New Stadium and Madejski?

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mattmartin89

New Stadium and Madejski?

by mattmartin89 » 24 Nov 2006 17:25

With the new stadium plans looking to go ahead..and Madejski set to leave? It may be a false promise..Madejski is a business man with an aim to make/save money..Surely he won't pay for the expansion and then leave, so i think it may be in doubt..

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 24 Nov 2006 17:33

I don't think Madejski is paying for the new extension, as its budgeted over the next few years so i dont think we have to worry about that. Also he said he would only sell to a billionaire and hes in no hurry to sell up.

I really don't think you need to worry about the stadium expansion not happening

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2006 17:33

just to let you know. John is going nowhere unless someone with the club's best interests in mind and a HUGE wadge of cash makes an offer.

He has never been going anywhere.

HTH.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Nov 2006 17:36

Ian Royal just to let you know. John is going nowhere unless someone with the club's best interests in mind and a HUGE wadge of cash makes an offer.

He has never been going anywhere.

HTH.

How can you be so sure it's not is going nowhere unless someone with a HUGE wadge of cash makes an offer.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 24 Nov 2006 17:42

From Evening Post:

Delivering Premiership football was always the “missionâ€

Rhys The Royal

Re: New Stadium and Madejski?

by Rhys The Royal » 24 Nov 2006 17:59

mattmartin89 With the new stadium plans looking to go ahead..and Madejski set to leave? It may be a false promise..Madejski is a business man with an aim to make/save money..Surely he won't pay for the expansion and then leave, so i think it may be in doubt..

Yes, John Madejski sat back and let the plans for the stadium extension be made and published, knowing full well that it was not going to happen and that he would make a runner just before he has to get anything out of his pockets.....

:roll:

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 24 Nov 2006 18:15

Mr Mad is a business man, adding another 14,000 seats to the stadium surely adds a fair bit of money on to the asking price for the club, so is good business for the club, a premiership club with a 38,000 seater stadium is more attractable to potential 'billionaires' than other clubs up for sale with less foundations.
so makes sense to make the club as valuable as possible before sale, he has got to recoup some of the money spent somehow.

that saying he is a business man and im sure that selling the club wouldn't mean he would walk away and never come back, im sure he would keep a finger in the pie somewhere along the line

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 24 Nov 2006 19:03

What about a Hobnob buy out of the club? I`m sure if we all took our bottles back and Mr Mad lowers the price a bit we could strike a deal.We might get some media attention too.
We could do polls for little things like which nobber runs what and the quality of pies in the newly named Nobber stadium.Bagsy I get the post of testing the vast range of real ales available in the Ken Dodd bar.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 24 Nov 2006 19:29

higher What about a Hobnob buy out of the club? I`m sure if we all took our bottles back and Mr Mad lowers the price a bit we could strike a deal.We might get some media attention too.
We could do polls for little things like which nobber runs what and the quality of pies in the newly named Nobber stadium.Bagsy I get the post of testing the vast range of real ales available in the Ken Dodd bar.

quality i am bagsy being chief sit in directors box looking rich

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Nov 2006 19:49

Despite protestations from his Madj, I really think that he is becoming even more of a fan, having experienced such a great promotion year and now holding our own in the prem with limited investment.

I agree with his assessment greed players, agents and what is value for money, but while he has been at the helm he has grown his personal fortune by 50%. So maybe he may just get used to the sums of money involved if he doesn't have to bankroll it.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 24 Nov 2006 19:58

I personally think John Madejski has no intention of giving up the club.

I reckon the way he is acting in public is just his way of diverting the fan/media pressure of him splashing silly money about.

I would rather have a shrewd business man in John Madejski in charge than a rich plastic twat with no connection in the club having a go in charge.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 24 Nov 2006 20:40

2.8 lita injection I personally think John Madejski has no intention of giving up the club.

I reckon the way he is acting in public is just his way of diverting the fan/media pressure of him splashing silly money about.

I would rather have a shrewd business man in John Madejski in charge than a rich plastic twat with no connection in the club having a go in charge.

I couldn't agree more with any of what you've just written. I've thought that all along.

Perhaps one day he'll finally sell-up but I think it'll be a sad day for both us and him. It won't happen just yet mind.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Stadium and Madejski?

by handbags_harris » 24 Nov 2006 21:05

mattmartin89 With the new stadium plans looking to go ahead..and Madejski set to leave? It may be a false promise..Madejski is a business man with an aim to make/save money..Surely he won't pay for the expansion and then leave, so i think it may be in doubt..

The debt will be to the club, not to Mr Madejski.

HTH

Harold

by Harold » 24 Nov 2006 21:16

I heard that Richard Branson is going to put in a bid for the club.

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 24 Nov 2006 21:22

Harold I heard that Richard Branson is going to put in a bid for the club.

He's far too busy inventing the wheel.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 24 Nov 2006 21:28

Sam Tubber

Seems pretty pointless inventing one wheel if you're not going to invent one to go with it :shock:

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 24 Nov 2006 23:05

handbags_harris
Sam Tubber

Seems pretty pointless inventing one wheel if you're not going to invent one to go with it :shock:

Don't worry, he's inventing cloning at the same time.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 24 Nov 2006 23:47

There's 40 million quid if we stay up, surely that's his main priority.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1