England - the future....

3566 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: England - the future....

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 10:03

Kitsondinho Went to the U21s 7-0 thrashing of the mighty Andorra tonight. Was impressed with Lookman, Kenny, Nelson and Solanke. ‘17 year old’ Ryan Sessegnon was dreadful. He looks completely shot of confidence and is clearly suffering from playing in the PL. The only thing he did of note in the match was hit the side netting from 16 yards in the 44th min......The hype machine appears to have eaten him.

Did you travel from Reading to Chesterfield to watch England U21s?

stealthpapes There was a game in the early stages of the Europa league that had an attendance of about 3.

Even with 'behind closed doors', you'll have ca. 100 people in the stadium.

Not closed door, but I remember when England fans were banned from the qualifier in Turkey when Becks missed the pen. I was praying so much that that went in just in case any brave nutcases had travelled and were going to celebrate.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 10:07

Sanguine I watch most of Fulham's games live

Ah.

Well now we've uncovered the (not so) closet Fulham fan on here. Does anyone actually support Reading on this Reading FC forum? What a joke.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 10:08

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
You have no clue what you are talking about sadly, shame really as you're better than that. Pretty sure you saw my analysis of Bettinelli as 100% accurate when Fulham played Arsenal, Sergio Rico will be playing very soon and Bettinelli will be 2nd or 3rd choice. When that happens I will be expecting an apology.

You have no idea what he is like at Fulham, please try to stop being "ITK", its really silly and like I said you're better than that. Some players just aren't ready and maybe will never be ready. At this current time Sessagnon is nowhere near the level required, not sure how that is open to debate.

The reason everyone thought you were Kes, OMA, is this 'inner arsehole' in you that comes out quite frequently.

I'm not 'trying to be ITK', I watch most of Fulham's games live, and I know a lot of people at the club - and so tried to offer an insight on the player.

I didn't say Sessegnon was playing at the level required, I said that the reason he is struggling is not that he 'believes his own hype'. He is one of the most humble and hard-working players you could wish for. You don't have to like that, but it is simple fact, his conduct his considered exemplary.

As for Bettinelli, but for him Arsenal would have had 7 at the weekend, there was little he could have done about any of the Arsenal goals. I'm still all ears as to the technical goalkeeping expertise you can offer on him. You provided no 'analysis' of him at all.

Grow up and have an adult discussion, instead of throwing your toys around when someone questions your rants.

Bettinelli will be out of the team as soon as Sergio Rico can learn enough English to get by, trust me. The most important and most relevant analysis of him is that he isn't a Premier League goalkeeper, that isn't from me that comes directly from goalkeeper coaches who have worked with him who I have personally spoken to. I have seen enough of him to back this up so why would I think otherwise? Happy for him to prove me wrong, I have no vendetta against him at all. I do not know much in life but goalkeeping is something I would like to think I do.

I am having a discussion, what makes you think otherwise? Everything I have said is just the opposite of what you believe, its not childish to disagree with someone. I've not sworn at you or been offensive, stop playing the victim. I have seen Sessagnon a lot too, enough to base an opinion on him. Fantastic at Championship level but Premier League has come way too quickly for him, mainly physically. He needs to get a bit more built in his upper body, not sure if he is already doing that or not but its vital to his development. Fulham also aren't helping him by shifting him to left back again, he's not a defender.

Maybe he would benefit from half a season on loan to a German or French team in a slightly less demanding league.

The 'otherwise' is where, for no real reason at all, you try to denigrate me for trying to be 'in the know'. That's childish. You've been here long enough to know that's not my schtick, so as an adult you should take it as face value if I speak about a player's character. In this case, you've got no evidence at all of anything else.

I'd agree wholly with your analysis of Sessegnon above - he looks out-matched against Premier League full-backs so far. But that wasn't your initial claim, which is that 'he believes his own hype'. That is absolutely not the case.

I'm not going to ask you again for your technical analysis of Bettinelli's keeping, as it clearly isn't forthcoming, suffice to say that the guy has been dropped a few times in his 8 years at the club, and each time demanded reselection. This time around, he has been made team captain. I take what you say from coaches at face value, but Bettinelli has now played over 100 games for the club and is first choice of three in the Premier League - maybe what you heard from them back when he was 17 is something he has worked on and improved.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 10:09

John Smith

Ah.

Well now we've uncovered the (not so) closet Fulham fan on here. Does anyone actually support Reading on this Reading FC forum? What a joke.

