A33 chaos likely

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

A33 chaos likely

by Platypuss » 01 Jul 2006 07:00

Not a club policy as such, but affects the MadStad:

RBC have decided to replace the roundabout at Rose Kiln Lane and the A33 with traffic lights. Of course they have decided to wait until July before starting so likely affecting our home games right up to Christmas.

Having to remodel this juncton after such a relatively short period just goes to illustrate even further (it it were required) the incredible ineptitude of the whole A33/Madstad road layout design team.

Complete fcuking amateurs - anyone could have done better.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Jul 2006 07:36

Heard traffic supremo John Howarth talking bout this the other day, he said it will allow the council to monitor the lights so that traffic can flow better, yeah like in the rest of Reading.

Cant see the need for lights myself, you wait at the rounndabout, then a mile up you wait at the motorway junction, get that done and the whole thing would run better.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Jul 2006 10:16

It does seem to be a waste of time. I never really understand the aversion to putting filters on junctions when they get reworked, e.g A33 south to RKL, RKL to A33 S.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 01 Jul 2006 12:02

[quote="The 17 Bus"]Heard traffic supremo John Howarth talking bout this the other day, he said it will allow the council to monitor the lights so that traffic can flow better, yeah like in the rest of Reading.
quote]

Like the way they mess about with the lights ontop of J11. You can always tell when they've fiddled with them, because fiddled = chaos

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Jul 2006 12:48

John Howarth is a moron. Fact. Trust nothing he suggests for our roads.

If you've looked at the plan for the Butter Market, you'll know what I mean.

Furthermore, he's not the most respected person in the Council Chamber either.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 01 Jul 2006 13:15

Row Z Royal John Howarth is a moron. Fact. Trust nothing he suggests for our roads.

If you've looked at the plan for the Butter Market, you'll know what I mean.

Furthermore, he's not the most respected person in the Council Chamber either.

What's the plan for the butter market?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Jul 2006 14:37

they are paving it over near where tha club shop was I believe, and rather than ban all traffic they are sending it down the section that is currently buses only

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Jul 2006 19:53

That Rose Kiln Lane roundabout was a shambles from the start.

Remember the 3 lanes on the approach as you headed into town, then the road narrowing round the roundabout to two lanes. Utterly ludicrous, and they've only just scrapped the 3rd lane after 6 years.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Jul 2006 20:49

As indeed was posted on here a long time ago, regarding how dangerous it was, still WDC do similar at Shinfield, just one life lost so far tho.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Jul 2006 00:59

The 17 Bus As indeed was posted on here a long time ago, regarding how dangerous it was, still WDC do similar at Shinfield, just one life lost so far tho.

That roundabout is fine - plenty of morons who can't stay within their lanes though.

66DD

by 66DD » 02 Jul 2006 06:25

Platypuss
The 17 Bus As indeed was posted on here a long time ago, regarding how dangerous it was, still WDC do similar at Shinfield, just one life lost so far tho.

That roundabout is fine - plenty of morons who can't stay within their lanes though.

Too right. I've lost count the number of times that I've had to brake when turning right towards Safeways to avoid idiots from the middle and left hand lane straight lining the roundabout.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 02 Jul 2006 06:36

Platypuss

Not many seem to share that view, the lanes do not naturally follow on some of the sections, coming from Shinfield then turn righ to Lower Earley is the most glaringly one that is wrong.

B16

by B16 » 02 Jul 2006 08:32

Row Z Royal John Howarth is a moron. Fact.

His son's an idiot too

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Jul 2006 11:44

The 17 Bus
Platypuss

Not many seem to share that view, the lanes do not naturally follow on some of the sections, coming from Shinfield then turn righ to Lower Earley is the most glaringly one that is wrong.

The Roundabout of Doom is by far and away the worst roundabout ever designed.

It probably looked really good on the design board, but like some many others, the designers have failed to take into account how practical it would be. If everyone sticks to their lane it's fine, but it only takes one person in a bit a hurry to cause the system to break down.

I prefered the old double roundabout there and that was bad!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jul 2006 18:01

The 17 Bus Heard traffic supremo John Howarth talking bout this the other day, he said it will allow the council to monitor the lights so that traffic can flow better.
wait till he erects the Ken Livingstone gantries

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 02 Jul 2006 23:47

Row Z Royal
The 17 Bus
Platypuss

The Roundabout of Doom is by far and away the worst roundabout ever designed.

It probably looked really good on the design board, but like some many others, the designers have failed to take into account how practical it would be. If everyone sticks to their lane it's fine, but it only takes one person in a bit a hurry to cause the system to break down.

I prefered the old double roundabout there and that was bad!!!

The reason the roundabout is so bad (and the new traffic lights further down the road) is because WDC went for the cheapest option when contracting the work. And thats a FACT

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 03 Jul 2006 01:35

Botd Butler does not work for WDC surely ?

Or does he ?

:?

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 03 Jul 2006 08:42

I am thinking of travelling to games by helicoptor, where's the nearest landing spot that beats the traffic?

fridays child

by fridays child » 03 Jul 2006 08:55

Yahoops I am thinking of travelling to games by helicoptor, where's the nearest landing spot that beats the traffic?

Aim for the big green bit at the Mad Stad

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Jul 2006 13:43

Yahoops I am thinking of travelling to games by helicoptor, where's the nearest landing spot that beats the traffic?

Just use Mr Mad's helipad on the hotel roof.