Ingerlund Vs Tunisia

160 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ingerlund Vs Tunisia

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 23:00

At the bar I was at: Limbs everywhere, pints thrown, chairs in the air, people on tables. Football's Coming Home blasting at full time.

Forget the rest of the match, that's why the World Cup is so bloody great.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jun 2018 23:04

genome At the bar I was at: Limbs everywhere, pints thrown, chairs in the air, people on tables. Football's Coming Home blasting at full time.

Where was that? i want to avoid it, i dont mind a bit of atmoshere, but getting drenched with beer isnt my idea of fun.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Jun 2018 23:05

genome At the bar I was at: Limbs everywhere, pints thrown, chairs in the air, people on tables. Football's Coming Home blasting at full time.

yeah, defo need another 'stacking it whilst celebrating Ingerlund goals' thread setting up

old skool...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvmmkx1dtmA

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Jun 2018 23:07

windermereROYAL

Where was that? i want to avoid it, i dont mind a bit of atmoshere, but getting drenched with beer isnt my idea of fun.

well, you can fcuk off if you want to be a miserable pcunt!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jun 2018 23:10

BR0B0T
windermereROYAL

well, you can fcuk off if you want to be a miserable pcunt!

Thanks lover xxx

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 23:11

windermereROYAL

Am visiting family in London, so don't worry. Although I see Friar St. was a free for all.

Also, lighten up ya massive jessie

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Jun 2018 23:15

Oh so many insults, I`m deeply hurt. :D

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Jun 2018 23:22

windermereROYAL Oh so many insults, I`m deeply hurt. :D

I actually meant that to come across as more light hearted :wink: ...not sure how I thought that mind!!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Jun 2018 08:05

Jack Celliers Just finished watching it delayed. It was OK. Lots of good performances and I think Germany would die for a Harry Kane. I hope we realise we are allowed to tackle for the next few games because we didn't win a 50:50 all game. VAR proved useless, but we survived. With a fit Dele Alli and Rashford on from the start, I would say we are certain to win the world cup now. It's strange to hear Lampard offering expert knowledge on World Cup games - isn't he statistically our worst world cup player ever?

I'm generally in favour of VAR as it can in theory avoid stupid mistakes and cheating - but I do wonder about it after a game like that. I can see why they didn't over-rule the pen against England ... it was harsh but not impossible to give, so I can see why they wouldn't over-rule the ref. But how can they miss the wrestle on Kane? I'm baffled. Still all in all I'm still in favour but only just.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jun 2018 08:16

Royalwaster
Jack Celliers Just finished watching it delayed. It was OK. Lots of good performances and I think Germany would die for a Harry Kane. I hope we realise we are allowed to tackle for the next few games because we didn't win a 50:50 all game. VAR proved useless, but we survived. With a fit Dele Alli and Rashford on from the start, I would say we are certain to win the world cup now. It's strange to hear Lampard offering expert knowledge on World Cup games - isn't he statistically our worst world cup player ever?

I'm generally in favour of VAR as it can in theory avoid stupid mistakes and cheating - but I do wonder about it after a game like that. I can see why they didn't over-rule the pen against England ... it was harsh but not impossible to give, so I can see why they wouldn't over-rule the ref. But how can they miss the wrestle on Kane? I'm baffled. Still all in all I'm still in favour but only just.

Elbows can look so bad if the player is ducking into the challenge. What was legim8 shielding looks like he swung an arm as the player moves to the other side Walker was expecting. His intention was prolly to roll him and shield the ball...saying that I can see why it's given

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jun 2018 08:19

So overall, the right result and great for England to be up and running after game 1. With Panama next, England should be into the knockout stages with a game to spare. Then a case of if they finish first or second. Following the Germany result, if they go on to finish 2nd then there could be an argument that finishing 2nd will be better.

Potential strength of opponent from Group H wouldn't really change but the QF route for finishing 2nd would see us paired with one of Mexico, Sweden, Switzerland or Serbia. Long way to go yet of course.

Postives and negatives from last night

Positives
Created a lot of chances
Passing and movements in 1st half was high quality
Kept going despite a poor 2nd half and got the goal as a result
Good use of subs by Southgate, really affected the game. Loftus-Cheek definitely worth starting against a Panama team that will defend for their lives.
Harry Kane - overall was barely in the game but he has the knack of just being in the right place at the right time.

Negatives
Wasteful in front of goal: Lingard and Stones all really should have scored in the first half - Sterling also missed his kick with an open goal but that wouldn't have counted anyway. England's conversion rate is shocking.

