Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 13:46

Snowflake Royal Ground FiLOLLOLed up. If the attendance is much more than 18k Ill be shocked.

Once again you have spectacuarly missed the point Ian. The people who are going in the South are there because Y24/25/26 are full, probably with Leeds supporters. They therefore have no option to sit in the south, they are rowdy, they want interaction with the away supporters. They aren't getting that in the North or West are they? South is the only option which is why there are 500 tickets sold.

Like I said if it is 500 or close to it against Preston I will concede.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2019 14:07

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Ground FiLOLLOLed up. If the attendance is much more than 18k Ill be shocked.

Once again you have spectacuarly missed the point Ian. The people who are going in the South are there because Y24/25/26 are full, probably with Leeds supporters. They therefore have no option to sit in the south, they are rowdy, they want interaction with the away supporters. They aren't getting that in the North or West are they? South is the only option which is why there are 500 tickets sold.

:roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 14:10

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

:roll:

Thats what people do when they can't argue a point Ian, thought you were above that. Guess not.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2019 14:54

muirinho
Old Man Andrews
muirinho
There's so far nearly 500 going into be in there tonight, without free beer. So, if it was a final throw of the dice, looks like it worked.

https://twitter.com/Club1871/status/1105443002791743489

Not true. The rest of the ground filled up very quickly for this one so people had no choice but to sit in the south. Lets see how it is against Preston without a free beer offer. If it is anywhere near 500 I will concede.

That's not true, Plenty seats available in Upper West and North, so it's not because people have nowhere else to go. If it's being seen as a good alternative to East, when East is full, then it's definitely not the failure you would like it to be.

Bring a mate tonight is probably more significant. One of the things I think is good about the unreserved seating in South Stand is it makes it easy to organise a group of friends to sit together for one -off games, when only some of them have Season tickets.

What we have with South Stand is the closest equivalent to old-style terracing that you can get in a stadium like the Madejski.
It's not for me, as a lot of matches I attend on my own, so like the "comfort" of knowing who is going to be around me.
But I genuinely cannot see why people hate it so much. Especially since a lot of those people, in other respects, would spend a lot of time moaning about how football isn't like it used to be.

Separated themselves from the rest of the ground? Given free things? Allowed to stand during the game?

Just a few things that could rub some up the wrong way, especially those who are as easily riled as OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 14:58

sandman
muirinho
Old Man Andrews Not true. The rest of the ground filled up very quickly for this one so people had no choice but to sit in the south. Lets see how it is against Preston without a free beer offer. If it is anywhere near 500 I will concede.

That's not true, Plenty seats available in Upper West and North, so it's not because people have nowhere else to go. If it's being seen as a good alternative to East, when East is full, then it's definitely not the failure you would like it to be.

Bring a mate tonight is probably more significant. One of the things I think is good about the unreserved seating in South Stand is it makes it easy to organise a group of friends to sit together for one -off games, when only some of them have Season tickets.

What we have with South Stand is the closest equivalent to old-style terracing that you can get in a stadium like the Madejski.
It's not for me, as a lot of matches I attend on my own, so like the "comfort" of knowing who is going to be around me.
But I genuinely cannot see why people hate it so much. Especially since a lot of those people, in other respects, would spend a lot of time moaning about how football isn't like it used to be.

Separated themselves from the rest of the ground? Given free things? Allowed to stand during the game?

Just a few things that could rub some up the wrong way, especially those who are as easily riled as OMA.

That in a nutshell.

The organiser doesn't help himself either. Totally arrogant.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 12 Mar 2019 15:38

sandman
muirinho
Old Man Andrews Not true. The rest of the ground filled up very quickly for this one so people had no choice but to sit in the south. Lets see how it is against Preston without a free beer offer. If it is anywhere near 500 I will concede.

Yes but - if you're going to allow people to stand during the game, you've got to separate them from the rest of the ground. Otherwise the OMAs sitting down behind them would be moaning about not being able to see. So it's only justifiable if you think nobody should be able to stand ever. I strongly suspect that the club are as supportive as they have been, not just because of trying to improve the atmosphere, but because they are effectively trialling safe standing, which they've been supportive of for quite a while.

Freebies, so what? Why does it cost more to sit in East than in North? If you want the cheaper ticket, you move. If you want the freebie, move.

Other than "moany gits being moany gits", still haven't seen anything to justify some of the vitriol.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Mar 2019 16:56

Yeah but Leeds have 600,000 fans coming.

One87One

by One87One » 13 Mar 2019 00:04

Old Man Andrews

Well it’s altesdy at 300 for Preston. Looking forward to you piping down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 08:10

One87One
Old Man Andrews

It isn't, you're nothing more than a fantasist. You have no clue what you're talking about and your Twitter account proves that. Clueless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2019 08:37

Old Man Andrews
One87One
Old Man Andrews

It isn't, you're nothing more than a fantasist. You have no clue what you're talking about and your Twitter account proves that. Clueless.

