said before it is SO MUCH better that sitting with the clappers in the East stand who just moan - i enjoy going to football now. The past few games have been brilliant, the football has helped, although I was away for the Leeds game I understand it was still good despite getting dick$d. Although other clubs won't admit it I bet they are bit envious that someone has put their head above the parapet and had the B@lls to organise this and stick with it. Boxing the away fans in between Y'stoneisland'26 and C1871 is genius - we will definitely outsing Brentford and they will be mightely annoyed because of it. If OMA and JS and the other trolls, fisherman, kbw put as much effort into supporting the club rather than slagging off C1871 they might feel better about themselves.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Apr 2019 11:29

genome
Hound The success of 1871 is always going to be tied into what is happening on the pitch. If there are 13k in the stadium watching us lose 1-0 to Bolton it will look rubbish.

Aye, what I've been saying all along.

Right idea that came along at the worst possible time. But it's improving.

If we can finish the season strongly and have a positive summer, it could have a very good start next year.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Apr 2019 11:42

madstadblues I have a season tkt in C1871 (and had one at EP). It was a bit awkward at first, but as I have said before it is SO MUCH better that sitting with the clappers in the East stand who just moan - i enjoy going to football now. The past few games have been brilliant, the football has helped, although I was away for the Leeds game I understand it was still good despite getting dick$d. Although other clubs won't admit it I bet they are bit envious that someone has put their head above the parapet and had the B@lls to organise this and stick with it. Boxing the away fans in between Y'stoneisland'26 and C1871 is genius - we will definitely outsing Brentford and they will be mightely annoyed because of it. If OMA and JS and the other trolls, fisherman, kbw put as much effort into supporting the club rather than slagging off C1871 they might feel better about themselves.

You might not agree with my view on Club 1871 but you certainly can't question my support. You think because you managed to get a few chants going against Wigan and the other little clubs that you've 'achieved success' when all you've done is divide the support further. We're onto page 40 of this thread and still people don't agree. Your aim is to be Huddersfield - that says it all really.

Where were any of you at away games. Where were you at Preston? Where were you at Bolton? Because I was there supporting the club.

2100 posts