Card/cash only

The Reverend

Card/cash only

by The Reverend » 04 Aug 2018 00:10

The football was better so here's my moan...

Card only tills. FFS! Debit cards aren't exactly new. Contactless is the way forward. Haven't you heard? Everyone's doing it.

Buy some more card machines and train the staff.

and while I'm at it. Rollover hotdogs. Bleurgh.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Card/cash only

by bobby1413 » 04 Aug 2018 10:55

The Reverend The football was better so here's my moan...

Card only tills. FFS! Debit cards aren't exactly new. Contactless is the way forward. Haven't you heard? Everyone's doing it.

I think they should ban all cash at tills, it's 2018 fgs, get with the times.

Also why don't they sell beer from every area - rather than having one or two for soft drinks, coffee and crisps, and one for beer.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Aug 2018 11:17

bobby1413
The Reverend The football was better so here's my moan...

I think they should ban all cash at tills, it's 2018 fgs, get with the times.

Also why don't they sell beer from every area - rather than having one or two for soft drinks, coffee and crisps, and one for beer.

I've emailed before about shambolic refreshments at half-time, more people should do it, so that there's a weight of public opinion etc.

My suggestions
1) Contactless everywhere
2) Bring back roving beer servers
3) Water fountains
4) Vending machines for soft drinks / chocolate / crisps

Apparently no betting stand either last night?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Aug 2018 13:19

I know its really annoying. I had to actually pay with cash, and she actually gave me change, like real metal coins. I told her to keep it and she said she wasn't allowed. So I had to spend the rest of the game with these circular metal things rattling around in my pocket. What the oxf*rd is this, the stone ages?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 10 Aug 2018 08:02

bobby1413 I think they should ban all cash at tills.

Phuck that, the creeping removal of cash from a society is a bad thing. I'd rather have a method of payment available that can't be hacked/measured/fail monumentally across a whole country thanks.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Aug 2018 08:36

St Pauli

Phuck that, the creeping removal of cash from a society is a bad thing. I'd rather have a method of payment available that can't be hacked/measured/fail monumentally across a whole country thanks.

How often have you been hacked or has the banking system failed you?

You sound like a nut job

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 10 Aug 2018 09:04

bobby1413
St Pauli

You sound like a nut job

The risk of a major payments system issue may be small but the consequences are huge.
Why concentrate the risk?

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 10 Aug 2018 09:31

bobby1413
St Pauli

You sound like a nut job

Not personally, bobby, but across an entire area. You know like has happened with lots of online data breaches, many times. And lots of electronic banking systems that have crashed, many times. And dodgy Russian involvement in other apparently secure systems. So yeah, the slightly longer wait to pay for your pint might not be such a bad thing. I suggest you drink before the game in a pub where the wait is shorter. Maybe take it in turns with your football mates to go down early in the first half to get a round in. Buy a hip flask.

Stockport Royal

by Stockport Royal » 10 Aug 2018 10:19

St Pauli
bobby1413
St Pauli

You sound like a nut job

Not personally, bobby, but across an entire area. You know like has happened with lots of online data breaches, many times. And lots of electronic banking systems that have crashed, many times. And dodgy Russian involvement in other apparently secure systems. So yeah, the slightly longer wait to pay for your pint might not be such a bad thing. I suggest you drink before the game in a pub where the wait is shorter. Maybe take it in turns with your football mates to go down early in the first half to get a round in. Buy a hip flask.

I would rather play Russian roulette with my finances and get my pint quicker thanks.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Aug 2018 10:23

Right well the point remains that you can pay by cash if you like but to not have the option to pay by card at all is just backwards.

Also on the subject of slow service, why does the Heineken bar outside take so fcuking long, all the fcuking time? At least 90% of the stuff they sell is one fcuking item, why don't they pre pour? Why did I queue 10 + minutes to get a beer only once I got to the front to have 4 members of staff debating something on the til as there was a pint just poured and they couldn't figure out who it was for. Honestly they're such tools.

Holding Out Hope

by Holding Out Hope » 10 Aug 2018 12:03

cash >>>>>>> card/contactless all sorts of other ways.

Having the option for both is fine.

JR

by JR » 10 Aug 2018 12:22

CountryRoyal Right well the point remains that you can pay by cash if you like but to not have the option to pay by card at all is just backwards.

Also on the subject of slow service, why does the Heineken bar outside take so fcuking long, all the fcuking time? At least 90% of the stuff they sell is one fcuking item, why don't they pre pour? Why did I queue 10 + minutes to get a beer only once I got to the front to have 4 members of staff debating something on the til as there was a pint just poured and they couldn't figure out who it was for. Honestly they're such tools.

Every game I am dumbfounded at the incompetence.

It’s like there is no manager directing operations and nobody has told the temporary staff to expect a rush at 3.40-3.55.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Aug 2018 10:05

I found a fiver in the street the other day so I'm all for luddites still carrying (and dropping) cash while mine is safely locked up in my phone/card

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 14 Aug 2018 10:32

JR
CountryRoyal Right well the point remains that you can pay by cash if you like but to not have the option to pay by card at all is just backwards.

Every game I am dumbfounded at the incompetence.

It’s like there is no manager directing operations and nobody has told the temporary staff to expect a rush at 3.40-3.55.

Pretty sure the problem is the same at every ground. The incompetence of the staff would be laughable if I hadn't wasted so much time queuing for beer for many years every other weekend.
Once i asked for 4 pints of lager and got 4 pints of foam. After pointing out the problem and a manager looking at it I got my 4 pints. Person behind me then quickly got served his pints of foam and the cycle continued.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 16 Aug 2018 15:04

always the same at start of season as they usualy have a whole new set of staff and managers all learning wtf is going on.
should settle down a bit by xmas :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Aug 2018 15:24

Maneki Neko always the same at start of season as they usualy have a whole new set of staff and managers all learning wtf is going on.
should settle down a bit by xmas :lol:

Ordered a Bovril before the Derby game and the kid looked at me for about 10 seconds, turned out he didn't know what Bovril was. They do their best bless them, just trying to earn a bit of pocket money.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 16 Aug 2018 15:44

Just for clarity, I'm not calling for a cashless stadium.

Just put a payment machine next to ALL the tills ffs.

On a related note, why is there still a forty yard queue for the cash machine next to the megastore when you don't need cash in the stadium?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 16 Aug 2018 15:47

Can we get a better beer selection.

Thanks

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Aug 2018 15:02

this is defo not the right forum/thread for asking the club for different beer

Lydia Dustbin