England - the future....

3565 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: England - the future....

by Kulshaw72RFC » 05 Oct 2018 14:47

John Smith If he's taking 4 keepers then I'd have taken the Brighton keeper instead.

The Australian one?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Oct 2018 14:49

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith If he's taking 4 keepers then I'd have taken the Brighton keeper instead.

The Australian one?

Christian Walton

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 05 Oct 2018 15:37

John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC

The Australian one?

Christian Walton

I would rather the 3 and drop Butland TBH. Have been very unimpressed with him this season.

Pickford, McCarthy, One out of (when fit) Pope, Heaton, Walton, Bettinelli, Gunn and of course our very own Walker :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Oct 2018 10:55

I’d totally overlooked the fact that Chalabah also made the squad last week. I’m not sure why it is, but Southgate has a massive hard-on for him, and always has.

I just don’t get it.

Also, Dunk has now been called up to replace Tarkowski.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Oct 2018 12:25

Hadn't realised that the game in Croatia on Friday is being played behind closed doors, as punishment for the Croatian pitch being marked with a swastika before a game with Italy in 2016. That Italy game was itself being played with no fans in attendance for previous racist chanting.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Oct 2018 12:30

Sanguine Hadn't realised that the game in Croatia on Friday is being played behind closed doors, as punishment for the Croatian pitch being marked with a swastika before a game with Italy in 2016. That Italy game was itself being played with no fans in attendance for previous racist chanting.

Televised though I take it?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Oct 2018 12:31

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Hadn't realised that the game in Croatia on Friday is being played behind closed doors, as punishment for the Croatian pitch being marked with a swastika before a game with Italy in 2016. That Italy game was itself being played with no fans in attendance for previous racist chanting.

Yep, on Sky, they are showing all the Nations League games.
The game has been moved to a tiny 8,000-seater ground in the north of the country partly in the hope of dissuading fans from travelling, it's over 100 miles from Split airport.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Oct 2018 12:38

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

The game has been moved to a tiny 8,000-seater ground in the north of the country partly in the hope of dissuading fans from travelling, it's over 100 miles from Split airport.

Not sure I have ever watched a behind closed doors game live before, will be very odd.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 10 Oct 2018 13:56

There was a game in the early stages of the Europa league that had an attendance of about 3.

Even with 'behind closed doors', you'll have ca. 100 people in the stadium.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 11 Oct 2018 11:57

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

Not sure I have ever watched a behind closed doors game live before, will be very odd.

I like this photo from an early 80s behind closed doors game.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Oct 2018 13:09

stealthpapes There was a game in the early stages of the Europa league that had an attendance of about 3.

Even with 'behind closed doors', you'll have ca. 100 people in the stadium.

I imagine it'll be more like 500 with all the staff, officials and hangers on, but yeah it'll certainly be pretty odd to watch on TV let alone play in.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 11 Oct 2018 23:41

Went to the U21s 7-0 thrashing of the mighty Andorra tonight. Was impressed with Lookman, Kenny, Nelson and Solanke. ‘17 year old’ Ryan Sessegnon was dreadful. He looks completely shot of confidence and is clearly suffering from playing in the PL. The only thing he did of note in the match was hit the side netting from 16 yards in the 44th min......The hype machine appears to have eaten him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 08:53

Kitsondinho Went to the U21s 7-0 thrashing of the mighty Andorra tonight. Was impressed with Lookman, Kenny, Nelson and Solanke. ‘17 year old’ Ryan Sessegnon was dreadful. He looks completely shot of confidence and is clearly suffering from playing in the PL. The only thing he did of note in the match was hit the side netting from 16 yards in the 44th min......The hype machine appears to have eaten him.

Yeah he looks like a kid playing with adults in the Premier League, he clearly believed his own hype. Taking on Eric Lichaj is a different world to taking on the likes of Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier, needs to work way harder.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 08:56

Old Man Andrews
Yeah he looks like a kid playing with adults in the Premier League, he clearly believed his own hype. Taking on Eric Lichaj is a different world to taking on the likes of Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier, needs to work way harder.

Rubbish. As per our discussion on Bettinelli, I'm around Fulham a lot, and Sessegnon is considered one of the most humble and hard-working players the club has ever brought through. It's not that he 'believes his own hype', it's that, as Kitsondinho says, his confidence has suffered making that step up. He'll get there - he is an immense talent who, being pretty small in stature, has been playing against bigger and quicker players his whole career, and with success. He'll get there.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:00

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

Rubbish. As per our discussion on Bettinelli, I'm around Fulham a lot, and Sessegnon is considered one of the most humble and hard-working players the club has ever brought through. It's not that he 'believes his own hype', it's that, as Kitsondinho says, his confidence has suffered making that step up. He'll get there - he is an immense talent who, being pretty small in stature, has been playing against bigger and quicker players his whole career, and with success. He'll get there.

No offence but I will judge him on what I can see with my eyes rather than someone who has bought blindly into the hype surrounding him. He is a kid playing in a mans league, it is too big for him. Maybe he needs a season in the Bundesliga or something like that, like Lookman did.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 09:08

Gareth Bale got slaughter for not being able to make the step up for a couple of seasons after joining Spurs from Southampton, then of the Championship.

