Retro Shirt

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Irvinchangeyaname

Retro Shirt

by Irvinchangeyaname » 22 Nov 2006 13:36

Anybody bought the retro shirt that's advertised on the Club Shop section of the OS?

Always thought about getting one from Toffs but never got round to it. Are they the same shirt and, more importantly, what's the quality like?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 22 Nov 2006 13:40

Quality is reasonable.

the Hoops are printed onto a White shirt, and they fade over time (I've had one for 18months)

The quality of the badge is good, its well embroidered, and I've had no problems with the number on the back.

Sleeves are a bit short though, thats the only problem.

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 22 Nov 2006 17:08

I thought they were the same shirt but with the addition of the badge. I've had one from Toffs for a couple of years now and its still in good shape.

Harold

by Harold » 22 Nov 2006 19:37

Some clubs such as Leeds issued some famous retro shirts in their club shop not so long ago. One of them was a replica of the famous Umbro Top Man one from the late 80's/early 90's. Sold out very quickly.

I wonder if Reading have any plans to issue retro kits like the Patrick Courage shirt or the Matchwinner Hat paintings one?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Nov 2006 19:46

Fingers crossed for the yellow away shirt, with tiny red vertical stripes and the logo radio 210 on the front. :roll:

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 22 Nov 2006 19:53

Harold Some clubs such as Leeds issued some famous retro shirts in their club shop not so long ago. One of them was a replica of the famous Umbro Top Man one from the late 80's/early 90's. Sold out very quickly.

I wonder if Reading have any plans to issue retro kits like the Patrick Courage shirt or the Matchwinner Hat paintings one?

I offered a guy in a pub £300 for the Courage shirt off his back. He thought about it but declined. :x

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 22 Nov 2006 20:53

scutterbucket
Harold Some clubs such as Leeds issued some famous retro shirts in their club shop not so long ago. One of them was a replica of the famous Umbro Top Man one from the late 80's/early 90's. Sold out very quickly.

I offered a guy in a pub £300 for the Courage shirt off his back. He thought about it but declined. :x

What's my Bukta 78 one worth then? That's a nice shirt!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Nov 2006 21:08

ShrewsandRoyals
scutterbucket

I have one of them very rare I had to order it from Stan Eldon sports, the club didn't sell them in those days.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 23 Nov 2006 13:54

Jackson Corner
ShrewsandRoyals
scutterbucket

I have one of them very rare I had to order it from Stan Eldon sports, the club didn't sell them in those days.

Joan Webb and Albert Moss organised mine for me. I had to wait for some more to come to the club and mine was added on the order!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Nov 2006 13:58

Some clubs such as Leeds issued some famous retro shirts in their club shop not so long ago. One of them was a replica of the famous Umbro Top Man one from the late 80's/early 90's. Sold out very quickly.

I was under the impression that the club already did something similar - ie analogous to the Robin friday shirt, a Kerry Dixon one, amongst others. I was wrong, well, proven wrong when I went into the club shop.

I wonder what market they'd have?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Nov 2006 14:10

I have this one.

The Badge is pretty faded by now.

I hope the club won't release these again, its nice having something unique.

Simod Cup Shirt would probably go down well, as would the 13 in a row.

Maybe in 20 years they'll sell last seasons shirt as retro?

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 23 Nov 2006 15:13

Winchester Royal

:? Same shirt isn't it? Thought we had that one for years.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 23 Nov 2006 15:15

Spirit of Elm Park
Winchester Royal

:? Same shirt isn't it? Thought we had that one for years.

Then again :oops: , didn't the 85/6 one have a collar? :lol:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 23 Nov 2006 22:32

The Simod Cup shirt is Yellow, and I was under the impression the 13 in a row would have been the home kit?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Nov 2006 08:12

Simod Cup kit:

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 24 Nov 2006 13:33

Jackson Corner
ShrewsandRoyals
scutterbucket

It was a proper kit. Royal blue, normal collars, no flecks... oh, the good-old days.

Was there really some bygone era where a football crowd, young or old, did not all turn up in a replica shirt?!

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1