World Cup 2018

376 posts
User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 10161
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: World Cup 2018

by Stranded » 01 Dec 2017 16:24

Sutekh wrote:A

Russia
Uruguay
Egypt
Saudi Arabia

B

Portugal
Spain
Iran
Morocco

C

France
Peru
Denmark
Australia

D

Argentina
Croatia
Iceland
Nigeria

E

Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

F

Germany
Mexico
Sweden
South Korea

G

Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

H

Poland
Colombia
Senegal
Japan

Russia v Saudi Arabia is the opening game of the tournament to be played in Moscow on Thursday 14 June 2018

England play in the following order

1. Tunisia, to be played in Volgograd on Monday 18 June 2018
2. Panama, to be played in Novograd on 24 June 2018
3. Belgium, to be played in Kaliningrad on 28 June 2018

England are going to be based in St Petersburg I believe.

Oh to be an Argentina fan with that group :lol:


England play Belgium last, Panama second.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5714
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: World Cup 2018

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2017 16:29

Stranded wrote:
Sutekh wrote:A

Russia
Uruguay
Egypt
Saudi Arabia

B

Portugal
Spain
Iran
Morocco

C

France
Peru
Denmark
Australia

D

Argentina
Croatia
Iceland
Nigeria

E

Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

F

Germany
Mexico
Sweden
South Korea

G

Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

H

Poland
Colombia
Senegal
Japan

Russia v Saudi Arabia is the opening game of the tournament to be played in Moscow on Thursday 14 June 2018

England play in the following order

1. Tunisia, to be played in Volgograd on Monday 18 June 2018
2. Panama, to be played in Novograd on 24 June 2018
3. Belgium, to be played in Kaliningrad on 28 June 2018

England are going to be based in St Petersburg I believe.

Oh to be an Argentina fan with that group :lol:


England play Belgium last, Panama second.


Now corrected.

Also I note it's about a week later start for a world cup, tournament starts on 14 June and concludes on 15 July

Going to really hack off those that don't like sport at the end of June with BBC also showing Wimbledon :lol:

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 16365
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: World Cup 2018

by genome » 01 Dec 2017 16:33

Sutekh wrote:England play in the following order

1. Tunisia, to be played in Volgograd on Monday 18 June 2018
2. Panama, to be played in Novograd on Sunday 24 June 2018
3. Belgium, to be played in Kaliningrad on Thursday 28 June 2018

England are going to be based in St Petersburg I believe.


Nearly 1000 miles between SP and Volgograd, but the others are about 500 miles away. Don't think that will be a problem given the time between matches.

windermereROYAL
Member
Posts: 692
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 12:18

Re: World Cup 2018

by windermereROYAL » 01 Dec 2017 16:33

Either Spain or Portugal in the 1st KO game if we get through I believe.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5714
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: World Cup 2018

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2017 16:35

Image

Think England need to try and plan their results to avoid Germany in the QFs.

Best way would obviously be to fail to qualify from the group.


User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 10161
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: World Cup 2018

by Stranded » 01 Dec 2017 16:36

windermereROYAL wrote:Either Spain or Portugal in the 1st KO game if we get through I believe.


Group G is tied with Group H due to the scheduling so will be one of:

Poland
Senegal
Colombia
Japan

If, and a big if, England got through that they would most likely face a QF against either Brazil or Germany (assuming they win their groups).

User avatar
genome
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 16365
Joined: 08 Jul 2012 13:29
Location: Universe

Re: World Cup 2018

by genome » 01 Dec 2017 16:42

Here are the stadia

Volgograd Arena (vs Tunisia) - not finished yet

Image

Novograd Arena (vs Panama)

Image

Kaliningrad Stadium (vs Belgium)

Image

Stunning stuff

double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5896
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: World Cup 2018

by double d » 01 Dec 2017 16:45

Very happy with that group.

Just need Jones and Cahill to take out lukaku and hazard in training accidents now.

Marino13
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: 03 Oct 2017 11:20

Re: World Cup 2018

by Marino13 » 01 Dec 2017 17:02

double d wrote:Very happy with that group.

Just need Jones and Cahill to take out lukaku and hazard in training accidents now.


won't matter a jot. we won't win the wc any way. plus
i'd rather see the worlds best players in the tournament
than out in injured.


double d
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5896
Joined: 31 Jul 2006 00:08

Re: World Cup 2018

by double d » 01 Dec 2017 17:06

Marino13 wrote:
double d wrote:Very happy with that group.

Just need Jones and Cahill to take out lukaku and hazard in training accidents now.


won't matter a jot. we won't win the wc any way. plus
i'd rather see the worlds best players in the tournament
than out in injured.


Why you being negative kes? How do you know we won't win it? We might win it. We could do very well I think.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5714
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: World Cup 2018

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2017 17:15

Schedule for the finals tournament....