Plenty of empty seats in Y24-26 last night.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 13 Mar 2019 09:46

I didn't sit in Club1871 last night, but RTing people saying you out sung Leeds is poor form lads. You didn't i'm afraid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Mar 2019 10:23

muirinho
Duffy Surely it would make sense to move Club1871 to say the East Stand, near the away fans? Granted, this could only be done at the end of season. Leeds would have filled than end last night and the club would have got around an extra £40k - £50k in revenue just off ticket sales alone.....

Reckon a lot of those extra Leeds fans were scattered around the ground, and in hospitality. So we still got some of their money,

There aren't that many games where the away support makes it worth while having both sides of the stand open.
Mostly (pre Club1871) that was just half a stand wasted.

Leeds, Villa, Darby, Forest, Swansea maybe? Who else?

Maybe put the away supporters in half of East (that would be about 3.6K seats, as opposed to 4.3K for all South Stand), and make the entire South stand home. With one section of it Club1871. So that the away supporters are not behind one of the goals and the louder singing sections are together. I think the players are generally supportive of Club1871 because they don't like the vibe of a full away allocation behind the goal.

I don't think that is a viable option.

It would displace a lot of STH who have had their seats for a number of years.

I for one wouldn't want to give my seat up for the away fans to be moved.

Additionally, where you have the away fans at the moment, the majority of them can be ushered onto their coaches/down the hill without too much issue.

If anything, I would just swap C1871 and the away fans around so they are in the SE corner rather than SW.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2019 10:35

Hendo
muirinho
Duffy Surely it would make sense to move Club1871 to say the East Stand, near the away fans? Granted, this could only be done at the end of season. Leeds would have filled than end last night and the club would have got around an extra £40k - £50k in revenue just off ticket sales alone.....

Reckon a lot of those extra Leeds fans were scattered around the ground, and in hospitality. So we still got some of their money,

There aren't that many games where the away support makes it worth while having both sides of the stand open.
Mostly (pre Club1871) that was just half a stand wasted.

Leeds, Villa, Darby, Forest, Swansea maybe? Who else?

Maybe put the away supporters in half of East (that would be about 3.6K seats, as opposed to 4.3K for all South Stand), and make the entire South stand home. With one section of it Club1871. So that the away supporters are not behind one of the goals and the louder singing sections are together. I think the players are generally supportive of Club1871 because they don't like the vibe of a full away allocation behind the goal.

I don't think that is a viable option.

It would displace a lot of STH who have had their seats for a number of years.

I for one wouldn't want to give my seat up for the away fans to be moved.

Additionally, where you have the away fans at the moment, the majority of them can be ushered onto their coaches/down the hill without too much issue.

If anything, I would just swap C1871 and the away fans around so they are in the SE corner rather than SW.

Yeah, it was more - if you're going to move East Stand fans anyway (to make room for Club1871), as Duffy suggested, why not go the whole hog and move them into the south stand?

Agree on swapping sides, but I think the "East" side of the South stand has bigger capacity than the "West" side which would restrict revenue further. (I'm sure I've read that somewhere, when it was all first being discussed, but I could well have imagined it)

FWIW, I sit in Y24, and I like it there, I wouldn't want to move.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 10:43

1871 looked good form the ED last night. Nicely packed and did hear them sing

Certainly didn't out sing the Leeds fans though. Though not totally surprising at 0-3

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2019 12:25

Old Man Andrews
One87One
Old Man Andrews

Don't you have enough fun with your Reading FC Truth account?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:26

genome
Old Man Andrews
One87One

Wow big accusation to make. Please show proof or I will report you.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2019 12:34

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews

No proof. Just a gut feeling. Your prose/syntax is very similar and you seem to share similar views.

There are no personal details associated with that account so not sure what you'd be reporting me for, but go ahead :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:37

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

No proof. Just a gut feeling. Your prose/syntax is very similar and you seem to share similar views.

There are no personal details associated with that account so not sure what you'd be reporting me for, but go ahead :lol:

No that is an account that has said personally offensive things about people with mental health issues and previously accused people of being pedo's etc. As horrible as I am at times I try to keep it about the issues and don't resort to bullying. I can take it as well as I give it but I won't be associated to that account.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2019 12:38

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews Wow big accusation to make. Please show proof or I will report you.

No that is an account that has said personally offensive things about people with mental health issues and previously accused people of being pedo's etc. As horrible as I am at times I try to keep it about the issues and don't resort to bullying. I can take it as well as I give it but I won't be associated to that account.

Hmm.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2019 12:39

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews Wow big accusation to make. Please show proof or I will report you.

I'll take your word for it.

2100 posts