Nations League & Friendlies

521 posts
Kulshaw72RFC

Re: Nations League & Friendlies

by Kulshaw72RFC » 12 Oct 2018 09:35

Ascotexgunner Nice of Gunter to turn his back on the Spanish shot that went in. Talk about amateur defending. Nonce.

Harsh

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Oct 2018 09:37

Ascotexgunner Nice of Gunter to turn his back on the Spanish shot that went in. Talk about amateur defending. Nonce.

Saw that. Completely amatuer defending that we as Reading supporters have become used to. No idea how the bloke is continually picked for club and country with the form he is in, defies any logic.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Oct 2018 09:47

Scotland were woeful last night against pretty weak opposition, embarrassing stuff

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 09:48

Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Scotland were utterly hopeless. How has James Forrest not started? Why is Kieran Tierney a centre back all of a sudden? I predict Mcleish will go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in their history. Clueless old dinosaur.

Two of their best players are left backs, and I think Tierney has probably played there a bit. Much like Kyle Walker, Arron Cresswell, Stuart Pearce and Gary Neville, some fullbacks can slot in there really well. Some can't of course, but I can see why they'd give it a go with Robertson and Tierney in the squad.

He didn't look like he'd played there before thats for sure. Get what you mean though about them both having to play. I guess the safer way would be to have one left back and one as a left midfielder possibly interchanging throughout the game.

I watched a bit of the 2nd half - that O.G. was a thing of true beauty

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Oct 2018 10:03

Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Scotland were utterly hopeless. How has James Forrest not started? Why is Kieran Tierney a centre back all of a sudden? I predict Mcleish will go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in their history. Clueless old dinosaur.

Two of their best players are left backs, and I think Tierney has probably played there a bit. Much like Kyle Walker, Arron Cresswell, Stuart Pearce and Gary Neville, some fullbacks can slot in there really well. Some can't of course, but I can see why they'd give it a go with Robertson and Tierney in the squad.

He didn't look like he'd played there before thats for sure. Get what you mean though about them both having to play. I guess the safer way would be to have one left back and one as a left midfielder possibly interchanging throughout the game.

Robertson does a very good job for Liverpool offensively. Im sure he could easily play wide midfield for Scotland and give them options going forward.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 10:18

Ascotexgunner Robertson does a very good job for Liverpool offensively. Im sure he could easily play wide midfield for Scotland and give them options going forward.

Agreed, that would possibly be the obvious way or doing things.

Robertson's crossing is excellent, but I guess the worry would be that he is so effective because he joins from deep and overlaps. Starting as a wide midfielder with a full back then overlapping you is quite different though.

I'd expect them to try a bit of both though, and suffice to say last nights experiment didn't work!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Oct 2018 14:21

They could always try McNulty.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 14:31

Sutekh They could always try McNulty.

Haha.

Back on planet earth, they didn't even play Snodgrass which was their issue with the flanks. Probably the best Scottish player and he didn't even travel

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 15:17

John Smith Snodgrass...Probably the best Scottish player...

Really? :shock:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 15:19

Hoop Blah

Ye. That's how dross they are. Who'd be your pick?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 15:31

John Smith
Hoop Blah

Clearly the one who played a significant part in his side getting the Champions League final and being one of the best sides to watch in the country (if not Europe).

I don't think there's been a better left back in the Premier League than Robertson since he secured his place in the Liverpool team.

In the meantime Snodgrass struggled to get a game at West Ham before dropping down to the Championship.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 15:47

Hoop Blah
John Smith
Hoop Blah

Clearly the one who played a significant part in his side getting the Champions League final and being one of the best sides to watch in the country (if not Europe).

I don't think there's been a better left back in the Premier League than Robertson since he secured his place in the Liverpool team.

In the meantime Snodgrass struggled to get a game at West Ham before dropping down to the Championship.

What a joke. You're a Liverpool fan aren't you?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Oct 2018 17:58

John Smith What a joke. You're a Liverpool fan aren't you?

Go on then, which bit of that do you want to disagree with?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Oct 2018 20:39

Blimey this is riveting stuff.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 13 Oct 2018 10:13

Nowhere else to put it but Salah injured himself scoring direct from a corner against eSwatini.

Yes I had to google them aswell.

tulip
Hob Nob Addict

by tulip » 14 Oct 2018 12:27

I don't understand this tournament at all but the Dutch beat the Germans resoundingly yesterday so it's great, I guess?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 14 Oct 2018 18:24

tulip I don't understand this tournament at all but the Dutch beat the Germans resoundingly yesterday so it's great, I guess?

I think so, but unsure how seriously teams take it.

Gibraltar won their first competitive game yesterday which is nice.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Oct 2018 22:24

Italy getting a last second winner away at Poland. Italy look like they are on their way back, Mancini getting their shit in order.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Oct 2018 13:49

Old Man Andrews Italy getting a last second winner away at Poland. Italy look like they are on their way back, Mancini getting their shit in order.

On their way back? A last minute win over Poland on the back of a 1-1 draw with Ukraine.

Not sure I'd see that a great progression, it certainly wouldn't be sold that way if it were England, regardless of the performances.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 14:02

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Italy getting a last second winner away at Poland. Italy look like they are on their way back, Mancini getting their shit in order.

On their way back? A last minute win over Poland on the back of a 1-1 draw with Ukraine.

Not sure I'd see that a great progression, it certainly wouldn't be sold that way if it were England, regardless of the performances.

Beating Poland away is no mean feat. Of course they are far from world beater, not claiming that but they are certainly better than they were a year ago. Holland are probably making the bigger strides thus far from what I have seen. Their decent young talent are gaining confidence game by game.

521 posts