Just a football fan really m9. I haven't been to a Reading match for two years.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 10:13

Sanguine
John Smith

Ah.

Pathetic. Don't post on here anymore. Take Ascotexgunner with you.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 10:14

Old Man Andrews I have seen Sessagnon a lot too, enough to base an opinion on him. Fantastic at Championship level but Premier League has come way too quickly for him, mainly physically. He needs to get a bit more built in his upper body, not sure if he is already doing that or not but its vital to his development. Fulham also aren't helping him by shifting him to left back again, he's not a defender.

Struggling to adapt and make the step up, as lots of other players do, doesn't really mean it's come to early for him (although it might be the case, there's no real way of knowing is there?) just that he's not yet adjusted or found his form.

I'd tend to agree that he's not really an out and out defender, at least not in that side, and his performances would back that up. He's better going forward and in the Championship he was playing in a side that could dominate games and afford him more freedom to go forward from left back (although he played further forward a lot too of course).

I read somewhere that he put on 7kg over the summer in order to strengthen himself for the Premier League.

As for the goalkeeper debate. You may well be right OMA but I'm pretty sure you've not offered anything by way of reasoning why he isn't good enough or the weaknesses that will stop him making the grade. Perhaps if you did your opinion would carry more weight.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 10:17

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
The reason everyone thought you were Kes, OMA, is this 'inner arsehole' in you that comes out quite frequently.

I'm not 'trying to be ITK', I watch most of Fulham's games live, and I know a lot of people at the club - and so tried to offer an insight on the player.

I didn't say Sessegnon was playing at the level required, I said that the reason he is struggling is not that he 'believes his own hype'. He is one of the most humble and hard-working players you could wish for. You don't have to like that, but it is simple fact, his conduct his considered exemplary.

As for Bettinelli, but for him Arsenal would have had 7 at the weekend, there was little he could have done about any of the Arsenal goals. I'm still all ears as to the technical goalkeeping expertise you can offer on him. You provided no 'analysis' of him at all.

Grow up and have an adult discussion, instead of throwing your toys around when someone questions your rants.

Bettinelli will be out of the team as soon as Sergio Rico can learn enough English to get by, trust me. The most important and most relevant analysis of him is that he isn't a Premier League goalkeeper, that isn't from me that comes directly from goalkeeper coaches who have worked with him who I have personally spoken to. I have seen enough of him to back this up so why would I think otherwise? Happy for him to prove me wrong, I have no vendetta against him at all. I do not know much in life but goalkeeping is something I would like to think I do.

I am having a discussion, what makes you think otherwise? Everything I have said is just the opposite of what you believe, its not childish to disagree with someone. I've not sworn at you or been offensive, stop playing the victim. I have seen Sessagnon a lot too, enough to base an opinion on him. Fantastic at Championship level but Premier League has come way too quickly for him, mainly physically. He needs to get a bit more built in his upper body, not sure if he is already doing that or not but its vital to his development. Fulham also aren't helping him by shifting him to left back again, he's not a defender.

Maybe he would benefit from half a season on loan to a German or French team in a slightly less demanding league.

The 'otherwise' is where, for no real reason at all, you try to denigrate me for trying to be 'in the know'. That's childish. You've been here long enough to know that's not my schtick, so as an adult you should take it as face value if I speak about a player's character. In this case, you've got no evidence at all of anything else.

I'd agree wholly with your analysis of Sessegnon above - he looks out-matched against Premier League full-backs so far. But that wasn't your initial claim, which is that 'he believes his own hype'. That is absolutely not the case.

I'm not going to ask you again for your technical analysis of Bettinelli's keeping, as it clearly isn't forthcoming, suffice to say that the guy has been dropped a few times in his 8 years at the club, and each time demanded reselection. This time around, he has been made team captain. I take what you say from coaches at face value, but Bettinelli has now played over 100 games for the club and is first choice of three in the Premier League - maybe what you heard from them back when he was 17 is something he has worked on and improved.

I have spoken to his coach when he was playing under 16's and he coached him on and off last season too. He has done personal coaching for my son so know him fairly well and he goes into a fair amount of detail about the goalkeepers who have been at Fulham. I will say Bettinelli is used as an example of a player who wouldn't give up and sounds like he is very determined. They weren't going to offer him a deal after the under 16's season but his work ethic shone through apparently.
I think a key indicator of how good he is can be seen in Fulham's summer transfer business. They signed two relatively high profile goalkeepers with big game experience and one of them started out the season in place of Bettinelli. He was horrendous though and rightfully was replaced after a couple of terrible games by Bettinelli who has done ok so far but he isn't the number 1 IMO. Rico will come in to take his place and I will be surprised if that isn't their first game back after the international break, he really is a different league from Bettinelli at this current time. Remember Bettinelli was number 2 to David Button in the early part of last season too so I would say at the very least Fulham do not have 100% faith in him as a number 1.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 10:21

John Smith Pathetic. Don't post on here anymore. Take Ascotexgunner with you.

