World Cup 2018

1412 posts
double d

Re: World Cup 2018

by double d » 08 Oct 2017 15:15

dean horrix legend
double d
dean horrix legend
Have you re-read it all now Bobby? I never said Gazza was sent off, your pal double d did. As I said before, I think he should stop now before he makes a complete fool of himself,

You may want to take the same advice,

Dean horrix legend. Tell me what I said that was so stupid. I said that gazza showed passion for the team, he got sent off and shed tears. Did Beckham show passion when he scored against greece? Yes he did. Did butcher show passion? Bobby moore? Nobby Stiles?

Now what about these overpaid rubbish prima donnas ? None of them care or show passion. They are average footballers who have been found out. We lost to ICELAND FFS!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Would you as a paying supporter who travelled to see Reading accept it if they got humiliated against Oxford City Nomads?

You know nothing about football. If the current stars are representative of England then count me out with bobby. Sir bobbys Moore and robson would be spinning in their graves.

I say you know nothing about football because you keep saying (and Bobby backs you up) that Gazza got sent off in the 1990 world cup. He wasn't sent off, he got booked and that booking meant he would miss the World cup final if England won the game, that's what the tears were for and who could blame him.

My point is, if you can't get that simple fact right, I don't think I can take you serious about anything else you have to say.

Oh and I travelled to Wealdstone in December 1977 and watched us get beat 2-1, not the best of days but I got over it.

Ok then gramps. Seeing as I was about 6 months old when gazza for carded I apologise for my minor mistake. He got banned and showed passion and heart for the jersey which to my point no player now would

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 08 Oct 2017 15:37

double d
dean horrix legend
double d
Dean horrix legend. Tell me what I said that was so stupid. I said that gazza showed passion for the team, he got sent off and shed tears. Did Beckham show passion when he scored against greece? Yes he did. Did butcher show passion? Bobby moore? Nobby Stiles?

Now what about these overpaid rubbish prima donnas ? None of them care or show passion. They are average footballers who have been found out. We lost to ICELAND FFS!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Would you as a paying supporter who travelled to see Reading accept it if they got humiliated against Oxford City Nomads?

You know nothing about football. If the current stars are representative of England then count me out with bobby. Sir bobbys Moore and robson would be spinning in their graves.

I say you know nothing about football because you keep saying (and Bobby backs you up) that Gazza got sent off in the 1990 world cup. He wasn't sent off, he got booked and that booking meant he would miss the World cup final if England won the game, that's what the tears were for and who could blame him.

My point is, if you can't get that simple fact right, I don't think I can take you serious about anything else you have to say.

Oh and I travelled to Wealdstone in December 1977 and watched us get beat 2-1, not the best of days but I got over it.

Ok then gramps. Seeing as I was about 6 months old when gazza for carded I apologise for my minor mistake. He got banned and showed passion and heart for the jersey which to my point no player now would

Sorry double d, can't take you serious ( never have been able to, as it happens) I think you are a very sad man. You have posted a hell of a lot considering you are in Cape Verde, ever thought of having fun instead?

double d

by double d » 08 Oct 2017 15:42

dean horrix legend
double d
dean horrix legend

Sorry double d, can't take you serious ( never have been able to, as it happens) I think you are a very sad man. You have posted a hell of a lot considering you are in Cape Verde, ever thought of having fun instead?

Sitting by a pool in 35 degree heat with 2 beers in my hand currently posting on hobnob is fun.....

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Oct 2017 08:25

double d 2) our youth systems are an absolute joke.

In relative terms, our age group sides are very successful.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Oct 2017 08:49

So, what's occurring?

Group A - Netherlands need to beat Sweden by 6 goals tomorrow night to snatch the play-off place, otherwise it's the Swedes who qualify for the next stage. Sweden could still top the group, if they win and France contrive not to beat Belarus at home.
Group B - Switzerland travel to Portugal having to avoid defeat to qualify for Russia. If Portugal win they snatch top spot in the group.

Group D and Group I - Wales host Republic of Ireland and will finish second in the group if they avoid defeat, however they will need a win to progress if there is a positive result in Croatia's game with Ukraine. Ireland need to win to make the play-offs. If there is a positive result in both games, Slovakia become the lowest ranked play-off side. If Wales and Ireland draw, Ireland are out, and Wales need Croatia and Ukraine to draw. If both games are a draw, there is a possibility Wales and Croatia could be level on points, goal difference and goals scored, in which case qualification might be determined by drawing lots. :shock:

Greece (group H) and Iceland (group I) should wrap up their play-off/group winners spots as they play Kosovo and Gibraltar respectively.

