Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by muirinho » 21 Oct 2018 14:33

Old Man Andrews
muirinho
madstadblues All good points gents but you're confusing me with someone who gives 2 scooby's as to what you think.

I'm out of this thread, I have my season ticket in the South Stand for this season and don't plan on changing and will take great pleasure whatever the result in the fact that it annoys you : ) I may even choose not to sing, sit down and drink coffee.

I'm almost tempted to join you, just to piss off the idiots.

I think you are too much of a wet blanket for them. That's really saying something....

:mrgreen:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 14:54

Zip
Jagermesiter1871
Old Man Andrews Club 1871 were extremely poor today, intimidated by Millwall from start to finish. There wasn't a single noise from them and they know it full well. Their vanity project has hit a new low.

Completely disagree. Thought they were outstanding today and were part of a ferocious atmosphere. Helped motivate the players and get them across the line and take the 3 points with real grit. #fortressMadejski.

It's clear that you are biased against the project and even performances like today won't sway you. Blind ignorance.

Really? It must be blind ignorance on my part too because I can’t recall a single chart from the 1871 fans. I finally heard the East Stand burst into life with the Yakou Meite chants but thought our South Stand support was very quiet.

I'd be interested to know your comparative seating areas given such vastly different opinions.

Obviously anything OMA or DD say on the subject isn't worth piss, but you're both reasonably reliable.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 15:14

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Jagermesiter1871
Completely disagree. Thought they were outstanding today and were part of a ferocious atmosphere. Helped motivate the players and get them across the line and take the 3 points with real grit. #fortressMadejski.

It's clear that you are biased against the project and even performances like today won't sway you. Blind ignorance.

Really? It must be blind ignorance on my part too because I can’t recall a single chart from the 1871 fans. I finally heard the East Stand burst into life with the Yakou Meite chants but thought our South Stand support was very quiet.

I'd be interested to know your comparative seating areas given such vastly different opinions.

Obviously anything OMA or DD say on the subject isn't worth piss, but you're both reasonably reliable.

Ah the old if you don't agree with Ian your opinion is worthless line.

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 16:50

Not at all OMA. What a very Keslike thing to say.

If your opinion is obviously a biased windup / stupid beyond belief it's worthless. I mean, case in point the faux concern for people's welfare and the demands that fans who have nothing to do with you should be removed from their bought and paid for seats for some obviously ludicrous and invented fear of Millwall fans returning to the 80s and and attcking them for no reason en mass.

In fact the post you quoted proves the exact opposite of your criticism of me seeing as I'm actively engaging with Zip for his viewpoint even though it's critical of C1871.

Of course, I've written this post like there is any point in engaging with you on this subject for a rational conversation, which there isn't because you're continually on this thread for some sort of ego trip wind up to score points. So please don't think you've hooked me, because you're certainly not reeling me in to land me.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2018 16:51

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Jagermesiter1871

High up in the ED Stand. I genuinely can’t recall any chants from the South Stand from 1871.I heard the East Stand on a number of occasions.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 16:54

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

High up in the ED Stand. I genuinely can’t recall any chants from the South Stand from 1871.I heard the East Stand on a number of occasions.

Cheers Zip, were you in the same place vs Hull and what did you think of the noise and numbers in comparison if so?

I couldn't make Millwall so I have to rely on others for this one, but knowing your view on Hull gives me a baseline as I could make that one.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 16:59

Snowflake Royal Not at all OMA. What a very Keslike thing to say.

If your opinion is obviously a biased windup / stupid beyond belief it's worthless. I mean, case in point the faux concern for people's welfare and the demands that fans who have nothing to do with you should be removed from their bought and paid for seats for some obviously ludicrous and invented fear of Millwall fans returning to the 80s and and attcking them for no reason en mass.

In fact the post you quoted proves the exact opposite of your criticism of me seeing as I'm actively engaging with Zip for his viewpoint even though it's critical of C1871.