Oh dear. I think I might.....carry on posting here. :lol:

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 12:16

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Rubbish. As per our discussion on Bettinelli, I'm around Fulham a lot, and Sessegnon is considered one of the most humble and hard-working players the club has ever brought through. It's not that he 'believes his own hype', it's that, as Kitsondinho says, his confidence has suffered making that step up. He'll get there - he is an immense talent who, being pretty small in stature, has been playing against bigger and quicker players his whole career, and with success. He'll get there.

No offence but I will judge him on what I can see with my eyes rather than someone who has bought blindly into the hype surrounding him. He is a kid playing in a mans league, it is too big for him. Maybe he needs a season in the Bundesliga or something like that, like Lookman did.

After your brilliant analysis of Bettinelli based on your goalkeeping knowledge (an analysis that involved no discussion of goalkeeping), I think I can safely park your latest rant in the same folder.

As I said, Sessegnon's work rate, effort, desire to improve, and ego are not issues at Fulham. There is no 'believing his own hype', the kid is known for being quiet and studious, almost to a fault.

He will get there, he is immensely talented, but as HB suggests, jumping on him as having some sort of ego because he hasn't reproduced his form in half a dozen PL games is ridiculous.

Agreed with you there Sanguine.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 12:30

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
Old Man Andrews
You have no clue what you are talking about sadly, shame really as you're better than that. Pretty sure you saw my analysis of Bettinelli as 100% accurate when Fulham played Arsenal, Sergio Rico will be playing very soon and Bettinelli will be 2nd or 3rd choice. When that happens I will be expecting an apology.

You have no idea what he is like at Fulham, please try to stop being "ITK", its really silly and like I said you're better than that. Some players just aren't ready and maybe will never be ready. At this current time Sessagnon is nowhere near the level required, not sure how that is open to debate.

:roll:

Wow......

Your lack of football knowledge is shocking Old Man Andrews.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 12:32

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

:roll:

Wow......

Your lack of football knowledge is shocking Old Man Andrews.

Cheers DD/Kes. Let the adults talk, run along.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 12:44

John Smith
Sanguine
John Smith Ah.

Just because you do not watch Reading sometimes does not mean you are not a fan. What if you live abroad or work on weekends or live far away?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 13:38

Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith
Sanguine

Just because you do not watch Reading sometimes does not mean you are not a fan. What if you live abroad or work on weekends or live far away?

There's a difference between an exiled Reading FC supporter and someone who goes and "watches most Fulham games". Seriously wtf?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2018 13:58

John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC
John Smith Pathetic. Don't post on here anymore. Take Ascotexgunner with you.

There's a difference between an exiled Reading FC supporter and someone who goes and "watches most Fulham games". Seriously wtf?

M9, I haven't 'supported' Reading for years, if ever, I'm just a casual fan. Only really went regularly in at Elm Park, and then in League One at the Madejski.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 14:05

Sanguine
John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC

M9, I haven't 'supported' Reading for years, if ever, I'm just a casual fan. Only really went regularly in at Elm Park, and then in League One at the Madejski.

He's commenting on general football John, don't think he has to go.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 14:11

Sanguine
John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC

http://www.cottagecorner.org/forum/

Off you go. See ya

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Oct 2018 14:11

John Smith

Ah.

TBF, the pubs by the ground are better.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Oct 2018 14:12

Sanguine
John Smith

Ah.

TBF, you read this and think "who's really the loser here".

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 12 Oct 2018 14:14

John Smith
Sanguine
John Smith There's a difference between an exiled Reading FC supporter and someone who goes and "watches most Fulham games". Seriously wtf?

http://www.cottaging.co.uk

Off you go. See ya

Not. Clicking. That.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 14:39

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
John Smith There's a difference between an exiled Reading FC supporter and someone who goes and "watches most Fulham games". Seriously wtf?

He's commenting on general football John, don't think he has to go.

Can you stop doing that Italics thing please? It was funny when I did it but you are wearing it out now.

3566 posts