Inability to break down a packed defence: Tunisia were happy to take the point in the 2nd half so sat deep, England just didn't know what to do. Play slowed down too much without the injection of pace needed at times to break the lines.

Brain Fades: The penalty was soft but what was Walker actually thinking. If he had just gone for the ball and cleared his lines then there would have been no problems. Also a couple of time where England played themselves into trouble at the back. Better teams than Tunisia will make them pay for that.

Not going to go into VAR too much as overall it has been good this tournament but how they could review the rugby tackle on Kane in the 2nd half and not think it worthy of a penalty I don't know - just glad that isn't the main talking point.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 19 Jun 2018 08:33

Royalwaster

Those two non decisions actually cleared something up for me which has puzzled me for decades, namely why England don't get decisions at major tournaments. If you look at the second foul on Kane on the video replay, the referee was looking directly at the incident, not at the play and decided that no foul was committed, and the first was the most blatant penalty ever yet the VAR decided no offence had been committed. So now I know that Sol Cambell's two headers and Frank Lampard's goal would never have been awarded even if the VAR technology had existed back then and that Maradona's "goal" would never have been ruled out.

So fair fukks FIFA, we get the message.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 19 Jun 2018 09:26

Muskrat
Royalwaster

Those two non decisions actually cleared something up for me which has puzzled me for decades, namely why England don't get decisions at major tournaments. If you look at the second foul on Kane on the video replay, the referee was looking directly at the incident, not at the play and decided that no foul was committed, and the first was the most blatant penalty ever yet the VAR decided no offence had been committed. So now I know that Sol Cambell's two headers and Frank Lampard's goal would never have been awarded even if the VAR technology had existed back then and that Maradona's "goal" would never have been ruled out.

So fair fukks FIFA, we get the message.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jun 2018 09:48

Not convinced on Walker at centre-back at all, he showed his inexperience by turning towards his own goal for the Tunisia penalty. It was soft as shit but definitely naive from Walker.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jun 2018 09:54

genome Not convinced on Walker at centre-back at all, he showed his inexperience by turning towards his own goal for the Tunisia penalty. It was soft as shit but definitely naive from Walker.

Would stick him at right back against Panama, ideally want to see us go to a back 4 against them too. Can't see a need to play a back 5 against a team of that standard, it is a chance for us to attack and show some flair. Would go 4-4-2 and play Vardy up with Kane and bring Loftus-Cheek in to replace Alli.

Southgate won't do any of that though and stick to the same as Tunisia (Rose for Young hopefully as it is a no-brainer) and he has every right to as we won using that system.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Jun 2018 09:55

Old Man Andrews
genome Not convinced on Walker at centre-back at all, he showed his inexperience by turning towards his own goal for the Tunisia penalty. It was soft as shit but definitely naive from Walker.

Would stick him at right back against Panama, ideally want to see us go to a back 4 against them too. Can't see a need to play a back 5 against a team of that standard, it is a chance for us to attack and show some flair. Would go 4-4-2 and play Vardy up with Kane and bring Loftus-Cheek in to replace Alli.

Southgate won't do any of that though and stick to the same as Tunisia (Rose for Young hopefully as it is a no-brainer) and he has every right to as we won using that system.

Trouble is, you can't drop Trippier, he was superb last night.

I suppose you could drop Young and shift Walker over to left-back?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Jun 2018 09:57

BR0B0T
Royalwaster

Elbows can look so bad if the player is ducking into the challenge. What was legim8 shielding looks like he swung an arm as the player moves to the other side Walker was expecting. His intention was prolly to roll him and shield the ball...saying that I can see why it's given

it was definitely a penalty. A soft, stupid one, but the ref had no choice. Of course, based on the penalty granted in an earlier match for holding in the box, England should have had two penalties too, no question.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 Jun 2018 09:58

hopefully we shall go on to beat Panama. If so, we really could do without Tunisia beating Belgium, as that would mean the latter would have to beat us to go through (and potentially put us out).

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jun 2018 09:59

genome
Old Man Andrews

Trouble is, you can't drop Trippier, he was superb last night.

I suppose you could drop Young and shift Walker over to left-back?

Yeah good point, he was. I would like to see Danny Rose play against Panama so I would have no option but to drop Walker.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jun 2018 10:07

Tunisia were a dirty niggly cheating team of vvankers who were the antithesis of what football stands for.

Glad we beat the lucky pcunts and their godawful tactics helped by the anti-England officiating. It would have been the most unjust draw ever.

FOOTBALLS COMING HOME.

160 posts