Hob Nob Super-Addict

Which team eliminates England Poll!

by BR0B0T » 06 Jun 2018 22:02

Which team eliminates England...

max of 20 options on phpbb

Old Man Andrews

Re: Which team eliminates England Poll!

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jun 2018 09:08

If I remember rightly I think we could draw Poland in round 2? I think they will beat us.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 07 Jun 2018 10:41

For the hard of understanding (one person), Tunisia can't eliminate us, unless they qualify (with us) from the group.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jun 2018 22:36

I might have read the schedule wrong, but it's got to be Germany hasn't it?

We should finish second in the group despite relatively low expectations. We can then expect to be taking on the less good qualifier from Poland, Columbia, Senegal and Japan... should be doable surely? Then on to whoever wins out of the best of Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia or the winners of group F, which should be Germany... against who we have no prayer in a finals. If we win the group, then anyone out of Brazil, Mexico or Sweden will probably do for us.

So I'd say most likely Germany, then Belgium on the basis we need to beat them to get out of the group because of a poor start, and third most likely being Brazil on the basis we somehow win the group, fourth being Panama because of a really poor start.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 11 Jun 2018 18:48

Snowflake Royal I might have read the schedule wrong, but it's got to be Germany hasn't it?

We should finish second in the group despite relatively low expectations. We can then expect to be taking on the less good qualifier from Poland, Columbia, Senegal and Japan... should be doable surely? Then on to whoever wins out of the best of Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia or the winners of group F, which should be Germany... against who we have no prayer in a finals. If we win the group, then anyone out of Brazil, Mexico or Sweden will probably do for us.

So I'd say most likely Germany, then Belgium on the basis we need to beat them to get out of the group because of a poor start, and third most likely being Brazil on the basis we somehow win the group, fourth being Panama because of a really poor start.

*Colombia. I would be wary of looking at Colombia as an easy path to the QFs - James, Sanchez, Falcao, Cuadrado, Bacca are all class acts. Falcao will be busting a gut in this World Cup after missing 2014 through injury.
Last edited by Ark Royal on 11 Jun 2018 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2018 20:40

Ark Royal
Snowflake Royal I might have read the schedule wrong, but it's got to be Germany hasn't it?

*Colombia. I would be wary of looking at Colombia as an easy path to the last QFs - James, Sanchez, Falcao, Cuadrado, Bacca are all class acts. Falcao will be busting a gut in this World Cup after missing 2014 through injury.

There's no easy second round fixtures unless you're playing England :wink:

Seriously, not saying it would be easy, just not something to be too scared of and achievable. I'd take Columbia over a lot of the alternative expected group winners / runners up out there.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1