2100 posts
jar95

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by jar95 » 23 Oct 2018 15:43

Old Man Andrews
jar95
muirinho
You were against it.
You posted absolutely poisonous garbage about it and about its backers when it was first organised, so bad that an entire thread was deleted.

Then you were posing as the "concerned friend" - the Iago type of concerned friend, that is.

You have been such a slimy sneery hypocrite about this whole thing, I want it to continue for an eternity, just to piss you off.

+100000000000.

OMA was so against it, it was unreal. Then he back tracked after apparently speaking to one of the organisers.

Exactly. I spoke to someone I disagreed with and then gave the project a chance, it is what adults do. Please try it when you feel you can.

So you admit you were against it to begin with, exactly what the post said to begin with.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 15:46

Old Man Andrews
jar95
muirinho
You were against it.
You posted absolutely poisonous garbage about it and about its backers when it was first organised, so bad that an entire thread was deleted.

Then you were posing as the "concerned friend" - the Iago type of concerned friend, that is.

You have been such a slimy sneery hypocrite about this whole thing, I want it to continue for an eternity, just to piss you off.

+100000000000.

OMA was so against it, it was unreal. Then he back tracked after apparently speaking to one of the organisers.

Exactly. I spoke to someone I disagreed with and then gave the project a chance, it is what adults do. Please try it when you feel you can.

If you aren't Kes I will be astounded.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 23 Oct 2018 15:52

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
muirinho
You were against it.

Get the feeling this guy doesn't like OMA.

He is an absolute wet blanket. He is the same person who tried to start a Twitter campaign to stop chanting with swearwords in it.

Failure.

proof?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 16:14

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
jar95
+100000000000.

If you aren't Kes I will be astounded.

Don't start DD you've been doing well.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 16:14

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox
Get the feeling this guy doesn't like OMA.

He is an absolute wet blanket. He is the same person who tried to start a Twitter campaign to stop chanting with swearwords in it.

Failure.

proof?

Twitter is your friend. You have a lot of spare time clearly so look at his account. Same user name.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Oct 2018 16:28

Stranded
genome
Stranded
As mentioned in my other post, 1 from 7 have sold out the 2200 they get currently and only 1900 of them actually attended. Of those 4, 2 are London clubs who you might expect to take a larger allocation for a short trip. For even half the league to take 4400 tickets, that would means that 12 of the final 16 home games would see clubs want to bring 4k fans. As our home games include Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Brentford who don't travel in big numbers, you would be looking at the remaining clubs all bringing 4000.

Not going to happen.

genome (if that)

Bristol City, Leeds, Aston Villa usually take 4k to us, I think? Then you usually get Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Brentford pushing that but not quite selling out (but definitely a good 3k+). Stoke, perhaps. Sheffield United and Forest are also good shouts if they are still flying high when we play them at home.

Of those clubs we played last season only Leeds and Bristol brought over 3k (3470 & 3400 respectively) so neither totally sold out.

Brentford were the only other side to break 2200 with 2800, so comfortable that 2200 really is fine for them. Forest only brought 1300 and Sheff Utd 730, so unless they are still going well when we play them then neither really need more than 2200.

Leeds is also a Tuesday which may effect attendances esp if they fall away again as they are showing signs of doing (incredibly the Leeds game is the only scheduled midweek home game left this season).

I don't see why we should be looking to leave that part of the ground empty because some clubs might want to bring more fans but no guarantee that they will. Someone at the club will have done the sums here and figured that this is the best use of that part of the ground and is preferable to leaving it shut for 16 or 17 games a season.

I thought Villa bought well over 3000 to ours last season.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 24 Oct 2018 06:21

Stranded
genome Some basic rushed numbers that are probably completely wrong because it's Monday morning, but whatever

2,175 (half the south stand capacity) x £20 we charge for away tickets = £43,500 per game x 23 home games = £1,000,500 lost over the course of the season IF every away team sell out the South Stand. Not every team will, so it'll probably be around half that number (if that), minus £9085 for around 300 Club 1871 season tickets (or however many there were).

So I think it'll lose the club about £400,000 to £500,000, but it's hard to say.

As mentioned in my other post, 1 from 7 have sold out the 2200 they get currently and only 1900 of them actually attended. Of those 4, 2 are London clubs who you might expect to take a larger allocation for a short trip. For even half the league to take 4400 tickets, that would means that 12 of the final 16 home games would see clubs want to bring 4k fans. As our home games include Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan and Brentford who don't travel in big numbers, you would be looking at the remaining clubs all bringing 4000.

Not going to happen.

But it depends how the away teams are doing in the league aswell.

In our last 6 away games we have Leeds, West Brom, Brentford, Birmingham, Preston and Wigan.

Leeds, West Brom will bring the numbers naturally.
Brentford and wigan could easily be fighting for a play off spot so could bring en masse.
Pna maybe not and last game brum which could be a relegation decider could easily do 7k.

It's a sad state of affairs that the club is haemorrhaging money away and being essentially held to random by Club1871 as the commercial and ticketing departments have really cocked this one up. The simple solution would have been to moved Club1871 into Y26 right by the away fans. That way they are not segregated from the loudest and most passtionate fans.

Somebody at the club has made this decision and unfortunately they have to go.

We as a club need to restore accountability now and start looking forwards to ensure we are not relegated. That extra lost income could have been a new signing in January to push us up the table, or the difference between going into administration or not.
Who really runs this club?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 24 Oct 2018 06:28

jar95
Old Man Andrews
jar95
+100000000000.

So you admit you were against it to begin with, exactly what the post said to begin with.

Everybody knows OMA was against it. It was pretty obvious. Theres no need to admit anything.

