Hob Nob Addict

Re: England v Belgium

by Zammo » 29 Jun 2018 10:26

It's not coming home.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jun 2018 10:29

Theroyalbox I personally thought last nights performance was ridiculously arrogant. Since when have we been good enough to throw a game to get an 'easier' side of the draw, we did the same thing 2 years ago and got knocked out to Iceland. Lets just hope weve learnt from our mistakes! That's my disappointment over. ITS COMING HOME

Could turn out to be a stroke of genius but you're right, based on our history, we should have tried to win and then face Japan. After that who knows?

Let's hope it all goes well against Colombia and Southgate is vindicated

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 Jun 2018 17:08

Zammo It's not coming home.

Yes it is.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Jun 2018 17:27

I am late to this party, but meaning to post for a couple of days.

I'm absolutely fecking furious at Southgate for this abomination. It was everything that I thought he wasn't, and also the easiest mistake to make - and the most stupid.

We lost, and finished second. Some say that's an easiest route but I say that;s bullsh*t. I also don';t think we are true contenders. What we should have done is put out the strongest possible team we could. That was the team that smashed Panama. We may have still lost, but at least we stuck to the strong team.

All this bull about "give players game time" - I say f*ck that. They're subs and you don't see Chelsea, Man City or United changing all 11 players in a league game just for game time.

Colombia is a hard game, it doesn't matter who we play, every game from here should be treated as a cup final.

Many pundits said to ignore the table, just go out to win, go out with the best team (maybe 1-2 changes) but treat it seriously. We didn't. I'm annoyed about losing, I am annoyed with seemingly tossing the towel.

To summarise, my view of any international competition is screw tactics and planning ahead. Be grateful for every game you get and treat it like your last. Go out with 100% strength and just try to win. I think many seem to be under the illusion that there's an "easier route", which I assure you there isn't. Just go for it for god sake.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 Jun 2018 22:08

bobby1413 I am late to this party, but meaning to post for a couple of days.

I'm absolutely fecking furious at Southgate for this abomination. It was everything that I thought he wasn't, and also the easiest mistake to make - and the most stupid.

We lost, and finished second. Some say that's an easiest route but I say that;s bullsh*t. I also don';t think we are true contenders. What we should have done is put out the strongest possible team we could. That was the team that smashed Panama. We may have still lost, but at least we stuck to the strong team.

All this bull about "give players game time" - I say f*ck that. They're subs and you don't see Chelsea, Man City or United changing all 11 players in a league game just for game time.

Colombia is a hard game, it doesn't matter who we play, every game from here should be treated as a cup final.

Many pundits said to ignore the table, just go out to win, go out with the best team (maybe 1-2 changes) but treat it seriously. We didn't. I'm annoyed about losing, I am annoyed with seemingly tossing the towel.

To summarise, my view of any international competition is screw tactics and planning ahead. Be grateful for every game you get and treat it like your last. Go out with 100% strength and just try to win. I think many seem to be under the illusion that there's an "easier route", which I assure you there isn't. Just go for it for god sake.

Don’t worry about it, bobby. It’s coming home.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Jul 2018 01:15

Scutterbucketz

Is it fcuk. Are you totally gakked out your mind?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Jul 2018 14:14

leon
Scutterbucketz

Come on, leon. Everyone knows blind confidence is the most important thing to have. Right behind actual genuine talent. It’s comng home.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Jul 2018 15:49

Scutterbucketz
leon
Scutterbucketz

Come on, leon. Everyone knows blind confidence is the most important thing to have. Right behind actual genuine talent. It’s comng home.

defo coming home know...Russia beat Spain making for an easier route to the final for us

Who do we meet in the final though?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Jul 2018 16:20

BR0B0T
Scutterbucketz
leon

defo coming home know...Russia beat Spain making for an easier route to the final for us

It’s our year, for sure.

