Away Fans in the wrong end

poohs pure

Away Fans in the wrong end

by poohs pure » 26 Sep 2007 08:46

North Stand, B18, row HH, seats 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 Liverpool fans. Normally season ticket holders as its the same people there every week. how did they get 5 tickets together, what is the clubs policy on this?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Sep 2007 08:47

Free membership and the game on general sale for the past few days?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Sep 2007 08:59

Saw a few liverpool shirts in the concourse in the East stand as well. I suppose it's A LOT more hassle throwing them out, than just letting them watch the game. As long as they are not causing problems, what's wrong with them being there?

philM

by philM » 26 Sep 2007 09:23

bobby1413 Saw a few liverpool shirts in the concourse in the East stand as well. I suppose it's A LOT more hassle throwing them out, than just letting them watch the game. As long as they are not causing problems, what's wrong with them being there?

At least 1 bloke with a Liverpool shirt on got removed from the East stand (Y22/23) soon after the first goal. People jumping around celebrating away goals in the East stand are causing problems because it's likely to result in either verbal or physical abuse.

RoyalMatt

by RoyalMatt » 26 Sep 2007 09:34

As long as they don't use up seats for Reading fans then I have no problem. Made for a rubbish atmosphere though. It felt like there were more neutrals/Liverpool fans there than Royals!

As the game wasn't sold out, or if it was it was only very late on, I don't see it as a problem unless they cause trouble.

One of my mates wore a Man Utd shirt into the Reading end for the cup game last season and got a beating for it. Now that's stupidity- at least don't wear colours!!!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 26 Sep 2007 09:40

to stop away supporters getting in to the home end you need stewards who are willing to do their job correctly..

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 26 Sep 2007 09:48

Anyone see the amount of flashes were going around the west and north stands when Gerrard came on?!!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 26 Sep 2007 10:28

The club make a rod for their own backs when they allow anyone to order a member card and buy a ticket for Reading playing Liverpool at home. Hardly a shocker that lots of local and London based fans bought tickets in the home ends. Still, as long as the club get bums on seats that's OK

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Sep 2007 10:33

philM
bobby1413 Saw a few liverpool shirts in the concourse in the East stand as well. I suppose it's A LOT more hassle throwing them out, than just letting them watch the game. As long as they are not causing problems, what's wrong with them being there?

At least 1 bloke with a Liverpool shirt on got removed from the East stand (Y22/23) soon after the first goal. People jumping around celebrating away goals in the East stand are causing problems because it's likely to result in either verbal or physical abuse.

That's when the fans should obviously be removed. But a fan wearing an away shirt in the home end would not be removed quietly, especially if they are just having a chat/not causing a fuss.

I've said it before, but I honestly wouldn't mind sitting next to an opposition fan if they were not over-the-top, e.g. celebrating their goals, baiting other fans, etc...

But I do agree, that the priority is obviously for home fans. But for a game like last night you just can't control it. I went down to the stadium yesterday about 1pm to collect my friend's member card, and there were a few away fans in the queue signing up for membercards/tickets.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 26 Sep 2007 10:37

I think there was a couple of maybe closet Liverpool fans sat next to me, I wasn't to bothered they didnt celebrate the goals. May just have been thier to watch a game rather than support anyone in particular for all I know.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Sep 2007 10:40

philM

they were the guys that were sat just behind me, didn`t really try to hide the fact they were Liverpool fans, up and shouting from the word go, really wound up a few home fans around me

a royal called morty

by a royal called morty » 26 Sep 2007 10:45

There was also some kid in the north stand, say about 16-17, wearing his liverpool shirt and singing you'll never walk alone at the end, then when some of our own fans took offense to this the kid started to get angry, how thick can you get, wearing the opposition shirt and trying to start on a few fans in the opposition end.

Some people have no common sense

edit: the stewards did f*ck all to stop it, they just stood around doin nothing

anR

by anR » 26 Sep 2007 10:46

The elderly couple next to me in Y23 were not there last night. Instead a couple of southern Scally fans who were very complimentary to Torres when breaking for the third goal.

Before the game we went into the Oakford Social Club and I had to remove my Reading shirt. If I have to do this in my home town, why should Liverpool fans be allowed to wear their red shirts in the home end?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 26 Sep 2007 10:47

RoyalMatt
One of my mates wore a Man Utd shirt into the Reading end for the cup game last season and got a beating for it. Now that's stupidity

Nonsense, he deserved a good shoeing for his sheer stupidity.

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 26 Sep 2007 10:50

a royal called morty There was also some kid in the north stand, say about 16-17, wearing his liverpool shirt and singing you'll never walk alone at the end, then when some of our own fans took offense to this the kid started to get angry, how thick can you get, wearing the opposition shirt and trying to start on a few fans in the opposition end.

Some people have no common sense

edit: the stewards did f*ck all to stop it, they just stood around doin nothing

I say it's a free world, and people that get really worked up about away fans in the home end ought to get a life. That said, if I were an away fan, I'd try and at least be sensible about not wearing the colours and screaming too loudly. I was sitting next to a couple of Liverpool fans in the North Stand. As they were pretty sporting about clapping good Reading moves and our goals, I felt fairly forgiving. Although they got a bit of death stare when they chortled over a clattering tackle on the Bobster :x

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Sep 2007 10:51

Right.. just to conclude all discussion on this tedious subject. It's a football match. It is not war. Frankly, it's a bit embarassing that football fans can't mix, as they seem perfectly capable to in Rugby and Cricket. This is possibly because football fans are stupid. Footballers are after all.

Therefore if an away fan sits in the home end, we should accomodate them. However if they are then stupid enough to celebrate a goal, or wind up the home fans, then obviously whatever happens to them is (possibly) justified. As they are stupid too.

However, I personally believe that the stewards should stop any away fans in colours. It is just provocative. But if they sit quietly, do not goad home fans and are not acting provocatively (in colours) I see no reason why they cannot be there.

We do, after all, live in a civillised society.

Saying that, this Kunter singing you never walk alone deserved a kicking...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Sep 2007 10:52

Had two L'pool supporting mates with me in the East. Don't have a problem with it if they behave themselves.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Sep 2007 10:54

Yorkshire Royal Right.. just to conclude all discussion on this tedious subject. It's a football match. It is not war. Frankly, it's a bit embarassing that football fans can't mix, as they seem perfectly capable to in Rugby and Cricket. This is possibly because football fans are stupid. Footballers are after all.

Therefore if an away fan sits in the home end, we should accomodate them. However if they are then stupid enough to celebrate a goal, or wind up the home fans, then obviously whatever happens to them is (possibly) justified. As they are stupid too.

However, I personally believe that the stewards should stop any away fans in colours. It is just provocative. But if they sit quietly, do not goad home fans and are not acting provocatively (in colours) I see no reason why they cannot be there.

We do, after all, live in a civillised society.

Saying that, this Kunter singing you never walk alone deserved a kicking...

Thats's all so spot-on it needs Clearasil.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Sep 2007 10:54

Exactly.. I assume they were not in colours?

RoyalMatt

by RoyalMatt » 26 Sep 2007 11:13

AF1
RoyalMatt
One of my mates wore a Man Utd shirt into the Reading end for the cup game last season and got a beating for it. Now that's stupidity

Nonsense, he deserved a good shoeing for his sheer stupidity.

Sorry, I was saying that he was stupid for wearing it, not stupid fans for taking an exception to him.