LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by BR0B0T » 22 Jan 2018 21:26

They lack the creativity now that Coutihno has gone and VVD isn't the answer to their defensive issues

(just making this up...seems to be what everyone else does)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2018 08:51

That result is so Liverpool and a glaring reason why they will not win the league.

Yes you can beat Man City, well done you. But the games you have to win, those which title winners don't lose, is the ones against teams you should be beating towards the bottom of the league.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2018 08:56

Bit annoying that Spurs dropped points on Saturday given the Liverpool result.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jan 2018 09:17

Hendo That result is so Liverpool and a glaring reason why they will not win the league.

Yes you can beat Man City, well done you. But the games you have to win, those which title winners don't lose, is the ones against teams you should be beating towards the bottom of the league.

Read this earlier. Lazy journalism in my view. Prior to last night they were unbeaten in 18 games, winning lots of that sort of game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2018 09:28

Sanguine
Hendo That result is so Liverpool and a glaring reason why they will not win the league.

Read this earlier. Lazy journalism in my view. Prior to last night they were unbeaten in 18 games, winning lots of that sort of game.

It isn't just this season though, it seems to be every year. They will beat one of the big boys in an epic game and then follow it up with a poor result against one of the teams they should be beating. Or they somehow manage snatch defeat (or draws) from the jaws of victory, 2-0 up away at Arsenal this season for example.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 23 Jan 2018 09:32

Side note how good was Alfie mawson last night

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jan 2018 11:01

Hendo
Sanguine

It isn't just this season though, it seems to be every year. They will beat one of the big boys in an epic game and then follow it up with a poor result against one of the teams they should be beating. Or they somehow manage snatch defeat (or draws) from the jaws of victory, 2-0 up away at Arsenal this season for example.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's been a problem, I just don't think journalists have picked up on it being much less of a problem than it used to be. They are 6 points behind United, who in a 'normal' season would probably be top, or close to it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Jan 2018 11:10

Sanguine
Hendo
Sanguine

Don't get me wrong, I know it's been a problem, I just don't think journalists have picked up on it being much less of a problem than it used to be. They are 6 points behind United, who in a 'normal' season would probably be top, or close to it.

I agree, it certainly seems to have been less of a problem this year for them, but it just keeps happening and until they cut out results against those teams, they won't win the league. That and they need a 'keeper who is actually half decent.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 23 Jan 2018 15:20

they've been involved in some great games this season, are exciting to watch. But that is because you just know they'll screw it up when you least expect it. Bit like Spurs tbh.

Liverpool's big hope of saving their season* is to get far in the CL, they have a reasonable draw in Porto.

* of course, hanging on to fourth place is important too.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2018 20:22

Title winners win most games. TBH, the most important thing for any team to do is not lose to their immediate rivals, because they're then directly depriving them of points, winning is better because you're actively taking points from them. If you're going to drop points, do it against teams at the further parts of the table from you.

I don't think anyone's surprised Liverpool got a LOLLY result. And they're certainly not in any way title contenders.

double d

by double d » 23 Jan 2018 21:02

Snowflake Royal

Title winners win most games. TBH, the most important thing for any team to do is not lose to their immediate rivals, because they're then directly depriving them of points, winning is better because you're actively taking points from them. If you're going to drop points, do it against teams at the further parts of the table from you.

I don't think anyone's surprised Liverpool got a LOLLY result. And they're certainly not in any way title contenders.

Yet again Ian you are wrong. Every team is a title contender...... what are they all playing (aka contending) for? The Title of champions! ERGO every team is a title contender.

What you should have said was potential serious title winner/contender.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jan 2018 22:13

Not enough :| s in the world.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jan 2018 00:31

Swansea are having to contend with being a bit shit.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Jan 2018 22:55

8)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Feb 2018 18:28

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2018 18:29

Think how much VAR would've ruined the drama of those last ten minutes. That's what football is all about.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Feb 2018 19:05

Seeing a LOT of Liverpool fans saying the second one wasn't a pen...are they fecking high or summat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzTJ0K-eLZM

The first one is much more dubious, offside and a little bit divey!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Feb 2018 19:19

BR0B0T The first one is much more dubious, offside and a little bit divey!

Agreed. I'm not convinced that Lovren touching the ball should negate Kane's offside state based on the current interpretation of interfering.

I know I definitely think it shouldn't change things as Kane being there 100% influences the play, and it's where the law has become ridiculous IMO.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Feb 2018 19:32

My understanding is that the first phase of play where Kane is in an offside position is negated by Lovren touching it. It essentially ends the phase and starts a new phase.

It's a sh*t rule though and is not implemented consistently.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Feb 2018 20:48

Winston Biscuit My understanding is that the first phase of play where Kane is in an offside position is negated by Lovren touching it. It essentially ends the phase and starts a new phase.

It's a sh*t rule though and is not implemented consistently.

Yep, I get the principal they're applying but I'm just not convinced it's how the interpretation of the law and current guidance is supposed to be applied.

I'm probably just being biased because, as you say, it's a shit rule and it's one of my biggest gripes with the laws as they stand. There's no way that that's two phases of play and there's no way that Kane isn't interfering with play or gaining an advantage in doing so.

8640 posts