Weekend Football

6098 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by Sutekh » 20 Feb 2024 10:23

Agree. It'll be a real struggle for Liverpool with the likes of TAA, Jota, Szboszlai, Thiago, Jones and maybe even Nunez all crocked, leaves them largely relying on kids (even if they are a selection of exceptionally good kids) to step up and fill some of the gaps.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Feb 2024 10:18

I gather that there are changes next season - but it remains utterly silly that Man City v Brentford last night, and Liverpool v Luton tonight, be only available to watch legally outside of the UK, owing to blackout rules, and these games being moved outside of periods of TV fixture allocation.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Feb 2024 21:20

6ft Kerplunk Can't see Luton getting stuffed. Liverpool have a lot of injuries and half an eye on the cup final.

What an idiot.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Feb 2024 07:17

6ft Kerplunk
6ft Kerplunk Can't see Luton getting stuffed. Liverpool have a lot of injuries and half an eye on the cup final.

What an idiot.

It was looking good for the first 45 :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Feb 2024 07:39

Sanguine I gather that there are changes next season - but it remains utterly silly that Man City v Brentford last night, and Liverpool v Luton tonight, be only available to watch legally outside of the UK, owing to blackout rules, and these games being moved outside of periods of TV fixture allocation.

I fully support the Saturday 3pm blackout rule, but was surprised to learn it extends to midweek games too. I wouldn’t be opposed to amending.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Feb 2024 07:56

WestYorksRoyal
Sanguine I gather that there are changes next season - but it remains utterly silly that Man City v Brentford last night, and Liverpool v Luton tonight, be only available to watch legally outside of the UK, owing to blackout rules, and these games being moved outside of periods of TV fixture allocation.

I fully support the Saturday 3pm blackout rule, but was surprised to learn it extends to midweek games too. I wouldn’t be opposed to amending.

Doesn't the new TV deal do away with this stupidity altogether leaving just the blackout as only 3pm on Saturday?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Feb 2024 08:03

WestYorksRoyal

These ones were to do with UEFA rules not allowing televised games at the same time as CL games

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Feb 2024 08:18

Winston Biscuit
WestYorksRoyal

These ones were to do with UEFA rules not allowing televised games at the same time as CL games

UEFA can do one, which fan is going to stay in and watch UEFA's overblown rubbish if their own domestic team is playing?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Feb 2024 08:52

WestYorksRoyal

I think it is because these games were originally planned for the weekend, but had to be rearranged due to the League Cup final and as such are still considered "Saturday" games.

Which does seem a bit backwards.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 22 Feb 2024 09:22

Hendo
6ft Kerplunk

What an idiot.

It was looking good for the first 45 :lol:

Trust me I was ready with the told you so post at halftime.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Feb 2024 09:46

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal

I think it is because these games were originally planned for the weekend, but had to be rearranged due to the League Cup final and as such are still considered "Saturday" games.

The Citeh game was actually rearranged from when they were in the World Club Championship I believe

And the reason it couldn't be televised was because there was a league game in the royal county that night

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Feb 2024 11:02

Hendo
WestYorksRoyal

If it helps, both games were live over here. :wink:

Anyway, I believe the issue here is caused by UEFA. Because they like to spread the round of 16 in the CL over a whole month (killing any momentum on intrest in individual ties in the process), these PL games had to be scheduled against them.

This caused 2 issues.

1. The matches could not kick off at the same time as the CL games.
2. No live top flight football is allowed to be shown on TV in its country at the same time as CL games but can abroad hence why I could watch the game last night but UK based Nobbers couldn't, without a VPN/dodgy feed.

If it weren't for the above then the games may have been shown live. The other option, if they wanted to show them live, is have the game kick off so there is no overlap with the CL games. So Sky/TNT could have shown either but with a 6pm UK time kick off.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Feb 2024 12:34

Stranded
Hendo
WestYorksRoyal I fully support the Saturday 3pm blackout rule, but was surprised to learn it extends to midweek games too. I wouldn’t be opposed to amending.

If it helps, both games were live over here. :wink:

Anyway, I believe the issue here is caused by UEFA. Because they like to spread the round of 16 in the CL over a whole month (killing any momentum on intrest in individual ties in the process), these PL games had to be scheduled against them.

This caused 2 issues.

1. The matches could not kick off at the same time as the CL games.
2. No live top flight football is allowed to be shown on TV in its country at the same time as CL games but can abroad hence why I could watch the game last night but UK based Nobbers couldn't, without a VPN/dodgy feed.

If it weren't for the above then the games may have been shown live. The other option, if they wanted to show them live, is have the game kick off so there is no overlap with the CL games. So Sky/TNT could have shown either but with a 6pm UK time kick off.

Which, of course, would rightly trigger the supporter complaints about being able to get to grounds in time for the kick off.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Feb 2024 15:21

6ft Kerplunk

What an idiot.

:lol:

One for the stattos, hello Sangers, but Liverpool's "points from losing positions" must be at record levels this year, thanks to their tactic of letting the opposition score first pretty much every time

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Feb 2024 15:29

Silver Fox One for the stattos, hello Sangers, but Liverpool's "points from losing positions" must be at record levels this year, thanks to their tactic of letting the opposition score first pretty much every time
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-02-22 15-28-32.png
Screenshot from 2024-02-22 15-28-32.png (80.1 KiB) Viewed 382 times

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Feb 2024 21:44

Scenes/limbs at Ellend Road!!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Feb 2024 07:07

Winston Biscuit Scenes/limbs at Ellend Road!!

I missed the renaming ceremony :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Feb 2024 10:52

It's a typo. He missed off the B.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Feb 2024 15:30

I used to like Klopp but I now can't wait for him to go. Moaning crybaby.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Feb 2024 16:32

F*CK off Carragher your embarrassing. It was offside....that's the rule.
Why do we have to listen to this biased cry baby shit. They are supposed to be impartial.

6098 posts