Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Sep 2018 10:31

Hound
26-10-06 Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

I think this is the crux. We've hit a real low ebb on the pitch, and the ground is only half full.

Should we get another couple more Hull performances/results in the next month or so, we should be back up about 15-16k and I suspect the Club1871 group will be a lot bigger and noisier. I'd like to see how it worked if we had 20k in the ground

But their whole remit was they would fill the stand and be loud and supportive "no matter what". Against Sheffield Wednesday they couldn't even organise themselves to sit together properly let alone anything else. The management of the whole project has been very poor.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 26 Sep 2018 10:54

Old Man Andrews
Hound
26-10-06 Suspect if we were playing well an averaging 17,000+ then we would be on course for about 600 in there every game - that would make a huge difference.

I think this is the crux. We've hit a real low ebb on the pitch, and the ground is only half full.

Should we get another couple more Hull performances/results in the next month or so, we should be back up about 15-16k and I suspect the Club1871 group will be a lot bigger and noisier. I'd like to see how it worked if we had 20k in the ground

But their whole remit was they would fill the stand and be loud and supportive "no matter what". Against Sheffield Wednesday they couldn't even organise themselves to sit together properly let alone anything else. The management of the whole project has been very poor.

I am still not against the idea, if people want to sit there then so be it. Its not for me but understand why people want to be there. If it stays on the same course as it is, it isn't going to work and people with tails between their legs.
There needs to a be a vast improvement for it to work, a bit more organisation and unity with the entire south stand. People dotted around the stand is a bit silly. Sit together make noise. They have sort of segregated themselves from other stands / supporters which I think is the main issue - they need to address this. Be a bit more vocal and engaging online. Build bridges.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 26 Sep 2018 14:42

Old Man Andrews
Hound

As I have previously mentioned, I moved to to the South Stand to get away from moaners in Y20. I don't have any knock off Stone Island stuff so chose to sit in Club1871 area rather than Y25/26. I have no idea who organised it, what the 'rules' are where I should or shouldn't sit but it's a refreshing change and despite the low numbers it was the first game for a long, long time there I have sung for the majority of the match. However, one of the undocumented benefits of the initative is how much it annoys OMA & John Smith : )

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Sep 2018 14:45

madstadblues
Old Man Andrews
Hound

As I have previously mentioned, I moved to to the South Stand to get away from moaners in Y20. I don't have any knock off Stone Island stuff so chose to sit in Club1871 area rather than Y25/26. I have no idea who organised it, what the 'rules' are where I should or shouldn't sit but it's a refreshing change and despite the low numbers it was the first game for a long, long time there I have sung for the majority of the match. However, one of the undocumented benefits of the initative is how much it annoys OMA & John Smith : )

None of it annoys me, I am a well known supporter of the project. It just hasn't worked and I embarassed for those still persisting with it and for the club in general. It hasn't worked.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 26 Sep 2018 15:14

Old Man Andrews
madstadblues
Old Man Andrews

None of it annoys me, I am a well known supporter of the project. It just hasn't worked and I embarassed for those still persisting with it and for the club in general. It hasn't worked.

You speak so much rubbish it's unbelievable. If there has been fans who have moved over from Y26 including myself and have enjoyed it in the South stand more than they have in Y26 then I would count that as a success. If attendance grows, South stand will grow. If we sing all game like we did against Hull with even 400 fans, every game that would be loud and I would consider us having a decent atmosphere rather than a soulless library.

They're trying to do something good and which is really needed, so give them a chance rather than knocking them down at every opportunity?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Sep 2018 17:19

madreadingfan You speak so much rubbish it's unbelievable. If there has been fans who have moved over from Y26 including myself and have enjoyed it in the South stand more than they have in Y26 then I would count that as a success. If attendance grows, South stand will grow. If we sing all game like we did against Hull with even 400 fans, every game that would be loud and I would consider us having a decent atmosphere rather than a soulless library.

They're trying to do something good and which is really needed, so give them a chance rather than knocking them down at every opportunity?

I think the point is that you aren't singing or building an atmosphere in your numbers. You've just moved where you sit to the south stand and put a label on it. And the fact the rest of us are somehow meant to buy into it when it's quite frankly embarrassing is all the more difficult to accept.

Also, if the point is to try and raise the atmosphere, why weren't you all there for the Carabao Cup fixtures, when typically the atmosphere is at it's quietest and therefore surely would need bolstering?

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 26 Sep 2018 17:32

John Smith
madreadingfan You speak so much rubbish it's unbelievable. If there has been fans who have moved over from Y26 including myself and have enjoyed it in the South stand more than they have in Y26 then I would count that as a success. If attendance grows, South stand will grow. If we sing all game like we did against Hull with even 400 fans, every game that would be loud and I would consider us having a decent atmosphere rather than a soulless library.

I think the point is that you aren't singing or building an atmosphere in your numbers. You've just moved where you sit to the south stand and put a label on it. And the fact the rest of us are somehow meant to buy into it when it's quite frankly embarrassing is all the more difficult to accept.

Also, if the point is to try and raise the atmosphere, why weren't you all there for the Carabao Cup fixtures, when typically the atmosphere is at it's quietest and therefore surely would need bolstering?

