Nations League & Friendlies

506 posts
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Nations League & Friendlies

by Theroyalbox » 19 Mar 2019 16:29

LWJ Out there for this, looking forward to it.

ENGEEERRRRLANDDDDD

Lads worth checking your emails, we just got a bunch of tickets for semis and final! keeemooon.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 19 Mar 2019 16:30

Pepe the Horseman
Theroyalbox
LWJ

Here ya go.

Tickets for the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals will go on sale to the general public via UEFA.com on Wednesday 30 January 2019 at 14:00CET.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-u ... 89642.html

. Pepe see above didn't know how to tag you both

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2019 18:53

Theroyalbox
Pepe the Horseman
Theroyalbox

Here ya go.

Tickets for the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals will go on sale to the general public via UEFA.com on Wednesday 30 January 2019 at 14:00CET.

Thanks mate. I'm already IN for both cos I signed up to the England Away Supporters Club. Should be a cracking week!

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 Mar 2019 11:59

Pepe the Horseman
Theroyalbox
Pepe the Horseman Here ya go.

Thanks mate. I'm already IN for both cos I signed up to the England Away Supporters Club. Should be a cracking week!

Yeah, got mine too. Really excited now.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 27 Mar 2019 13:45

Watched the US draw 1-1 with Chile last night and was impressed by Matt Miazga. Calm and composed on the ball throughout. Started off playing as the right CB in a flat back four and ended up in a back three as Chile dominated possession. Dealt particularly well with Chile's high press. Got a bit concerned late on as he seemed to be limping from a knock, but played the entire ninety minutes. Co-comm Taylor Twellman mentioned that he seemed to have grown as a player because of his involvement in a relegation battle at Reading!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Mar 2019 11:02

Ark Royal Watched the US draw 1-1 with Chile last night and was impressed by Matt Miazga. Calm and composed on the ball throughout. Started off playing as the right CB in a flat back four and ended up in a back three as Chile dominated possession. Dealt particularly well with Chile's high press. Got a bit concerned late on as he seemed to be limping from a knock, but played the entire ninety minutes. Co-comm Taylor Twellman mentioned that he seemed to have grown as a player because of his involvement in a relegation battle at Reading!

Thanks for that Ark, good to get a view of him against a good international side and to get a view of how he has improved since playing for us.

He has been playing on the right of Moore for us as well.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Mar 2019 19:28

Ark Royal Watched the US draw 1-1 with Chile last night and was impressed by Matt Miazga. Calm and composed on the ball throughout. Started off playing as the right CB in a flat back four and ended up in a back three as Chile dominated possession. Dealt particularly well with Chile's high press. Got a bit concerned late on as he seemed to be limping from a knock, but played the entire ninety minutes. Co-comm Taylor Twellman mentioned that he seemed to have grown as a player because of his involvement in a relegation battle at Reading!

When I started reading this I thought "please don't say he got injured" and then.............

Hopefully it is only minor as he is very much a key player now in our survival battle.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 May 2019 08:35

Have Englands chances of winning this taken a massive hit now due to the success of PL clubs in Europe?

The Champions League Final is on the 1st June - England play the Netherlands in the Semi Final on the 6th Jun - just 5 days later.

If Arsenal & Chelsea make the EL Final on May 29th then using the last Nations League 18 as a guide then 8 of that 18 will be involved in key finals the week before the Nations League finals.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 10 May 2019 12:06

Possibly, but how many of that last 18 were irreplaceable? I cant' see a list anywhere but I'm guessing only Kane, and he's just had a few weeks off. Right-back as well but there's always Walker to play there. Southgate won't mind chucking someone new in if his usual lot are shattered, and so far that's worked out quite well for him.

They'll all be ok for the final anyway :D

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 13 May 2019 09:32

Not far off now, chaps who are going... When are you flying in? Got tickets for the games and where are you most looking forward to going?

Lets get it!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 May 2019 12:20

Stranded Have Englands chances of winning this taken a massive hit now due to the success of PL clubs in Europe?

The Champions League Final is on the 1st June - England play the Netherlands in the Semi Final on the 6th Jun - just 5 days later.

If Arsenal & Chelsea make the EL Final on May 29th then using the last Nations League 18 as a guide then 8 of that 18 will be involved in key finals the week before the Nations League finals.

I was thinking this the other day but as Liverpool and Tottenham have 3 weeks rest before the final I doubt it's too much of an issue, although I'm sure Southgate would prefer it if those 3 weeks were all for him

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 13 May 2019 15:18

In for Portugal.

Flying out on the Tuesday, back the following Monday. Tickets for both games sorted 8)

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2019 14:59

How on earth is James Madison not in that England squad???? :shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2019 15:01

Winston Biscuit How on earth is James Madison not in that England squad???? :shock:

Yeah, would've thought he would be a shoe-in. Guess he will be one of the first called up if there are any injuries.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2019 15:09

Lingard and Redmond in there ahead of Madison seems f*cking nuts.

I saw the squad list and genuinely wondered if they had made some typo or accidental omission

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 20 May 2019 13:30

2 weeks today until I am flying out. Anyone got any plans/vague idea what they are doing when they are out there?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 May 2019 15:16

Theroyalbox 2 weeks today until I am flying out. Anyone got any plans/vague idea what they are doing when they are out there?

I'm flying out on the Wed, back on the Mon. I'm staying in Ancora, about an hour away from Porto and Guimaraes. Will probs just be chilling by the beach most days, then getting drunk and battering the locals on matchdays.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 May 2019 19:40

Silver Fox
Stranded Have Englands chances of winning this taken a massive hit now due to the success of PL clubs in Europe?

I was thinking this the other day but as Liverpool and Tottenham have 3 weeks rest before the final I doubt it's too much of an issue, although I'm sure Southgate would prefer it if those 3 weeks were all for him

I imagine that it'll be more of a mental fatigue over the physical side of things, or issues in dealing with the disappointment of losing for one set of players.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 May 2019 11:12

Out on the Tuesday back on the Monday.

0 tickets so will be buying out there. No idea on plans there is a group of 20 of us going

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 22 May 2019 12:16

LWJ Out on the Tuesday back on the Monday.

0 tickets so will be buying out there. No idea on plans there is a group of 20 of us going

We're travelling in a big group too - apparently you can do boat tours of Porto with a bar on board and stuff. Looks good, will try and find a link for it.

506 posts