Of course, I've written this post like there is any point in engaging with you on this subject for a rational conversation, which there isn't because you're continually on this thread for some sort of ego trip wind up to score points. So please don't think you've hooked me, because you're certainly not reeling me in to land me.

Nobody has a f*cking net that big.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 17:01

Club 1871 are been taken to task on social media today. Everyone has had enough of them, they are drowning in the flood.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2018 17:19

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal I'd be interested to know your comparative seating areas given such vastly different opinions.

Cheers Zip, were you in the same place vs Hull and what did you think of the noise and numbers in comparison if so?

I couldn't make Millwall so I have to rely on others for this one, but knowing your view on Hull gives me a baseline as I could make that one.

I sit in the same seat as a season ticket holder. Hull was definitely more noisy. My view on all of this was then when it first started at the back end of last season it was a good idea and I could really hear the chanting. It’s gone downhill this season and hasn’t grown.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 17:29

Old Man Andrews Club 1871 are been taken to task on social media today. Everyone has had enough of them, they are drowning in the flood.

Can we see some evidence please? It is no use making baseless accusations like this with no evidence.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 17:30

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I sit in the same seat as a season ticket holder. Hull was definitely more noisy. My view on all of this was then when it first started at the back end of last season it was a good idea and I could really hear the chanting. It’s gone downhill this season and hasn’t grown.

Excellent assessment and 100% accurate.

The organisers got very lazy very quickly and arse kissers like Ian just can't bring themselves to criticise the project, he genuinely believes it's working which is scary.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 21 Oct 2018 17:32, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 17:30

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews Club 1871 are been taken to task on social media today. Everyone has had enough of them, they are drowning in the flood.

Can we see some evidence please? It is no use making baseless accusations like this with no evidence.

Have a read of their Twitter account. They have been getting called out all day mate.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 17:58

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Unsurprising given a lot of the toss served up so far at home. Interesting, thanks. I'm still hopeful that a pick up in form will see it grow and work, but how crap we are these days may mean it's a good idea at the wrong time.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 18:36

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC

Have a read of their Twitter account. They have been getting called out all day mate.

Can you send me some links please? I have only seen 2 negative comments that's it.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Oct 2018 18:38

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Cheers Zip, were you in the same place vs Hull and what did you think of the noise and numbers in comparison if so?

Unsurprising given a lot of the toss served up so far at home. Interesting, thanks. I'm still hopeful that a pick up in form will see it grow and work, but how crap we are these days may mean it's a good idea at the wrong time.

Couldn't hear them much yesterday, but also thought that Y25/26 were relatively quiet. There was a lot of anxiety around the ground, and of course Millwall were pretty loud. Their chant of "We forgot that you were here" after the cheer for the first goal was entirely justified!

I am fully in favour of having an area of the ground where you are allowed to stand without it affecting others, and where if you're bringing a group of friends to the game, and you want to stick together, you can do that very easily. As a committed supporter of safe-standing, I'd hope that if/when safe standing is introduced, that's what it would be like in the standing area.

However, if they want to have a "wall of sound", it needs more militant organising. Bolshy shop stewards, in fact, who herd people down from the back towards the middle, and make them stand together. And song organisers, who conduct from the front. That's how it works in European games.

None of my beeswax, because I'm not involved, but I'd suggest maybe the original organisers should have a think about how they want it to work. Is it a vehicle for organised chants - or is it a place to have a friendly meet up with your mates from out of town, and stand up without affecting somebody behind you? Organised chants need full-on organisation, and a committed core of, probably at least 100, who turn up to every game and guarantee they will sing for the full 90, no matter how miserable the fare on the pitch is. You'd almost need them *not* to be Reading fans, as otherwise they'd be distracted by the on-pitch shambles! They need to care more about the noise than the game.

For those who say it should be an area within Y26 - you're having a laugh. Given how much general whinging and hand-wringing there has been already - can you imagine the meltdown there would be if people were actually being asked to move from their long-term seats to make way for this group?

