England U 21s

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

England U 21s

by glass half full » 22 Jun 2017 21:33

Through to the semi-final with a confident 3-0 win.

Keep up the good work, Aidy and the lads! :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: England U 21s

by Stranded » 26 Jun 2017 13:35

Play Germany tomorrow, so probably ends there.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Jun 2017 17:54

Stranded Play Germany tomorrow, so probably ends there.

2-1 up at the mo

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Jun 2017 19:31

out on pens

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 28 Jun 2017 12:50

BR0B0T out on pens

It had to be.

Never mind, they have shown huge potential. Let us hope that they can progress and achieve senior success.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Jun 2017 13:27

glass half full
BR0B0T out on pens

It had to be.

Never mind, they have shown huge potential. Let us hope that they can progress and achieve senior success.

Huge potential? I'm usually just about the most positive poster re England but are you sure?

It's great that there is a bit more positivity about them as they made it out of the group but having watched most of all their games I haven't seen a lot more to get excited about than previous Euro's.

There's some decent players in that squad, and I quite like Chambers, Ward-Prowse, Hughes, Baker and Redmond, but they don't have a player with the x-factor that makes you think they could become a mainstay of the senior side in the future.

There's no Sturridge, Wellbeck, Jones, Stones, Rodwell, Zaha, Clyne or Gibbs (players that have, IMO, looked like genuine talents in previous generations) that really look like they could force their way into the side in the future. Loftus-Cheek wasn't there through injury, and he's probably their most talented player, and perhaps I'm being harsh on Abrahams, but if we think the likes of Chalobah, Swift or Murphy are going to be pushing for the senior team then my England positivity will be seriously dented.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 28 Jun 2017 14:14

Hoop Blah
glass half full
BR0B0T out on pens

It had to be.

Huge potential? I'm usually just about the most positive poster re England but are you sure?

It's great that there is a bit more positivity about them as they made it out of the group but having watched most of all their games I haven't seen a lot more to get excited about than previous Euro's.

There's some decent players in that squad, and I quite like Chambers, Ward-Prowse, Hughes, Baker and Redmond, but they don't have a player with the x-factor that makes you think they could become a mainstay of the senior side in the future.

There's no Sturridge, Wellbeck, Jones, Stones, Rodwell, Zaha, Clyne or Gibbs (players that have, IMO, looked like genuine talents in previous generations) that really look like they could force their way into the side in the future. Loftus-Cheek wasn't there through injury, and he's probably their most talented player, and perhaps I'm being harsh on Abrahams, but if we think the likes of Chalobah, Swift or Murphy are going to be pushing for the senior team then my England positivity will be seriously dented.

Together with players from u18s and u20s there is potential but what needs to be done is fostering that talent and ensuring that players show progression. I hold onto the hope that the England Management/coaching teams, together with those of Premier League and academies etc. encourage developing talent. All too often in the past the flame has flickered only to fade owing to lack of oxygen, to use a metaphor.

Anyway, let us hope that there is something more out there.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Jun 2017 15:00

Totally agree, it's all about taking good youth players and training them on to become top end Premier League, Champions League and International players.

We might've won a few more tournaments of late but personally I don't see much difference in the quality of the players or teams we're producing through the age groups now as opposed to 10 or so years ago.

Hopefully we do get better at turning those 16/21 year olds into the sort of players England and the English clubs need to succeed.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular

by glass half full » 30 Jun 2017 21:26

Germany 1 Spain 0. No penalties needed.

Yellow cards like confetti.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1