In Africa, Egypt and Nigeria have qualified. Senegal need to avoid defeat to South Africa to join them. Group C will see either Ivory Coast or Morocco qualify - they play each other. Tunisia need a point from a home game with Libya. Looks like no new teams this time around, unless Senegal lose and Burkina Faso win their last game.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Oct 2017 10:27

I'd just like to say how proud I am of the Scottish team taking a stand on Putin's human rights record by boycotting 2018

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Oct 2017 11:02

Do you mean the youth sides that won the U19 Euros, U20 World Cup, and reached the semi final of the U21 Euros?

double d

by double d » 09 Oct 2017 11:07

genome

Do you mean the youth sides that won the U19 Euros, U20 World Cup, and reached the semi final of the U21 Euros?

No i mean the club youth systems are a joke. Our youth teams are only good up until the maturity age and then lose to Germany Spain Brazil etc who focus more on home grown talent when they are older

what_wind_turbine?

by what_wind_turbine? » 09 Oct 2017 13:00

Sanguine So, what's occurring?

Group A - Netherlands need to beat Sweden by 6 goals tomorrow night to snatch the play-off place, otherwise it's the Swedes who qualify for the next stage. Sweden could still top the group, if they win and France contrive not to beat Belarus at home.
Group B - Switzerland travel to Portugal having to avoid defeat to qualify for Russia. If Portugal win they snatch top spot in the group.

Group D and Group I - Wales host Republic of Ireland and will finish second in the group if they avoid defeat, however they will need a win to progress if there is a positive result in Croatia's game with Ukraine. Ireland need to win to make the play-offs. If there is a positive result in both games, Slovakia become the lowest ranked play-off side. If Wales and Ireland draw, Ireland are out, and Wales need Croatia and Ukraine to draw. If both games are a draw, there is a possibility Wales and Croatia could be level on points, goal difference and goals scored, in which case qualification might be determined by drawing lots. :shock:

Worth noting that if Serbia fail to beat Georgia, then Wales could top the group with a win.

Also, unlikely as you would imagine it is, a Georgia win could see Wales top the group with a draw depending on scorelines.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 09 Oct 2017 14:17

what_wind_turbine?
Sanguine So, what's occurring?

Worth noting that if Serbia fail to beat Georgia, then Wales could top the group with a win.

Also, unlikely as you would imagine it is, a Georgia win could see Wales top the group with a draw depending on scorelines.

Yeah there's that too, but it was complex enough to write as it is. :)
Difficult to see Serbia not getting the result they need.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Oct 2017 19:11

As Russ Abbott would say.....what an atmosphere.....
My stomachs in knott's.......I can't help fearing the worst....At least SL is out.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Oct 2017 19:28

I wish Gunter would come higher up the pitch like this for us. Making a real nuisance of himself.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Oct 2017 20:10

Ascotexgunner I wish Gunter would come higher up the pitch like this for us. Making a real nuisance of himself.

Gunter is sh*t remember :wink:

Yea I know what you mean btw, he seems to have a far better role for Wales than for us. Or the system suits him better at least + better players around him

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Oct 2017 20:57

Well this looks like its gonna end like it always does in World Cups for us.

double d

by double d » 09 Oct 2017 21:24

1996!!!! Cmon England!!!! Best team in Britain!!@! Nobody is better then us and has win world cup potential more times

double d

by double d » 10 Oct 2017 09:43

SYRIA 1-0 INSIDE 6 MINUTES VS THE AUSSIES!!!!!! PLEASE HOLD OUT IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE GREATEST SHOCKS OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 10 Oct 2017 10:42

1-1 now. Boooooo. C'mon you Syria.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 10 Oct 2017 10:48

Reckon they must have given away a few thousand tickets to school kids as the crowd noise is like being at Central Swimming Pool.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 10 Oct 2017 11:30

into extra time!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Oct 2017 15:49

Sadly not to be

Syria's unlikely 2018 World Cup dream is over after Tim Cahill's extra-time header saw Australia progress 3-2 on aggregate to the final qualifying tie.

Omar Al Somah gave the civil war-torn nation hope of reaching Russia when he gave them an early lead in Sydney.

But Cahill, 37, quickly equalised with the first of his two headed goals.

Syria, who drew 1-1 in the first leg, were reduced to 10 men when Mahmoud Al Mawas was sent off before Cahill nodded in Robbie Kruse's cross for the winner.

Australia will now play either Panama, Honduras or the US from the Concacaf section for a place in the finals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41562035

1412 posts