Green park station/south Reading station

805 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Green park station/south Reading station

by Green » 23 Mar 2015 13:29

Royal Ginger The 15 minute bus ride from the station in no way factors in my decision to go to a game. I find it bizarre that anyone would make their decision to go or not based on that.

Getting there is the easy bit TBF, coming back is the issue.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 23 Mar 2015 13:33

Upper West Ginger
bobby1413
Upper West Ginger getting back from Green Park station after the match will be a nightmare.

Get fukced

Is it going to be any worse than now?

It can only be improved so just do one ya dik

Always a pleasure to debate matters with an intellect and wit such as yours.
I don't see that a 15 minute walk followed by a long wait for a train will be any improvement on the existing bus shuttle services.
People returning to Mortimer, Bramley or Basingstoke stations might be slightly better off, if they can get on the first train.

And those changing at Basingers for stations to Winchester, Southampton and the South Coast, or stations to Exeter St Davids via Salisbury (you know who you are)

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 24 Mar 2015 12:11

Look guys these are all just plans. TPFKA Dirk Gently has told us that this won't happen. And you don’t spend 18+ months researching such matters, developing sources and sharing information with others in football doing the same and without finding out all sorts of interesting things. He's unashamedly ITK (and proud of it) so we just have to assume that this isn't going to go ahead.

You'll all look very silly when Dirk (may he RIP for evermore) is proved right once again.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Mar 2015 13:03

lol

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Mar 2015 13:06

Upper West Ginger
bobby1413
Upper West Ginger getting back from Green Park station after the match will be a nightmare.

Get fukced

Is it going to be any worse than now?

It can only be improved so just do one ya dik

Always a pleasure to debate matters with an intellect and wit such as yours.
I don't see that a 15 minute walk followed by a long wait for a train will be any improvement on the existing bus shuttle services.
People returning to Mortimer, Bramley or Basingstoke stations might be slightly better off, if they can get on the first train.

Sorry UWG, I was in a bad mood and drunk when I posted that message. Apologies Sir.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 24 Mar 2015 13:13

Bandini Look guys these are all just plans. TPFKA Dirk Gently has told us that this won't happen. And you don’t spend 18+ months researching such matters, developing sources and sharing information with others in football doing the same and without finding out all sorts of interesting things. He's unashamedly ITK (and proud of it) so we just have to assume that this isn't going to go ahead.

You'll all look very silly when Dirk (may he RIP for evermore) is proved right once again.

I'm prepared to bet it will happen.

Though not with Dirk, he wouldn't pay up.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2015 12:53

I guess the station is there really for Green Park and future developments in that area plus to act as a park and ride facility for those going into town, So that may mean no more Green Park / park and ride buses.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Mar 2015 12:56

bobby1413 Sorry UWG, I was in a bad mood and drunk when I posted that message. Apologies Sir.

:lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Mar 2015 12:58

Madejski P&R is relocating to Mereoak, just the other side of the motorway. Can't believe they'll stop the Green Park buses either, Tony Page just wouldn't allow it seeing as he no doubt has his fingers in those troughs. Competition is good right?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2015 17:40

handbags_harris Madejski P&R is relocating to Mereoak, just the other side of the motorway. Can't believe they'll stop the Green Park buses either, Tony Page just wouldn't allow it seeing as he no doubt has his fingers in those troughs. Competition is good right?
Which frees up the Madejski carpark to be developed into a shopping mall or similar by the new owners, fans can park at the new P&R the at Mereoak and get a bus in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2015 17:59

Green
Bandini Look guys these are all just plans. TPFKA Dirk Gently has told us that this won't happen. And you don’t spend 18+ months researching such matters, developing sources and sharing information with others in football doing the same and without finding out all sorts of interesting things. He's unashamedly ITK (and proud of it) so we just have to assume that this isn't going to go ahead.

ruh-ro, libel case to follow.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Mar 2015 18:01

Green

May I just take a moment to doff my cap to the previous two posters.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 26 Mar 2015 17:50

bobby1413
Sorry UWG, I was in a bad mood and drunk when I posted that message. Apologies Sir.

No probs.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 13 Oct 2015 16:33

The latest turn of events is that the station may get built ... but the trains wont stop there!
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/green-park-station-open-without-10243662

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 13 Oct 2015 18:27

It is though Tony Page saying that and with his long record of getting transport things wrong in Reading I would not bet on it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Oct 2015 09:39

They're just catching it now and pointing out how absolutely ridiculous it would be to spaff money on the station and then not also upgrade the line so that money would actually be worthwhile expenditure.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 14 Oct 2015 15:01

I'm expecting that this will be shelved in favour of the long awaited monorail from Reading station to the Jazz Cafe.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 Oct 2015 16:05

I still want to see ReadingTube implemented

We could have "The Tilehurst Line", "Woodley", "Northern Line", "The Riverside", "Cemetery Junction"

We could also have areas of the town called "The Latin Quarter", or "Boulevard"

Potentially, Ricky Gervais could do all the voice overs such as "Please mind the gap", etc...

Duke the Dog2

by Duke the Dog2 » 14 Oct 2015 16:49

"Under the current timetable.....are not able to achieve the necessary acceleration in the short distance between Green Park and Reading Station"

Of course the timetable can only change if you change the type of train on the line, what a load of b*ll*x. This man has no idea what he's talking about.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 14 Oct 2015 16:54

This man has no idea what he's talking about.[/quote]

Which sums up Tony Page and the Labour Council.

805 posts