Tickets for Chelsea...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Tickets for Chelsea...

by paultheroyal » 07 Aug 2007 22:31

I am amazed that tickets are still available by the bundle for this game in 3 different stands.

However - trying to get two more tickets using the online service is proving to be a mare!! The link system where you match up two member cards appears not to be working. Looks like yet another phone call in the morning.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Aug 2007 22:48

£35 a ticket what do you expect?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 07 Aug 2007 23:13

Empty seats will tell the club the honeymoon period is over.

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 07 Aug 2007 23:15

The same thing happened to Wigan last season never imagined it would happen to us :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Aug 2007 23:24

What we need to do is increase the capacity of the ground so that demand for seats can be met.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tickets for Chelsea...

by bobby1413 » 07 Aug 2007 23:40

paultheroyal I am amazed that tickets are still available by the bundle for this game in 3 different stands.

However - trying to get two more tickets using the online service is proving to be a mare!! The link system where you match up two member cards appears not to be working. Looks like yet another phone call in the morning.

3 different stands? I bought online and had to chose the south stand as all the other 3 were "full". Although I guess that's because of the online-limitations with the current system (that's an understatement).

philM

by philM » 08 Aug 2007 00:54

bobby1413
paultheroyal I am amazed that tickets are still available by the bundle for this game in 3 different stands.

3 different stands? I bought online and had to chose the south stand as all the other 3 were "full". Although I guess that's because of the online-limitations with the current system (that's an understatement).

I'm confused. I thought only the South stand was ever available for one-off (with member card) tickets. Isn't everywhere else either STs or corporate/hospitality/press etc? For the whole of last season it was only the South stand that was available online.

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 08 Aug 2007 01:20

This is nothing to do with the online ticketing system, the confusion here is because the club only initially sell seats in the South stand. There are plenty of other seats around the stadium that are not allocated to season ticket holders, and these are often released if they've no other use for them closer to the date of the game. G3 (Lower West) in particular seems to be where the bulk of them are but I also bought tickets for friends in the Upper West and North online last season.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 08 Aug 2007 02:28

Row Z Royal What we need to do is increase the capacity of the ground so that demand for seats can be met.

Indeed.

I still don't see the 'rush' to expand the north and south stands. The east stand yes, but 30,000 will more than suffice for the next few years.

Note to Reading FC: Ticket prices are are too high. Many genuine fans are being outpriced from the game. You will rarely fill all 30,000 seats, let alone 38,000 in a couple of years time.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Aug 2007 02:47

The club know they have the option of only expanding the East but any slow take up in the holiday season should not be seen as proof that we don't need the full expansion.....................as I'm sure we will provided relegation is avoided.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 08 Aug 2007 08:05

Winchester Royal Empty seats will tell the club the honeymoon period is over.

Correct.

Football is too expensive anyway - fact.

Rising interest rates and low pay rises mean many are now being priced out. I'll be stunned if we see full houses for more than half a dozen games this season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2007 08:25

bobby1413

Large parts of south stand -
Y26 seats
Corner of lower west towards South Stand - take your pick.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 08 Aug 2007 08:39

Season Tickets don't sell out

Allocation for Man Utd away, not sold out

Tickets for Chelsea at home (arguably 2nd biggest home game of the season) not sold out

Anyone else sense a slight dropping off in demand this season? Or are you Woodcote Royal.

The argument for the extention was that at least we could guarantee to sell out Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool. Time for a rethink.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2007 08:43

I sense an early August start to the season.

We have always, always seen smaller gates at this time of the year because a lot of people particularly families are on holiday.

I'm not particulary sure what not selling an away allocation of tickets at £40 plus has to do with home gates either.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Aug 2007 08:45

What was the attendance figure for Middlesborough at home last season?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2007 08:53

Yes it was a sell out but as you may well as you may have noticed that was particularly special day in the history of our club.

This season started a week earlier than many would have expected this year as well, there were certainly many on here who were unaware of the 11th August start back in May when many holidays would have been booked, many thought it was the 18th for the first game.

If we consistantly fail to sell out this year in the home ends and have a noticeable drop in figures then I'll begin to see the non-exapansion arguement (I only want 30K at this time) - to use a failure to sell out at a time of year where our gates have traditionally been lower over the years is a pretty poor counter IMHO.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 08 Aug 2007 08:54

Royal Lady What was the attendance figure for Middlesborough at home last season?

Slightly different in the sense that this was our first ever game in the top flight, so most people would have made sure that they were not on holiday for it. They may not have been quite so worried this season.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 08 Aug 2007 08:56

Stranded I sense an early August start to the season.

We have always, always seen smaller gates at this time of the year because a lot of people particularly families are on holiday.

I'm not particulary sure what not selling an away allocation of tickets at £40 plus has to do with home gates either.

So far, using every single available comparible, demand for tickets both home and away, is significantly lower than last year.

This despite the most succesful season in the club's history.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Aug 2007 09:07

Schards#2
Stranded I sense an early August start to the season.

So far, using every single available comparible, demand for tickets both home and away, is significantly lower than last year.

This despite the most succesful season in the club's history.

Can't disagree but the source data isn't exactly extensive as yet and you need to take other factors in to account that will have stopped people going to games at this early stage.

I sense demand for away games will drop myself, but that has no bearing on home fixtures. As I say, if over the first half of the season or so we are regularly seeing tickets on general sale or not selling for our home games then I can see it adding weight to the argument against expansion - I still think another 6k seats should be added to the stadium as the cost of any work would in the bigger picture be easily recoupable.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Aug 2007 09:17

Royal Lady What was the attendance figure for Middlesborough at home last season?

23, 855, so Chelsea could be higher, your point is?