Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
La Flama Blanca

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by La Flama Blanca » 08 Apr 2019 20:17

John Smith I see the South Stand isn't available to purchase online for the Brentford game. Has it sold out or is the initiative not being run this weekend?

You have to ring the ticket office up to get a ticket. They've done it for a few of them to stop away fans trying to book tickets online for it I believe.

One87One

by One87One » 09 Apr 2019 00:56

paultheroyal
Royality creeps In We have some real numpties on here.
The bottom line is the club endorse it. Having been in there all season I can say without any shadow of doubt that I am enjoying going to games again. I can stand without some pleb telling me to sit down, I can move around, and have a sing song and oxf*rd smile and a laugh. I'm not stuck in a corner, which in itself is probably the poorest view in the ground! Personally I would much rather be behind a goal anyway.

The atmosphere at the stadium was dull as dishwater until a few hardy souls met with the club and came up with an idea which seems to be working.
Oh and the numbers are increasing, which tells its own story.

It has been an excellent success, growing in numbers and with some exciting enhancements and incentives for next season its great to see it being endorsed by the club. Well done.

Exactly! 650 fans enjoyed the PNE game in the South Stand. Sales going well for Brentford, and we’re hopeful of matching and even breaking that number.

As the team perform better, crowds throughout the ground improve, in all stands. Had we had a better season then C1871 would have been a success sooner. I’m delighted it will continue next season!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Apr 2019 18:59

One87One
paultheroyal
Royality creeps In We have some real numpties on here.
The bottom line is the club endorse it. Having been in there all season I can say without any shadow of doubt that I am enjoying going to games again. I can stand without some pleb telling me to sit down, I can move around, and have a sing song and oxf*rd smile and a laugh. I'm not stuck in a corner, which in itself is probably the poorest view in the ground! Personally I would much rather be behind a goal anyway.

The atmosphere at the stadium was dull as dishwater until a few hardy souls met with the club and came up with an idea which seems to be working.
Oh and the numbers are increasing, which tells its own story.

It has been an excellent success, growing in numbers and with some exciting enhancements and incentives for next season its great to see it being endorsed by the club. Well done.

Exactly! 650 fans enjoyed the PNE game in the South Stand. Sales going well for Brentford, and we’re hopeful of matching and even breaking that number.

As the team perform better, crowds throughout the ground improve, in all stands. Had we had a better season then C1871 would have been a success sooner. I’m delighted it will continue next season!

It’s really good to hear numbers will be decent again on Saturday. It’s such a huge game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 01:04

Zip
One87One
paultheroyal

It’s really good to hear numbers will be decent again on Saturday. It’s such a huge game.

Wondering if they'd all be there against Forest Green next season on a cold Tuesday night?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Apr 2019 05:13

URZZZZ
Zip
One87One

Wondering if they'd all be there against Forest Green next season on a cold Tuesday night?

Theres nothing wrong with Forest Green!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Apr 2019 13:10

URZZZZ
Zip
One87One

Teams are not allowed to double jump a league in a double promotion - HTH.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2019 13:13

paultheroyal
URZZZZ
Zip

If we go down and FGR go up......

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Apr 2019 15:40

I am sitting in club1871 on Saturday. I Have a Reading fc shirt that says "double d likes" - and number 69 on the back. Come say hi if you want

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Apr 2019 16:05

The Enfield Royal71 I am sitting in club1871 on Saturday. I Have a Reading fc shirt that says "double d likes" - and number 69 on the back. Come say hi if you want

You don't though, do you?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2019 18:24

Zip
paultheroyal
URZZZZ

FGR is the weirdest ground ever. Weird ground, weird place, weird people. All just very strange and bizarre.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2019 19:00

CountryRoyal
Zip
paultheroyal

FGR is the weirdest ground ever. Weird ground, weird place, weird people. All just very strange and bizarre.

I went there when we played a friendly under Coppell just after we had been relegated. My lad was four at the time. I managed to get Coppell to give my lad his autograph. Coppell asked my boy where he lived to which the response was “England”. Coppell was great with him.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Apr 2019 19:19

CountryRoyal
Zip
paultheroyal

.mrs dd's uncle works for them

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Apr 2019 19:20

Hendo
The Enfield Royal71 I am sitting in club1871 on Saturday. I Have a Reading fc shirt that says "double d likes" - and number 69 on the back. Come say hi if you want

Yes I do.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2019 19:44

The high-fivers will be looking out for you on Saturday...enjoy your day DD!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 10 Apr 2019 20:05

AthleticoSpizz The high-fivers will be looking out for you on Saturday...enjoy your day DD!

I will high five anybody!!!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Apr 2019 20:06

Good lad

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Apr 2019 22:06

The Enfield Royal71
Hendo

Yes I do.

But do you? Could always prove it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Apr 2019 08:08

I am in the South Stand again Saturday, willing to give it another go.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 11 Apr 2019 08:53

Old Man Andrews I am in the South Stand again Saturday, willing to give it another go.

Be great if you and DD where sat next to each other.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Apr 2019 08:54

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews I am in the South Stand again Saturday, willing to give it another go.

Be great if you and DD where sat next to each other.

Got a feeling he might be in a different section of the stand if you know what I mean.

2100 posts