Maybe Ian is right about it being "right idea, wrong time" - but if it's ever going to work, it's going to have to work for the bad times as well as the good.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2018 18:54

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC

Can you send me some links please? I have only seen 2 negative comments that's it.

That's seems like a lot of effort. Just look at their replies. They have been having back and forths all day with people questioning the project. Trust me.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 19:40

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews

That's seems like a lot of effort. Just look at their replies. They have been having back and forths all day with people questioning the project. Trust me.

I have and I literelly cannot see anything. Must be looking at the wrong thing. It would be very helpful if you could post some evidence tbh.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 22:38

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Couldn't hear them much yesterday, but also thought that Y25/26 were relatively quiet. There was a lot of anxiety around the ground, and of course Millwall were pretty loud. Their chant of "We forgot that you were here" after the cheer for the first goal was entirely justified!

I am fully in favour of having an area of the ground where you are allowed to stand without it affecting others, and where if you're bringing a group of friends to the game, and you want to stick together, you can do that very easily. As a committed supporter of safe-standing, I'd hope that if/when safe standing is introduced, that's what it would be like in the standing area.

However, if they want to have a "wall of sound", it needs more militant organising. Bolshy shop stewards, in fact, who herd people down from the back towards the middle, and make them stand together. And song organisers, who conduct from the front. That's how it works in European games.

None of my beeswax, because I'm not involved, but I'd suggest maybe the original organisers should have a think about how they want it to work. Is it a vehicle for organised chants - or is it a place to have a friendly meet up with your mates from out of town, and stand up without affecting somebody behind you? Organised chants need full-on organisation, and a committed core of, probably at least 100, who turn up to every game and guarantee they will sing for the full 90, no matter how miserable the fare on the pitch is. You'd almost need them *not* to be Reading fans, as otherwise they'd be distracted by the on-pitch shambles! They need to care more about the noise than the game.

For those who say it should be an area within Y26 - you're having a laugh. Given how much general whinging and hand-wringing there has been already - can you imagine the meltdown there would be if people were actually being asked to move from their long-term seats to make way for this group?

Maybe Ian is right about it being "right idea, wrong time" - but if it's ever going to work, it's going to have to work for the bad times as well as the good.

Ipswich last season and losing the first four home games of this season totally took the wind out of what seemed to be starting to build some good momentum. Hull was good, but there weren't enough people to reach critical mass. Then obviously there was the shambles against QPR. If we could go unbeaten at home for another 2/3/4 games getting more wins than losses, I think it might pick up again a bit.

I've seen us get relegated from the Premier League twice and Div 1 once and I've never seen the entire crowd so devoid of life and enthusiasm as we've had it the last six months or so.

For me, the benefits of far fewer moaners, unreserved seating and being able to stand without any concern (although I've stood everywhere I've 'sat' in the East for virtually every game I've been to of the last three or four years) make it worth sticking with even if the atmosphere isn't really working.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 21 Oct 2018 22:46

Snowflake Royal although I've stood everywhere I've 'sat' in the East for virtually every game I've been to of the last three or four years

You want to make sure Clive does not read this forum. I have been kicked out for standing numerous times when we were winning by strong arm tactics him and his team have employed. Standing shows No regard for health & safety and other paying fans who may not want to or be able to stand I see, not to mention a breach of the Terms & Conditions of watching the game. Maybe you are better off in the South so others aren't compromised and can enjoy the game uninterrupted and in a safe environment.

Also, OMA...... I would still like to see evidence of what you claimed? I just cannot find any.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Oct 2018 22:50

Kulshaw72RFC
Snowflake Royal although I've stood everywhere I've 'sat' in the East for virtually every game I've been to of the last three or four years

No regard for health & safety and other paying fans who may not want to or be able to stand I see. Maybe you are better off in the South so others arent compromised and can enjoy the game uninterrupted and in a safe environment.

Also, OMA...... I would still like to see evidence of what you claimed? I just cannot find any.

Stop being tiresome DD.

I have plenty of regard for other paying fans and never block anyone else's view thank you. Bore off.

2100 posts