Always going to be Puma?

No Fixed Abode

Re: Always going to be Puma?

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 10:35

MoorgateRoyal They reserve the unique designs for the likes of Arsenal.

Isn't Reading's kit unique though? I've not seen another kit like it with the faded hooped back.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 10:40

No Fixed Abode
Top Flight
Jagermesiter1871 I'd like a small kit manufacturer again i.e kit@ although their kits were shite.

I remember the Kit@ strip at the time was marketed to us like it was a really high performance, high-tech garment using all the latest shirt making technology. But you're right. Really it was sh*t.

Wasn't Kit@ owned by Puma anyway?

No idea mate. It might have been.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 10:41

No Fixed Abode

Isn't Reading's kit unique though? I've not seen another kit like it with the faded hooped back.

Thanks to our hoops our kit does end up being quite unique. Al Habsi's goalkeepers kit isn't unique though. He wears the same kit as nearly every puma goalkeeper in the football league.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Mar 2017 10:55

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode

Thanks to our hoops our kit does end up being quite unique. Al Habsi's goalkeepers kit isn't unique though. He wears the same kit as nearly every puma goalkeeper in the football league.

Petr Cech has the same template too - so not just football league goalkeepers.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 20 Mar 2017 10:55

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode

How can anything be 'quite unique'?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Mar 2017 19:53

Slightly related but I am selling a big collection of Reading training kit in forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135878 if anyone is an avid fan of Puma

One87One

by One87One » 19 Apr 2017 07:07

To answer the question regarding Kit@, yes they were part of Puma.

Also worth mentioning the same guy has designed our shirts for a few seasons now. A really decent chap too who takes on board fan feedback.

The football club rarely show any interest in making specific requests, i.e. a twist on a former 80's kit for example. We simply ask for a few options to choose from and select one.

Other clubs are and have been giving fans the vote on which kit they prefer. It would be nice if the club gave the supporters a platform to share their opinions!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Apr 2017 12:40

Fan votes can lead to some awful results, especially when rival fans start joining in.....

To be honest I can never understand why fans care which factory their club shirts come from who whether their keeper has a 'unique' shirt. I recall the days when keepers all wore green, refs wore black and kits didn't have logos on (which just mean they cost twice as much).