Group A

14-Jun 16:00 Russia - Saudi Arabia
15-Jun 13:00 Egypt - Uruguay
19-Jun 19:00 Russia - Egypt
20-Jun 16:00 Uruguay - Saudi Arabia
25-Jun 15:00 Uruguay - Russia
25-Jun 15:00 Saudi Arabia - Egypt

Group B

15-Jun 16:00 Morocco - Iran
15-Jun 19:00 Portugal - Spain
20-Jun 13:00 Portugal - Morocco
20-Jun 19:00 Iran - Spain
25-Jun 19:00 Spain - Morocco
25-Jun 19:00 Iran - Portugal

Group C

16-Jun 11:00 France - Australia
16-Jun 17:00 Peru - Denmark
21-Jun 13:00 France - Peru
21-Jun 16:00 Denmark - Australia
26-Jun 15:00 Denmark - France
26-Jun 15:00 Australia - Peru

Group D

16-Jun 13:00 Argentina - Iceland
16-Jun 19:00 Croatia - Nigeria
21-Jun 18:00 Argentina - Croatia
22-Jun 15:00 Nigeria - Iceland
26-Jun 18:00 Nigeria - Argentina
26-Jun 18:00 Iceland - Croatia

Group E

17-Jun 13:00 Costa Rica - Serbia
17-Jun 19:00 Brazil - Switzerland
22-Jun 13:00 Brazil - Costa Rica
22-Jun 19:00 Serbia - Switzerland
27-Jun 19:00 Serbia - Brazil
27-Jun 19:00 Switzerland - Costa Rica

Group F

17-Jun 16:00 Germany - Mexico
18-Jun 13:00 Sweden - South Korea
23-Jun 16:00 Germany - Sweden
23-Jun 19:00 South Korea - Mexico
27-Jun 15:00 Mexico - Sweden
27-Jun 15:00 South Korea - Germany

Group G

18-Jun 16:00 Belgium - Panama
18-Jun 19:00 Tunisia - England
23-Jun 13:00 Belgium - Tunisia
24-Jun 13:00 England - Panama
28-Jun 19:00 England - Belgium
28-Jun 19:00 Panama - Tunisia

Group H

19-Jun 13:00 Poland - Senegal
19-Jun 16:00 Colombia - Japan
24-Jun 16:00 Japan - Senegal
24-Jun 19:00 Poland - Colombia
28-Jun 15:00 Senegal - Colombia
28-Jun 15:00 Japan - Poland

Last 16

30-Jun 1500 1C - 2D = L
30-Jun 1900 1A - 2B = M
01-Jul 1500 1B - 2A = O
01-Jul 1900 1D - 2C = P
02-Jul 1500 1E - 2F = Q
02-Jul 1900 1G - 2H = R
03-Jul 1500 1F - 2E = S
03-Jul 1900 1H - 2G = T

Quarter Finals

06-Jul 1500 L - M = 1
06-Jul 1900 R - Q = 2
07-Jul 1500 T - S = 3
07-Jul 1900 O - P = 4

Semi Finals

10-Jul 1900 2 - 1
11-Jul 1900 3 - 4

3rd Place

14-Jul 1500

Final

15-Jul 1600
Last edited by Sutekh on 01 Dec 2017 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Marino13
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: 03 Oct 2017 11:20

Re: World Cup 2018

by Marino13 » 01 Dec 2017 17:16

double d wrote:
Marino13 wrote:
double d wrote:Very happy with that group.

Just need Jones and Cahill to take out lukaku and hazard in training accidents now.


won't matter a jot. we won't win the wc any way. plus
i'd rather see the worlds best players in the tournament
than out in injured.


Why you being negative kes? How do you know we won't win it? We might win it. We could do very well I think.


NOT THIS KES PERSON!
i'm realistic, not negative. when it comes to the major tournaments
we just don't have the mentality to win it.

User avatar
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11076
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 10:09
Location: Chasing buffalo and the good times.

Re: World Cup 2018

by 6ft Kerplunk » 01 Dec 2017 17:27

I take it the internet has done the "What Manny from Modern Family looks like now will shock you" joke.
Image


User avatar
bcubed
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3095
Joined: 30 Oct 2004 18:16
Location: Would do better with a stick of rhubarb

Re: World Cup 2018

by bcubed » 01 Dec 2017 18:11

6ft Kerplunk wrote:I take it the internet has done the "What Manny from Modern Family looks like now will shock you" joke.
Image

:D

User avatar
seahawk10
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6470
Joined: 10 Feb 2007 09:01
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

Re: World Cup 2018

by seahawk10 » 01 Dec 2017 21:08

bcubed wrote:
6ft Kerplunk wrote:I take it the internet has done the "What Manny from Modern Family looks like now will shock you" joke.
Image

:D


Also for fans of Baseball we now know what Sammy Sosa has been up to lately.

TiagoIlori
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: 31 Jul 2017 18:34

Re: World Cup 2018

by TiagoIlori » 02 Dec 2017 02:44

Can’t wait for this to start now, children crying, last minute drama and fans going bonkers when they grab a consolation goal to make it 9-1. Going to be glorious.

376 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

It is currently 16 Dec 2017 19:11