What's your benchmark of success based on ? Have a look round the ground when there's only a few folk in the South Stand - what do you see emptyness. You are either on a long term fishing trip or a one of these folk that finds misery in everything. Either way I'm very happy knowing everytime I go into the South Stand I annoy & embarass you.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 26 Sep 2018 17:55

John Smith

The rest of the stadium has declined in numbers hence numbers aren't coming through anywhere at the moment. I'd argue that we've sung a lot more than if this whole initiative wasn't created in the first place and we were all in Y26 still.

I found sitting in Y26, not singing, being bored and watching 4k away fans constantly outsing us incredibly more embarassing than the 200 of us making noise and keeping some away fans quiet. It it fails then fair enough, shit happens but if we get results then it may grow into some good loud noise. It's way too early to tell where it's going until we start attracting larger crowds E.G. There were about 300-400 for Derby.

What I find hard to swallow is how fans can bash it when it's really early days. What good does the consistent bashing do?

They're taking their own spare time to organise something to try and improve match day atmosphere and make games more enjoyable for fans. If you don't like their approach that's fair enough but the chances are this is the first time they've created some sort of initiative to create an atmosphere so would be pretty inexperienced. You don't know as much as I don't know if it's going to grow big or not. I really hope it does because having the south stand full of Reading fans all singing together would be a great spectacle.

The organisers have my utmost respect for doing this outside of their working hours for a club that they love and being brave enough to do so in the first place when they were bound to know there will be some fans who will criticise and call them names.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 26 Sep 2018 19:14

Fully agree with this.

Unfortunately life is full of people that will criticise and say what other people should be doing without ever lifting a finger to do it themselves. These type of people see the worst in everything.

What it needs isn't y25/26 to join in with the same chants as 1871. We need to make an effort to coordinate.

Keep going club 1871 it will turn good eventually.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Sep 2018 22:32

I think it’s fine as it is. I can’t hear them in the ED so they don’t disturb me while I’m trying to concentrate and clear a load of emails on my phone

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Sep 2018 08:01

3points I think it’s fine as it is. I can’t hear them in the ED so they don’t disturb me while I’m trying to concentrate and clear a load of emails on my phone

You could host a conference call whilst sat in the ED its that quiet. Its great.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Sep 2018 08:55

Old Man Andrews But their whole remit was they would fill the stand and be loud and supportive "no matter what". Against Sheffield Wednesday they couldn't even organise themselves to sit together properly let alone anything else. The management of the whole project has been very poor.
I think part of the problem is that it's attracted the wrong sort of fans (perhaps word has got round that there's a very short queue at the concourse bar in that section) and that's diluted the impact.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Sep 2018 09:08

Forbury Lion
Old Man Andrews But their whole remit was they would fill the stand and be loud and supportive "no matter what". Against Sheffield Wednesday they couldn't even organise themselves to sit together properly let alone anything else. The management of the whole project has been very poor.
I think part of the problem is that it's attracted the wrong sort of fans (perhaps word has got round that there's a very short queue at the concourse bar in that section) and that's diluted the impact.

Agreed. The fans do not seem to be the hard-core supporter.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Sep 2018 14:16

Kulshaw72RFC Agreed. The fans do not seem to be the hard-core supporter.

Yes, because no true supporter would move seat to go and sing in the south stand. It doesn't make sense. The novelty has worn off, you've had your moment in the limelight and it's now embarrassing the club and becoming a burden on the revenue.

I'm afraid to say, it's time for 'Club 1871' to go.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 28 Sep 2018 14:29

John Smith

Yes, because no true supporter would move seat to go and sing in the south stand. It doesn't make sense. The novelty has worn off, you've had your moment in the limelight and it's now embarrassing the club and becoming a burden on the revenue.

I think the club should leave it until QPR on Tuesday to decide, if it is still pretty empty then and the QPR end full they should get rid.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 28 Sep 2018 14:31

Theroyalbox
John Smith

I think the club should leave it until QPR on Tuesday to decide, if it is still pretty empty then and the QPR end full they should get rid.

I do not think they will get rid. Even though Club 1871 are a minority, they are the most vocal supporters that the masses will see and will no doubt kick up a fuss and go to the press, or get the Twitter-razzi involved.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Sep 2018 17:28

:lol:
Theroyalbox
John Smith

:lol: yes, let's use a Tuesday night game to judge and move a load of season ticket holders to more than xpensive seats just to make you and the wum twins happy. :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 08:37

Snowflake Royal :lol:
Theroyalbox
John Smith Yes, because no true supporter would move seat to go and sing in the south stand. It doesn't make sense. The novelty has worn off, you've had your moment in the limelight and it's now embarrassing the club and becoming a burden on the revenue.

:lol: yes, let's use a Tuesday night game to judge and move a load of season ticket holders to more than xpensive seats just to make you and the wum twins happy. :lol:

What a shock, the boards biggest attention seeking nutter is in Club 1871..... Says it all.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 01 Oct 2018 09:23

Genuine question.

Do Club 1871 go to away games as that moniker aswell?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Oct 2018 10:03

Old Man Andrews What a shock, the boards biggest attention seeking nutter is in Club 1871..... Says it all.

I'm fairly sure John smith is actually against it

2100 posts