Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2018 17:18

I have a great idea, lets all go and watch the game in total silence. that would surely motivate the players out on the pitch. WTF is WRONG with you lot???
Somebody makes an effort to generate atmosphere inside the stadium and you simpletons are picking holes in it.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 15 Aug 2018 23:37

Green I assumed it was just another alterego of BR0B0Ts TBF, but I wouldn't take him too seriously in any case.

FUR Q MAGNUS!

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 16 Aug 2018 09:45

For the record I have moved to the Southstand as I am fed up with the moaners and lack of atmosphere where I currently sit and I'm looking forward to watching a few games with a more away like atmosphere. My original season ticket was in Y26 when the stadium first opened and when people thought you had a Scouts cooking badge on your arm if our wore Stone Island. The last thing I want is attention from some of the folk on this board! So, you Sir (WR) are wrong!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Aug 2018 11:18

Greatwesternline The whining on this thread from those not in favour is astonishing. There is so much passion and relentless effort being put into the complaining, you must be so angry about this.

Which seems odd given that it's just a few people sitting somewhere else in a football ground to where you sit, which was currently not being sat in. Odd.

Not exactly like it's the Israelis displacing the Palestinians out of the promised land following the Sykes-Picot Agreement now is it?

Do you get this upset when a small group of people get on a train and don't sit in the same carriage as you, or if someone on a double decker bus goes upstairs to the empty seats when you are sat downstairs?

Totally agree - why would anyone object to someone wanting to create a bit more atmosphere. I'm originally from Austria and most clubs there have their 'Ultras' - these have caused problems in terms hooliganism but it means that atmosphere at games is so much better now. It's like going to watch teams in Germany ...

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Aug 2018 11:32

Is this happening again for Saturday?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Aug 2018 11:38

Theroyalbox Is this happening again for Saturday?

Away at Bolton?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Aug 2018 11:51

bobby1413

Away at Bolton?

We're at home Saturday, no?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Aug 2018 11:55

John Smith
bobby1413

Away at Bolton?

Oh bloody hell, we are as well! I had it in my Google calendar as Bolton vs Reading... I even looked up train timings and considered going.

To answer your original question, i believe it will happen at every league home game

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Aug 2018 11:58

bobby1413
John Smith
bobby1413
Away at Bolton?

Oh bloody hell, we are as well! I had it in my Google calendar as Bolton vs Reading... I even looked up train timings and considered going.

To answer your original question, i believe it will happen at every league home game

Any idea on numbers similar to first game?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Aug 2018 12:33

bobby1413
John Smith
bobby1413
Away at Bolton?

I would have bloody loved it if you had turned up at the Macron on Saturday, imagine the horror.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Aug 2018 13:02

Old Man Andrews
bobby1413
John Smith We're at home Saturday, no?

I would have bloody loved it if you had turned up at the Macron on Saturday, imagine the horror.

It would have been like last season when I drove to a home game on a Saturday, only to park up and walk through Whitley and go to the area near the ground and realised I was walking alone and that no one else was making their way there. Looked up the fixtures and the game had been moved to Monday.

I have all the fixtures in my calendar but sometimes miss a change or forget to update.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 16 Aug 2018 15:56

bobby1413
It would have been like last season when I drove to a home game on a Saturday, only to park up and walk through Whitley and go to the area near the ground and realised I was walking alone and that no one else was making their way there. Looked up the fixtures and the game had been moved to Monday.

I have all the fixtures in my calendar but sometimes miss a change or forget to update.

That's proper tickled me bobby :lol:

Tip: download the club's ical thingy. When the fixtures get fcuked about with it updates automatically.

Though I wish they'd turn off the sodding 48hour reminder

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Aug 2018 17:34

The Reverend That's proper tickled me bobby :lol:

Tip: download the club's ical thingy. When the fixtures get fcuked about with it updates automatically.

Though I wish they'd turn off the sodding 48hour reminder

Hehe :P Was so annoying as my whole day had been planned around it, e.g. I got up early to sort some stuff out, was clock watching the whole morning, and then rushed home, got changed and left. Wasted the day as I would have just chilled out had I known about the fixture change.

It's been my routine for about 7 seasons, fixture day, I go and add them all to my calendar, only takes about 20 minutes and it's good as I get to properly assess the fixtures and plan them out as I go, e.g. which I'll probably try to make.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Aug 2018 20:17

windermereROYAL I have a great idea, lets all go and watch the game in total silence. that would surely motivate the players out on the pitch. WTF is WRONG with you lot???
Somebody makes an effort to generate atmosphere inside the stadium and you simpletons are picking holes in it.

They weren't making much of an effort today. Perhaps the novelty has worn off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Aug 2018 20:53

sandman
windermereROYAL I have a great idea, lets all go and watch the game in total silence. that would surely motivate the players out on the pitch. WTF is WRONG with you lot???

They weren't making much of an effort today. Perhaps the novelty has worn off.

Agrred, it was a pretty poor effort.

biff

by biff » 18 Aug 2018 21:56

In y25/6 we had a singing section already. We have now divided and conquered our own atmosphere.

A truly sh1te novelty idea, lose it next season.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Aug 2018 22:04

The South Standers were in good voice at the start of the game, but I was disappointed to hear some of the petty and irrelevant baiting of the Bolton fans around the half hour mark.

It was completely pointless at that point and only succeeded in making the largely silent away fans start singing - isn’t that against your own mantra?

biff

by biff » 18 Aug 2018 22:42

Baiting is 90% of football atmosphere. They should be doing more. Just stood in y26 without the holier/louder than thou mentality.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 18 Aug 2018 23:18

Was shit today. I made the comment after Derby (which was ten fold better than today) that it’s not really a singing section if half the people there aren’t singing.

As someone else mentioned all that’s happened is divided the vocal part of Y25/26.

I respect the idea and the effort but i do think it’s intrinsically flawed. Reading fans are what they are and you’re not just going to magically change that - you’ve either got to get existing members of the fan base into being more vocal in their support or expand and grow the fan base organically and trust that a louder and more “passionate” support follows in time.

The former isn’t going to happen and the latter would take years - if ever.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Aug 2018 00:04

I was well impressed with the Bolton fans today, thought they were really loud and travelled in far better numbers than I expected.

My fears came true a little today, and that is that all the Y25 and Y26 loud mouths have moved to the South Stand. I guess that's debatable but the atmosphere was dreadful.

The atmosphere from Club 1871 was good I thought, on the whole. But I just hope that we can both co-exist and compliment each other

2100 posts