LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
double d

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by double d » 15 Mar 2018 20:28

Posted that above but so WTAFAFAFAGAGAGAGAGFAFAFAFAF its worth another.

How in gods name does not one person spot that. Pfucking disgusting. I am going to protest at topman in reading at the weekend.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2018 20:36

OK apparently it's a reference to a Bob Marley song released in 1996 called "What Goes Around Comes Around" and has lyrics in it mentioning Karma.

Still can't believe that wasn't picked up by someone, though... :lol:

double d

by double d » 15 Mar 2018 20:37

Hmmmmm.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2018 08:49

genome OK apparently it's a reference to a Bob Marley song released in 1996 called "What Goes Around Comes Around" and has lyrics in it mentioning Karma.

Yep and the bloke who runs fernandos peri peri chicken had no idea it could any way be confused with Nando's

Or maybe the world really was demanding a t-shirt referencing an obscure Bob Marley release and the year it was remastered

TBF I don't for a second think Top Man meant to have a dig at Hillsborough but it's not hard to interpret it that way and it needs to go really

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Mar 2018 09:02

Much like the Cheeky Monkey t-shirt advert, it's just bizarre that it got through the process.

I'm not sure what I think here either. I can't imagine Top Man were trying to be controversial but I also can't see how this t-shirt was designed, in red, with the 96 linking with the lyrics unless it was intended.

I've not seen anything official to say the Marley reference is right, and usually anything to do with Marley would carry his iconic face on it too and yet there's nothing to actually suggest it's anything to do with Marley on the rest of the shirt.

Very bizarre.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2018 09:19

Silver Fox
genome OK apparently it's a reference to a Bob Marley song released in 1996 called "What Goes Around Comes Around" and has lyrics in it mentioning Karma.

Yep and the bloke who runs fernandos peri peri chicken had no idea it could any way be confused with Nando's

Or maybe the world really was demanding a t-shirt referencing an obscure Bob Marley release and the year it was remastered

TBF I don't for a second think Top Man meant to have a dig at Hillsborough but it's not hard to interpret it that way and it needs to go really

No I completely agree

You'd think someone in the t-shirt vetting process would be a football fan and have some idea of Hillsborough

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 Mar 2018 09:25

genome No I completely agree

You'd think someone in the t-shirt vetting process would be a football fan and have some idea of Hillsborough

It's current affairs as much as football though, so it's not like it was a small story that only the football community would pick up on.

It makes me wonder if a designer put it through as a prank and it's just somehow got through.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Mar 2018 10:06

From Topman: "Topman apologises unreservedly for any offence caused by this t-shirt. The design was inspired by a Bob Marley track with the number referring to the year of re-release. The garment has been removed from sale online and in stores."

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2018 11:30

genome The design was inspired by a Bob Marley track with the number referring to the year of re-release.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Mar 2018 19:20

Hoop Blah Much like the Cheeky Monkey t-shirt advert, it's just bizarre that it got through the process.

I'm not sure what I think here either. I can't imagine Top Man were trying to be controversial but I also can't see how this t-shirt was designed, in red, with the 96 linking with the lyrics unless it was intended.

I've not seen anything official to say the Marley reference is right, and usually anything to do with Marley would carry his iconic face on it too and yet there's nothing to actually suggest it's anything to do with Marley on the rest of the shirt.

Very bizarre.

This has got arsehole designer with a Liverpool grudge selling it as a Marley design to unsuspecting chumps who know nothing about football all over it for my more cynical side.

It's just too many coincidences - why red (it was only red wasn't it)? Why the remastered version of the album rather than the original? Why no clear reference to Marley on the shirt other than the album name? Why the rose?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 31 Mar 2018 13:33

LOLiverpool

just getting the lols in now as they'll prolly turn it around....as Lincoln said "he who LOL's last LOL's longest"

oh and a "fallon d'floor" worthy dive for Mane sees him booked

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Apr 2018 10:09

James Milner joins Twitter and parodies the Boring Jamies Milner account. :)

@JamesMilner Apr 1
What Easter is all about... trying to find the perfect sized mini egg #10mm #HappyEaster

@JamesMilner Mar 22
#TBT to yesterday.... when I wasn't on Twitter!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Apr 2018 08:47

Sanguine James Milner joins Twitter and parodies the Boring Jamies Milner account. :)

Its a thing of beauty :)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Apr 2018 11:00

Mo Salah with a thoroughly deserved PFA player of the year award. TBF to moany old Pep it was probably fairly close between him and De Bruyne but you've got to love a goal machine

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Apr 2018 12:28

It must've been close between them.

Will be interesting to see if MS can continue his form into next year, whereas I expect KdB to be one of the best players in the league again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Apr 2018 14:03

Hendo It must've been close between them.

Will be interesting to see if MS can continue his form into next year, whereas I expect KdB to be one of the best players in the league again.

Doubtful as he'll be expected to play in the shadow of Ronaldo at the Bernabau. Should start comfortably ahead of Bale though, who could well be available this summer.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Apr 2018 14:07

M8! If you're going to do a Kes you need to throw in a "playing for a big club" too!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Apr 2018 14:39

Silver Fox M8! If you're going to do a Kes you need to throw in a "playing for a big club" too!

True. It was a weak moment brought on by a lack of sleep.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Apr 2018 09:53

Sanguine James Milner joins Twitter and parodies the Boring Jamies Milner account. :)

I like this guy.

James Milner Verified account
@JamesMilner
Training in the sun - perfect for my invisible ice cream gag #redface #factor50

:lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2018 10:28

He does come across as a David Batty/Paul Scholes type player, level headed, quietly and efficiently gets on with the job and not even he slightest bit up his own arse.

8632 posts