And it’ll be France I reckon. There’s probably some French twat writing on a message board “C’est notre annee!” right now. But he’s wrong and I’m right. It’s our year. It’s coming home.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 01 Jul 2018 16:30

Bastien Sa maison de retour

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Jul 2018 16:56

Scutterbucketz
BR0B0T
Scutterbucketz

It’s our year, for sure.

And it’ll be France I reckon. There’s probably some French twat writing on a message board “C’est notre annee!” right now. But he’s wrong and I’m right. It’s our year. It’s coming home.

Coincidentally I'm a member of that very message board

I've already told him to "va te faire enculer"

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Jul 2018 17:00

look at me trying to me trying to be Billy Big Bollox it was actually more like...

va te faire enculer, Monsieur

showed a bit of class

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 01 Jul 2018 17:15

Yes you do. If there was one game left in the season with nothing to play for and they'd already qualified for the champions league. You'd play a weakened team for Game time. Reading did exactly this in the 106 season.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jul 2018 09:01

Reading qualified for the Champions League in the 106 season?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 02 Jul 2018 10:31

Scutterbucketz
Zammo It's not coming home.

Yes it is.

You are right.

IT IS COMING HOME !

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Jul 2018 10:54

literally no issue with resting the 1st team players/getting the others a bit of game time in a nothing match, personally. and I think the mouth frothing nonsense reaction has gone way to far. I think it was exactly the right decision

france rested half their team, including mbappe for their 3rd game. did them no harm whatsoever,

if we lose in the Columbia game it will have literally oxf*rd all to do with momentum, or whatever else the morons are whingeing about.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Jul 2018 11:05

Maneki Neko literally no issue with resting the 1st team players/getting the others a bit of game time in a nothing match, personally. and I think the mouth frothing nonsense reaction has gone way to far. I think it was exactly the right decision

france rested half their team, including mbappe for their 3rd game. did them no harm whatsoever,

if we lose in the Columbia game it will have literally oxf*rd all to do with momentum, or whatever else the morons are whingeing about.

I didn't agree with it at all but Southgate has maintained all along that it's a squad. Everything he has done has been to ensure that all the players feel a part of the process so if they're called upon they'll be ready and invested. He's been a part of squads as a player so clearly understands the importance of that over a lengthy tournament.

I think we will lose to Columbia but I don't think it will have anything to do with his Belgium selection and everything to do with the fact I believe Columbia are a very good side who will reach the final.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2018 18:03

I thought it was the wrong decision at the time and I stand by that. Some changes, fine, but wholesale changes is never a good idea for me and it showed in the team performance. The side just didn't look like a coherent team.

Clearly it hasn't backfired, but that doesn't mean it was right or best. Otherwise Southgate is almost faultless. My only complaint is that Sterling, Alli and Lingard is one flair player too many and Alli and Sterling haven't really justified their places ahead of Rashford and Loftus-Cheek / Delph yet...

It hasn't hurt us yet though.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 18:18

Snowflake Royal I thought it was the wrong decision at the time and I stand by that. Some changes, fine, but wholesale changes is never a good idea for me and it showed in the team performance. The side just didn't look like a coherent team.

Clearly it hasn't backfired, but that doesn't mean it was right or best. Otherwise Southgate is almost faultless. My only complaint is that Sterling, Alli and Lingard is one flair player too many and Alli and Sterling haven't really justified their places ahead of Rashford and Loftus-Cheek / Delph yet...

fcuking hell but you don't half rate yourself

Have a day off Ian.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jul 2018 22:18

Snowflake Royal I thought it was the wrong decision at the time and I stand by that. Some changes, fine, but wholesale changes is never a good idea for me and it showed in the team performance. The side just didn't look like a coherent team.

I think Sterling has been pretty good to be fair. He’s created a lot of space and caused all 3 defenders no end of problems with his running, be that in behind, with the ball or coming deep to take it off the midfield.

Rashford has done very little in his appearances to suggest he should be in the side instead, especially when he and Kane don’t seem to be a natural partnership.

141 posts