England v Belgium

141 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: England v Belgium

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2018 22:50

Hoop Blah
Snowflake Royal I thought it was the wrong decision at the time and I stand by that. Some changes, fine, but wholesale changes is never a good idea for me and it showed in the team performance. The side just didn't look like a coherent team.

Clearly it hasn't backfired, but that doesn't mean it was right or best. Otherwise Southgate is almost faultless. My only complaint is that Sterling, Alli and Lingard is one flair player too many and Alli and Sterling haven't really justified their places ahead of Rashford and Loftus-Cheek / Delph yet...

It hasn't hurt us yet though.

I think Sterling has been pretty good to be fair. He’s created a lot of space and caused all 3 defenders no end of problems with his running, be that in behind, with the ball or coming deep to take it off the midfield.

Rashford has done very little in his appearances to suggest he should be in the side instead, especially when he and Kane don’t seem to be a natural partnership.

Willing to admit Sterling's one of those players I just don't like. There's just been too many terrible first touches or runs into a tackle and England haven't created a great deal in open play. His off the ball work has been decent.

Rashford poses more of a goal threat and something out of nothing moment than Sterling, for England at least, and Sterling has had a fair chance.

Small things.

141 posts