Imagine that first Prem promotion party

But all over the fcuking country!

TheSpread

Re: Club v Country

by TheSpread » 10 Jul 2018 10:47

Uke Country

What would those confused souls who think they're European over being English do though?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Jul 2018 10:51

TheSpread
Uke Country

What would those confused souls who think they're European over being English do though?

Understand that the two are not mutually exclusive like being British and English.

It's so simple even Kes would have understood that.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jul 2018 12:02

LUX RFC> England, but I get very emotional watching both.

I thought you were French.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Jul 2018 12:17

Pepe the Horseman

He's Luxumbourgish

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Jul 2018 13:01

all three.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Jul 2018 13:10

bobby1413
Pepe the Horseman

He's Luxumbourgish

he's a p.....etc

lol jk xx :wink: 8) :mrgreen:

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 10 Jul 2018 14:26

I would gladly watch Reading Football Club sink into administration, disappearing without a trace, if it meant England would win the world cup.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Jul 2018 14:28

Sebastian the Red I would gladly watch Reading Football Club sink into administration, disappearing without a trace, if it meant England would win the world cup.

:o :shock:

If RFC failed to exist, my life would have a massive void in it. A bigger void than already exists. It would be even more serious than HNA ceasing to exist

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Jul 2018 16:16

bobby1413
Sebastian the Red I would gladly watch Reading Football Club sink into administration, disappearing without a trace, if it meant England would win the world cup.

:o :shock:

If RFC failed to exist, my life would have a massive void in it. A bigger void than already exists. It would be even more serious than HNA ceasing to exist

Get the fukk outta here :o

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Jul 2018 16:19

Quite the opposite (can a England go bankrupt? Guess we find out after brexit extension runs out).

Reading >>>>> England.

I've been apathetic about England since the early 2000s*, but have to say this year feels different.

*the love really died when we got to the prem

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 10 Jul 2018 19:11

I’ve seen us reach the Prem twice but have only seen us win the WC once so I’ll go for country

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Jul 2018 19:45

Wales winning the WC for me. Never happen though.
It would mean 4 years of gloating rather than one season and everyone moving on after a couple of months of you winning it anyway. Leicesters achievement rarely gets mentioned now where as every Wales game your World Champions for 4 whole years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2018 22:21

Reading win PL > Reading win FA Cup > England win World Cup > Reading win League Cup > England win Euros > England making a World Cup Final > Reading winning the Champions League > England Euros Final > Reading winning a Play Off Final > England World Cup Semi > England Euro Semil > Reading Championship winners > England World Cup Qs > England Euro Qs > Reading Championship Runners up

Club vs Country is surely going to depend on who your team is and what their history is of winning things? Man Utd and Chelsea fans for example would surely be more up for the England win, as they've had the club title thing regularly and likely will again in the not too distant future, by comparison an England win is a rare and beautiful thing. Reading actually having a major trophy is way rarer than an England World Cup win though, so would be much more special.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Jul 2018 22:27

I’ve finally voted Country. We all need this. Not just some of us. The people jumping on ambulances aren’t representative of the other millions of people jumping up and down in their front rooms in wild abandon.

ICH

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Jul 2018 22:47

We in England are very much a club culture especially at the top table. When England play what teams do you see on the flags? Always lower league clubs Rochdale,Bristol, Barnsley ect. You never see Chelsea United or Liverpool. Because they don’t give a toss about England. An Arsenal fan would rather see a team full of foreigners managed by a Frenchmen club owned by an American win the Champions League than England win the World Cup. The irony being that they would take England flags with Arsenal badges to the final! One thing that has never changed since international football started is players come from clubs and to have a successful national side you need as many players as possible playing at the highest level the champions league. Do the Arabs at city, the Glazers at United, Abramovich at Chelsea care about England? No they just want to protect there investment and that sadly means the best foreign players ahead of young English talent.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Jul 2018 23:15

Jackson Corner We in England are very much a club culture especially at the top table. When England play what teams do you see on the flags? Always lower league clubs Rochdale,Bristol, Barnsley ect. You never see Chelsea United or Liverpool. Because they don’t give a toss about England. An Arsenal fan would rather see a team full of foreigners managed by a Frenchmen club owned by an American win the Champions League than England win the World Cup. The irony being that they would take England flags with Arsenal badges to the final! One thing that has never changed since international football started is players come from clubs and to have a successful national side you need as many players as possible playing at the highest level the champions league. Do the Arabs at city, the Glazers at United, Abramovich at Chelsea care about England? No they just want to protect there investment and that sadly means the best foreign players ahead of young English talent.

+1

Because the majority of their fans don’t need to chase glory. They’ve experienced it at some point or another, over the last decade or so. The rest of us haven’t. And we want it. So do this England team. ICH

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Jul 2018 09:16

Sorry, but we’ve had this question posed half a dozen times since the beginning of HNA and “club” has always won by a mile. That’s because the national team have been disappointing for the most part. We now have a team we can get behind/ is close to glory, so vote for them. If we don’t win it, I bet opinions will revert to trend by the autumn.
Come on England.