LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8627 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2019 13:01

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T yep, it's about time the thread title got changed to "LOLiverpooLOL 18/19 Champions"

Also they haven't played that well in the Premier League for about 3 months now.

They didn't really play that well last night either, they just got the job done exceptionally well.

Agreed.
It follows City at Schalke, Spurs at Dortmund and Man Utd at PSG where none played particularly well but found a way to win.
I hope Liverpool get drawn at home in the first leg of the Quarters because Robertson being suspended breaks up the back unit and takes away the stunning pace in attack.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2019 13:25

Victor Meldrew
Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews
Also they haven't played that well in the Premier League for about 3 months now.

They didn't really play that well last night either, they just got the job done exceptionally well.

Agreed.
It follows City at Schalke, Spurs at Dortmund and Man Utd at PSG where none played particularly well but found a way to win.
I hope Liverpool get drawn at home in the first leg of the Quarters because Robertson being suspended breaks up the back unit and takes away the stunning pace in attack.

quite a high probability that two English teams will play each other

obvs want Lpool to do ok in the CL so it hinders league performance

when is the draw?
Last edited by BR0B0T on 14 Mar 2019 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Mar 2019 13:26

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Hoop Blah

Agreed.

Depends on UEFA's rigging policy this season I guess.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Mar 2019 13:33

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Hoop Blah

Agreed.

when is the draw?

Tomorrow morning at 11.00.
I don't believe that competing on other fronts affects the League outcome.
Even Man Utd , on the rare occasion that they won a European trophy, manged everything in 2009 even if it included one of the flukiest final results of all time (if only Bayern had scored rather than hit the bar when 1-0 up :wink: ).

Success breeds success and tiredness doesn't come into it when you are winning.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Mar 2019 13:38

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

Agreed.

when is the draw?

Even Man Utd , on the rare occasion that they won a European trophy, manged everything in 2009 even if it included one of the flukiest final results of all time (if only Bayern had scored rather than hit the bar when 1-0 up :wink: ).

When you won it in 2006 (iirc) you finished 5th. Every other team was competing for their respective leagues...Liverpool rested players. You weren't able to compete on all fronts so prioritised.

More likely to pick up injuries etc if playing more games!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2019 14:24

Liverpool fans certainly seem pretty sanguine about getting knocked out of the CL if it enhances the chances of winning the league, although that probably comes from having so much success in the competition

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2019 14:44

Presume the faves are ManC and Barcelona. what are the chances on that being the final?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Mar 2019 17:15

From an English club perspective, Juventus v Barcelona in the QFs would be useful.

Have a weird feeling that the English clubs are going to be drawn against each other.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 Mar 2019 19:09

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

Agreed.

when is the draw?

Pretty sure it was 1999 but otherwise ...

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Mar 2019 09:17

You think Cech should have been sent off?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Mar 2019 11:35

Porto

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 15 Mar 2019 11:48

Silver Fox Liverpool fans certainly seem pretty sanguine about getting knocked out of the CL if it enhances the chances of winning the league, although that probably comes from having so much success in the competition

1 win in 25 years. Crushing it!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Mar 2019 12:41

That's better than the PL in that period, as I'm sure I've heard people mention

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Mar 2019 18:27

Hope Liverpool get Pickford, Speroni, Rico, Lloris and Alderweireld Premier League winners medals as thanks for helping them win the league. :lol:

I mean you make your own luck but World Cup winning goalkeepers shouldn't be making mistakes like that.

I'm not knocking Liverpool here so stay calm Victor.
Last edited by sandman on 31 Mar 2019 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Mar 2019 21:01

sandman Hope Liverpool get Pickford, Speroni, Rico, Lloris and Alderweireld Premier League winners medals as thanks for helping them win the league. :lol:

I mean you make your own luck but World Cup winning goalkeepers shouldn't be making mistakes like that.

I think you'll find he did as bad, if not worse, in the World Cup Final.

Liverpool are nailed on to win the title with the amount of luck they're getting.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Apr 2019 09:17

And Mane's wrongly disallowed goal, etc.

Little bit of a run of things going their way recently, but then would you consider Rico's shove on Mane to be 'luck' or just part of the game?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Apr 2019 10:59

sandman Hope Liverpool get Pickford, Speroni, Rico, Lloris and Alderweireld Premier League winners medals as thanks for helping them win the league. :lol:

I'm not knocking Liverpool here so stay calm Victor.

:D :D
Things have to go your way to have any chance of winning a title.
Remember Steve Bruce scoring in extra, extra Fergie time at Sheffield Wednesday that year.
Remember Stevie Gerrard slipping against Chelsea
Remember Joey getting sent off for QPR at City (his old club) and Agueroo getting that goal.

Hopefully Spurs will try as hard when they play City and that Ole will prove that he has improved his side when they play City.

A good race for the title this time around with the top 2 miles ahead of the rest.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Apr 2019 08:49

Truly excellent goal from Salah yesterday. Brilliant result for Liverpool yesterday but I just can't see City dropping points again this season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Apr 2019 09:49

Old Man Andrews Truly excellent goal from Salah yesterday. Brilliant result for Liverpool yesterday but I just can't see City dropping points again this season.

They still have to visit Old Trafford and have Spurs in the league. I can see them drawing one of those.

Liverpool will need to win their last 4 to stand any chance in taking the title. Those 4 are:

Cardiff (a)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (a)
Wolves (H)

The next 2 look shoe-in's, Newcastle are safe so who knows what can happen there. Wolves on the last day could be tough, especially if they have a shot at 7th which could well bring then European football.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Apr 2019 11:28

Stranded
Old Man Andrews Truly excellent goal from Salah yesterday. Brilliant result for Liverpool yesterday but I just can't see City dropping points again this season.

They still have to visit Old Trafford and have Spurs in the league. I can see them drawing one of those.

Liverpool will need to win their last 4 to stand any chance in taking the title. Those 4 are:

Cardiff (a)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (a)
Wolves (H)

The next 2 look shoe-in's, Newcastle are safe so who knows what can happen there. Wolves on the last day could be tough, especially if they have a shot at 7th which could well bring then European football.

United seem to be treading water, at best, so a trip to Old Trafford is not the prospect it may have been a month ago.
It may be in City's best interests to go out of the Champions League if they want to win the PL. It'll take Spurs minds off the league game.

I do find it difficult to see City beating Spurs twice in a week.

8627 posts