It's a big jump up, and he's a very young kid, with just 1 and a half seasons of football under his belt (and that's tantamount to his talent that he's played so much so young) so it's very unlikely he will reproduce his Championship form straight away in the Premier League. Fulham have hardly set the world alight either, with or without him in the side.

I'm very hopefully he'll get to play enough football this season that his education and rise continues at a decent pace. However, we have to expect some drop off in performance at times without then jumping on him and ruining his career before it's really started (that's we as a footballing nation, not just a couple of posters on HNA? of course!).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 09:13

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

No offence but I will judge him on what I can see with my eyes rather than someone who has bought blindly into the hype surrounding him. He is a kid playing in a mans league, it is too big for him. Maybe he needs a season in the Bundesliga or something like that, like Lookman did.

After your brilliant analysis of Bettinelli based on your goalkeeping knowledge (an analysis that involved no discussion of goalkeeping), I think I can safely park your latest rant in the same folder.

As I said, Sessegnon's work rate, effort, desire to improve, and ego are not issues at Fulham. There is no 'believing his own hype', the kid is known for being quiet and studious, almost to a fault.

He will get there, he is immensely talented, but as HB suggests, jumping on him as having some sort of ego because he hasn't reproduced his form in half a dozen PL games is ridiculous.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:18

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

After your brilliant analysis of Bettinelli based on your goalkeeping knowledge (an analysis that involved no discussion of goalkeeping), I think I can safely park your latest rant in the same folder.

As I said, Sessegnon's work rate, effort, desire to improve, and ego are not issues at Fulham. There is no 'believing his own hype', the kid is known for being quiet and studious, almost to a fault.

You have no clue what you are talking about sadly, shame really as you're better than that. Pretty sure you saw my analysis of Bettinelli as 100% accurate when Fulham played Arsenal, Sergio Rico will be playing very soon and Bettinelli will be 2nd or 3rd choice. When that happens I will be expecting an apology.

You have no idea what he is like at Fulham, please try to stop being "ITK", its really silly and like I said you're better than that. Some players just aren't ready and maybe will never be ready. At this current time Sessagnon is nowhere near the level required, not sure how that is open to debate.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 09:43

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

You have no clue what you are talking about sadly, shame really as you're better than that. Pretty sure you saw my analysis of Bettinelli as 100% accurate when Fulham played Arsenal, Sergio Rico will be playing very soon and Bettinelli will be 2nd or 3rd choice. When that happens I will be expecting an apology.

You have no idea what he is like at Fulham, please try to stop being "ITK", its really silly and like I said you're better than that. Some players just aren't ready and maybe will never be ready. At this current time Sessagnon is nowhere near the level required, not sure how that is open to debate.

The reason everyone thought you were Kes, OMA, is this 'inner arsehole' in you that comes out quite frequently.

I'm not 'trying to be ITK', I watch most of Fulham's games live, and I know a lot of people at the club - and so tried to offer an insight on the player.

I didn't say Sessegnon was playing at the level required, I said that the reason he is struggling is not that he 'believes his own hype'. He is one of the most humble and hard-working players you could wish for. You don't have to like that, but it is simple fact, his conduct his considered exemplary.

As for Bettinelli, but for him Arsenal would have had 7 at the weekend, there was little he could have done about any of the Arsenal goals. I'm still all ears as to the technical goalkeeping expertise you can offer on him. You provided no 'analysis' of him at all.

Grow up and have an adult discussion, instead of throwing your toys around when someone questions your rants.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:55

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

The reason everyone thought you were Kes, OMA, is this 'inner arsehole' in you that comes out quite frequently.

I'm not 'trying to be ITK', I watch most of Fulham's games live, and I know a lot of people at the club - and so tried to offer an insight on the player.

I didn't say Sessegnon was playing at the level required, I said that the reason he is struggling is not that he 'believes his own hype'. He is one of the most humble and hard-working players you could wish for. You don't have to like that, but it is simple fact, his conduct his considered exemplary.

As for Bettinelli, but for him Arsenal would have had 7 at the weekend, there was little he could have done about any of the Arsenal goals. I'm still all ears as to the technical goalkeeping expertise you can offer on him. You provided no 'analysis' of him at all.

Grow up and have an adult discussion, instead of throwing your toys around when someone questions your rants.

Bettinelli will be out of the team as soon as Sergio Rico can learn enough English to get by, trust me. The most important and most relevant analysis of him is that he isn't a Premier League goalkeeper, that isn't from me that comes directly from goalkeeper coaches who have worked with him who I have personally spoken to. I have seen enough of him to back this up so why would I think otherwise? Happy for him to prove me wrong, I have no vendetta against him at all. I do not know much in life but goalkeeping is something I would like to think I do.

I am having a discussion, what makes you think otherwise? Everything I have said is just the opposite of what you believe, its not childish to disagree with someone. I've not sworn at you or been offensive, stop playing the victim. I have seen Sessagnon a lot too, enough to base an opinion on him. Fantastic at Championship level but Premier League has come way too quickly for him, mainly physically. He needs to get a bit more built in his upper body, not sure if he is already doing that or not but its vital to his development. Fulham also aren't helping him by shifting him to left back again, he's not a defender.

Maybe he would benefit from half a season on loan to a German or French team in a slightly less demanding league.

3565 posts