I had a disagreement at work the other day, my boss in fact. She was trying to collect some player data and merge various segments together using Excel, it didn't really make sense. I said "why would you use Excel spreadsheets and formulas to merge things from the same database table about player heartrate and muscle recovery time, to find out what the average recovery time is in cold weather against hot weather and if certain weight regimes on certain body parts have an impact, when I can just do an SQL query on the relational database table after inputting stats and give you a dynamic report which will be real time data and can be used without much manual intervention"

She said she needed it now and she isn't as techy as me so would rather have it on her laptop and manage it.

I said that literelly makes no sense give me a few hours and I will whip something up. I did and she liked it and said she would go with my method.

The point is that adults can disagree about things and can also have real life conversations and change their minds about things.

Are you in Club1871 JarJar95? How do you think it is going? What have been the highlights and lowlights? Would you change anything?

jar95

by jar95 » 24 Oct 2018 15:58

Kulshaw72RFC
jar95
Old Man Andrews Exactly. I spoke to someone I disagreed with and then gave the project a chance, it is what adults do. Please try it when you feel you can.

Everybody knows OMA was against it. It was pretty obvious. Theres no need to admit anything.

I had a disagreement at work the other day, my boss in fact. She was trying to collect some player data and merge various segments together using Excel, it didn't really make sense. I said "why would you use Excel spreadsheets and formulas to merge things from the same database table about player heartrate and muscle recovery time, to find out what the average recovery time is in cold weather against hot weather and if certain weight regimes on certain body parts have an impact, when I can just do an SQL query on the relational database table after inputting stats and give you a dynamic report which will be real time data and can be used without much manual intervention"

She said she needed it now and she isn't as techy as me so would rather have it on her laptop and manage it.

I said that literelly makes no sense give me a few hours and I will whip something up. I did and she liked it and said she would go with my method.

The point is that adults can disagree about things and can also have real life conversations and change their minds about things.

Are you in Club1871 JarJar95? How do you think it is going? What have been the highlights and lowlights? Would you change anything?

100% agree with you. But my point was that OMA was against (if he still is now is irrelevant) - by him saying he wasn't is a lie. Thats like someone voting for Brexit, and then seeing what has happened, changing his mind and saying he wasnt for Brexit. Just because your opinion has changed, doesnt mean thats been your opinion the whole time.

Yes I am in Club1871, and I was for the 3 games last year, although not one of the guys who initially set it up. It is tough, but when the whole ground is struggling for attendance and atmosphere then it is inevitable. I don't think it is struggling / doing any better than y25/26. Highlight has been meeting a bunch of people who are actively looking to do something as opposed to moaning about the atmosphere / moaning about people trying to do something about it. Of course I would change the numbers in Club 1871, but that will take time, and whether you like it not will coincide with a (hopefully) upturn in form

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 02 Nov 2018 11:51

Brizzle have, unsurprisingly, sold out their allocation for tomorrow.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 11:52

Jerry St Clair Brizzle have, unsurprisingly, sold out their allocation for tomorrow.

They'd have sold 4000 tickets if it wasn't for Club Ego.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 02 Nov 2018 12:37

This genuinely still exists after last game?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 12:40

Theroyalbox This genuinely still exists after last game?

They are clinging on for dear life instead of doing the honourable thing.

It shouldn't really be a surprise that they won't go, Ian Royal is one of the ringleaders so that kinda says it all.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 02 Nov 2018 12:41

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox This genuinely still exists after last game?

They are clinging on for dear life instead of doing the honourable thing.

It shouldn't really be a surprise that they won't go, Ian Royal is one of the ringleaders so that kinda says it all.

That'll be why it is unsuccessful then.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Nov 2018 13:05

Bristol City supporting colleague and friends prepared to sit in the home end tomorrow.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Nov 2018 13:25

RG30 Bristol City supporting colleague and friends prepared to sit in the home end tomorrow.

Would imagine a fair few Bristol City fans will do this which could lead to serious crowd trouble.

More blood on Club 1871's hands.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Nov 2018 13:33

Old Man Andrews
RG30 Bristol City supporting colleague and friends prepared to sit in the home end tomorrow.

Would imagine a fair few Bristol City fans will do this which could lead to serious crowd trouble.

More blood?
Did I miss something or did the Millwall bloodbath that was predicted by a couple on here actually happen?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Nov 2018 13:36

Old Man Andrews
Jerry St Clair Brizzle have, unsurprisingly, sold out their allocation for tomorrow.

They'd have sold 4000 tickets if it wasn't for Club Ego.

There are some serious financial implications to this now. Bristol Shitty are not even the biggest team. What about West Brom? Leeds? Stoke? Boro?

What if we go on a cup run and get to the 1/4..... play Man City. Will Club 1871 still refuse to move?

I hope somebody from the club has got into serious trouble for this farcical decision. We need to restore accountability. Although, who REALLY runs things at RFC with the seating arrangements......

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Nov 2018 13:39

Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews

More blood?
Did I miss something or did the Millwall bloodbath that was predicted by a couple on here actually happen?

We all know the only fans thicker then Millwall are Bristol City fans, on account of their inbreeding. Millwall was dangerous enough hence the increased police presence. If away fans are sitting in amongst the elderly or children who start celebrating us scoring, that could lead to chaos.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Nov 2018 13:48

Kulshaw72RFC
Coppells Lost Coat
Old Man Andrews

More blood?

We all know the only fans thicker then Millwall are Bristol City fans, on account of their inbreeding. Millwall was dangerous enough hence the increased police presence. If away fans are sitting in amongst the elderly or children who start celebrating us scoring, that could lead to chaos.

What stopped away fans from doing this normally before 1871? Ok so it is only thick fans gunna cause trouble for this game? Then when Briz dont cause trouble, the real inbreds from Ipswich come down to cause trouble and the streets of reading will run red? Yeah?
You're boring mate.

2100 posts