LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 08:16

BR0B0T [Ctrl c] + [Ctrl v]

Loris Karius has had a howler playing for Liverpool tonight.

Guardian article on the above says '....with Roma’s valuation of Alisson proving prohibitive'.

Klopp I really like as a manager of players, and maybe his hands are tied by FSG, but he sometimes seems slow to accept the need to improve the squad. Liverpool might have got Van Dijk six months earlier had Klopp really pushed for the transfer and at first he seemed reluctant to improve on Lovren and Matip. Now Liverpool are arguing over £10m or so on the Alisson fee when Karius is clearly not yet up to it.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jul 2018 08:23

Sanguine
BR0B0T [Ctrl c] + [Ctrl v]

Loris Karius has had a howler playing for Liverpool tonight.

Guardian article on the above says '....with Roma’s valuation of Alisson proving prohibitive'.

Klopp I really like as a manager of players, and maybe his hands are tied by FSG, but he sometimes seems slow to accept the need to improve the squad. Liverpool might have got Van Dijk six months earlier had Klopp really pushed for the transfer and at first he seemed reluctant to improve on Lovren and Matip. Now Liverpool are arguing over £10m or so on the Alisson fee when Karius is clearly not yet up to it.

Think Liverpool could do a lot worse than Kasper Schmeichel or Jack Butland. Both would surely be affordable and an upgrade? Lets face it my dead nan would be an upgrade on Karius.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Jul 2018 10:36

Butland would seem the obvious choice but you've also got 2 England internationals at Burnley. Either would be an upgrade on Karius and neither would cost £20m.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 12:12

Maybe, although Southampton just paid £13.5m for Angus Gunn.

We've got a lot of talented young keepers at the moment.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Jul 2018 12:36

I've said it before, but I think Butland is an obvious move for Liverpool and a clear improvement on what they've got. With Stoke going down he's surely going to be available for less than his potential value based on ability and experience.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Jul 2018 13:48

Hard to believe Butland made his England debut 6 years ago, and he only has 8 caps. I like him, but have a feeling he might be his generation's Nigel Martyn, always second or third in the pecking order, at international level at least. Very talented, I agree he would be a step up on Karius.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jul 2018 22:13

I think Loris Karius and Lewis Hamilton have the same PR company...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jul 2018 11:51

I think the count is at three goals conceded in pre-season as a direct result of Karius, already.
Rumour that Fulham want him, although why they'd replace the reliable Bettinelli I don't know.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jul 2018 12:05

Sanguine I think the count is at three goals conceded in pre-season as a direct result of Karius, already.
Rumour that Fulham want him, although why they'd replace the reliable Bettinelli I don't know.

He's damaged goods isn't he! I think he's going to take quite a while to get over it, mentally, and probably needs a fresh start as far away from Liverpool as possible.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2018 13:19

Hoop Blah
Sanguine I think the count is at three goals conceded in pre-season as a direct result of Karius, already.

He's damaged goods isn't he! I think he's going to take quite a while to get over it, mentally, and probably needs a fresh start as far away from Liverpool as possible.

Sadly yes, best thing for him is probably a transfer back to a mid-level Bundesliga club where he can re-build his confidence.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Sep 2018 21:57

always a pleasure 8)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Oct 2018 22:24

Wheels starting to come off now! :wink:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 08:04

Ancelotti out coached Klopp last night, quiet experience beat wild enthusiasm. This is why Liverpool will not win the league for me, Klopp lets emotion rule him.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Oct 2018 11:15

Old Man Andrews Ancelotti out coached Klopp last night, quiet experience beat wild enthusiasm. This is why Liverpool will not win the league for me, Klopp lets emotion rule him.

Most definitely. He always seems on the edge of some sort of mental breakdown, a la Keegan when Newcastle choked.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Oct 2018 14:53

Interesting that most of the media talk has been about Spurs' spirited defeat to Barcelona, and I've barely seen a mention from them about Liverpool's performance last night

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Oct 2018 14:58

genome Interesting that most of the media talk has been about Spurs' spirited defeat to Barcelona, and I've barely seen a mention from them about Liverpool's performance last night

Probably because the Spurs game for much better, more exciting, more goals.
And what do you mean 'barely seen a mention'? Every major news outlet is carrying a match report.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Oct 2018 15:08

Sanguine
genome Interesting that most of the media talk has been about Spurs' spirited defeat to Barcelona, and I've barely seen a mention from them about Liverpool's performance last night

And what do you mean 'barely seen a mention'? Every major news outlet is carrying a match report.

Talksport, SSN and 5Live spoke about it at length, about whether Kane needs to leave Spurs, whether Lloris should be sold, full articles from BBC's chief writer about whether they should really be considered among Europe's best (they had 5 first team players injured :| )

"Barely seen a mention" is obviously an exaggeration. Just nowhere near the same level of overreaction

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Oct 2018 15:16

genome
Sanguine

Talksport, SSN and 5Live spoke about it at length, about whether Kane needs to leave Spurs, whether Lloris should be sold, full articles from BBC's chief writer about whether they should really be considered among Europe's best (they had 5 first team players injured :| )

"Barely seen a mention" is obviously an exaggeration. Just nowhere near the same level of overreaction

Maybe that's because it was Liverpool's first defeat of the season, whereas Spurs have struggled in parts.

And finally, why the hell does it matter?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Oct 2018 15:19

Sanguine
genome
Sanguine

Maybe that's because it was Liverpool's first defeat of the season, whereas Spurs have struggled in parts.

And finally, why the hell does it matter?

hello!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Oct 2018 15:20

We don't decide if the League Cup matters until we know who won it, woz the rulez, I thought.

8632 posts