England V Panama

157 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England V Panama

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 11:20

Yeah I don't think Lingard has a big ego, he's just a bit of a joker.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 25 Jun 2018 11:54

genome Yeah I don't think Lingard has a big ego, he's just a bit of a joker.

what is your problem with black players m8?

worse than frimmers and RR

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 25 Jun 2018 11:57

Relentless, loved it the first England game I've enjoyed like that for years. We still have at least two more games and the thought of that makes me very happy. Doing us proud so far lads!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2018 11:59

Theroyalbox Relentless, loved it the first England game I've enjoyed like that for years. We still have at least two more games and the thought of that makes me very happy. Doing us proud so far lads!

Can only imagine the state of the town centres in the major citites and towns if we win that last 16 tie. Mayhem.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 25 Jun 2018 12:02

Old Man Andrews
Theroyalbox Relentless, loved it the first England game I've enjoyed like that for years. We still have at least two more games and the thought of that makes me very happy. Doing us proud so far lads!

Can only imagine the state of the town centres in the major citites and towns if we win that last 16 tie. Mayhem.

I love it, to a certain extent. No one does it quite like England fans, our winner against Tunisia was unbelievable scenes, I wonder if the Germans had anything like that for Kroos...

But where do you draw the line when theres a group of fans who think they can do what they like just cause England win? Quite a hard question..

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Jun 2018 12:09

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews

I love it, to a certain extent. No one does it quite like England fans, our winner against Tunisia was unbelievable scenes, I wonder if the Germans had anything like that for Kroos...

But where do you draw the line when theres a group of fans who think they can do what they like just cause England win? Quite a hard question..

I saw footage of the German celebrations, fairly muted.

I don't mind supporters having fun in the streets etc. Reading council would be best served closing down access in to Reading town centre though, safer for all. I draw the line at little dickheads who can't handle their beer entering shops and disturbing the staff and customers though. Those tossers need a good old fashioned police beating.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 12:13

Theroyalbox I love it, to a certain extent. No one does it quite like England fans, our winner against Tunisia was unbelievable scenes, I wonder if the Germans had anything like that for Kroos...

Nope.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/10 ... 1975780352

Shocking scenes. England celebrated going 1-0 up against Panama twice as hard as the Germans celebrated a last-gasp winner to effectively stay in the competition.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 25 Jun 2018 13:01

genome
Theroyalbox I love it, to a certain extent. No one does it quite like England fans, our winner against Tunisia was unbelievable scenes, I wonder if the Germans had anything like that for Kroos...

Nope.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/10 ... 1975780352

Shocking scenes. England celebrated going 1-0 up against Panama twice as hard as the Germans celebrated a last-gasp winner to effectively stay in the competition.

Where was the fanzone footage from the UK we are comparing it too?

In my experience at world cups and euros the fan parks are tamer than bars because fan parks are full of plastics, and its not that easy to get to the booze / toilets.

The more mental scenes are in bars.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Jun 2018 14:22

someone at work has gone full tryhard by claiming this morning that england were 'f*cking sh*t' at the weekend. A few of us were saying what an enjoyable game it was and he butted in to offer the above comment. When someone asked what he was on about he said we were too focussed on the goals and if we had actually watched it tactically we would have seen what a shitshow it was

:|

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2018 21:21

Winston Biscuit someone at work has gone full tryhard by claiming this morning that england were 'f*cking sh*t' at the weekend. A few of us were saying what an enjoyable game it was and he butted in to offer the above comment. When someone asked what he was on about he said we were too focussed on the goals and if we had actually watched it tactically we would have seen what a shitshow it was

What a tard.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 25 Jun 2018 22:34

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit someone at work has gone full tryhard by claiming this morning that england were 'f*cking sh*t' at the weekend. A few of us were saying what an enjoyable game it was and he butted in to offer the above comment. When someone asked what he was on about he said we were too focussed on the goals and if we had actually watched it tactically we would have seen what a shitshow it was

What a tard.

tbf, we only created 6 chances against one of the worst teams in the tourney....thankfully they all went in :wink:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jun 2018 22:48

We were in 1st gear for the whole second half - had we tried as hard as we did in the first half we would’ve won by 8 or 9

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 12:04

Watched the game in fanzone at Brighton beach - decent, fun atmosphere, but what's with the launching pints in the air when we score? It's one thing to be holding a pint and it spill as you celebrate, but the lads wellying their drinks into the air are a little silly.

As for the game - we were brilliant in the first half and put the game out of reach. Good signs. I continue to like the cut of Southgate's jib, who expressed his concern at the defending for the Panama goal.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Jun 2018 12:32

Sanguine Watched the game in fanzone at Brighton beach - decent, fun atmosphere, but what's with the launching pints in the air when we score? It's one thing to be holding a pint and it spill as you celebrate, but the lads wellying their drinks into the air are a little silly.

As for the game - we were brilliant in the first half and put the game out of reach. Good signs. I continue to like the cut of Southgate's jib, who expressed his concern at the defending for the Panama goal.

Exactly this

The celebrations are a bit fake and over the top to some degree. I understand the scenes when Harry Kane scored in the final minute in the first game.

But doing it on each of the Panama goals was a bit ridiculous

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2018 13:07

bobby1413
Sanguine Watched the game in fanzone at Brighton beach - decent, fun atmosphere, but what's with the launching pints in the air when we score? It's one thing to be holding a pint and it spill as you celebrate, but the lads wellying their drinks into the air are a little silly.

Exactly this

The celebrations are a bit fake and over the top to some degree. I understand the scenes when Harry Kane scored in the final minute in the first game.

But doing it on each of the Panama goals was a bit ridiculous

Armchair twatters just copying their favourite goal celebration scenes without getting why they happened.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 13:12

Quite. There was beer going everywhere for Kane's second penalty, which put us 5-0 up, and had been delayed two minutes for VAR. I'm no fun-sponge, but grow up lads.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Jun 2018 13:28

yeah England are playing well in a competition which only happens every 4 years (and we're usually shit) so calm down fellow supporters

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jun 2018 13:49

Sanguine Quite. There was beer going everywhere for Kane's second penalty, which put us 5-0 up, and had been delayed two minutes for VAR. I'm no fun-sponge, but grow up lads.

So, you're saying the VAR took some of your enjoyment out of the moment?

:wink: :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Jun 2018 14:03

Silver Fox
Sanguine Quite. There was beer going everywhere for Kane's second penalty, which put us 5-0 up, and had been delayed two minutes for VAR. I'm no fun-sponge, but grow up lads.

So, you're saying the VAR took some of your enjoyment out of the moment?

:wink: :lol:

It didn't, but winky accepted and noted. :)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 26 Jun 2018 14:14

The beer throwing should be a spontaneous and uncontrollable reaction to a really significant event where you just lose your shit and can’t help it - i.e last minute winner, a penalty to make it 5-0 against oxf*rd Panama does seem a bit artificial.

157 posts