LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8640 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Jan 2018 16:47

Man City appear to be attempting to play Stamball at the back and have been punished rather severely.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2018 17:02

Wow, Liverpool....just wow

Citeh in for Moore? Lol

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Jan 2018 18:39

AthleticoSpizz Wow, Liverpool....just wow

Citeh in for Moore? Lol

His sort of tippy happy crap at the back. He'd be perfect.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2018 22:11

Awful defending from both sides. I can almost hear Hansen.

Phenomenal attacking though.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Jan 2018 15:41

Snowflake Royal Awful defending from both sides. I can almost hear Hansen.

Yeah, 4-3 flattered City, but Karius should have stopped the first*, and Lovren didn't get off the ground for the cross on the third. Van Dijk is such a huge upgrade in defence it's almost unreal. I can't see Karius getting much more of a look-in now this season. They've been linked to Oblak, who would be a great signing, but might just be media speculation.

*I really, really, really like Gomez, and he was terrific yesterday up against Sane, but in his youth he tends to completely fall asleep once a game, this time allowing the cross for the first goal to drift over his head, and then over-committing against Sane after he had recovered.

Liverpool really aren't missing Henderson in midfield, and showed enough yesterday that they can cope without Coutinho in attack.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 16 Jan 2018 16:54

Sanguine

Yeah, 4-3 flattered City, but Karius should have stopped the first*, and Lovren didn't get off the ground for the cross on the third. Van Dijk is such a huge upgrade in defence it's almost unreal. I can't see Karius getting much more of a look-in now this season. They've been linked to Oblak, who would be a great signing, but might just be media speculation.

Wouldn't it be easy to pick holes in the Liverpool goals and say they were undeserved and flattered Liverpool... ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2018 07:51

Sanguine

*I really, really, really like Gomez, and he was terrific yesterday up against Sane, but in his youth he tends to completely fall asleep once a game, this time allowing the cross for the first goal to drift over his head, and then over-committing against Sane after he had recovered.

Liverpool really aren't missing Henderson in midfield, and showed enough yesterday that they can cope without Coutinho in attack.

Too easy to blame Karius for the first goal. Look at his body position, he was correctly anticipating the cross and preparing to deal with it - the cross being the percentage play from where Sane was and the fact Gomez was there. Credit to Sane for either spotting that Karius had shifted his weight slightly or just trying to do the unexpected after Gomez over-committed.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Jan 2018 08:31

LWJ
Sanguine

Wouldn't it be easy to pick holes in the Liverpool goals and say they were undeserved and flattered Liverpool... ?

Not really, given that Liverpool had the best of the game. There was a touch of fortune in Salah's goal of course, but it still required a very handy finish. The other three goals were brilliant.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Jan 2018 08:37

Sanguine
Not really, given that Liverpool had the best of the game. There was a touch of fortune in Salah's goal of course, but it still required a very handy finish. The other three goals were brilliant.

1st - mistake from the keeper, 2nd mistake from Stones, 3rd mistake from Otamendi, 4th mistake from the keeper.

I appreciate your biased Sanguine, but the match was pretty even (4-1 would have flattered Liverpool massively, even 3-1 would have..).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Jan 2018 08:38

LWJ
Sanguine

1st - mistake from the keeper, 2nd mistake from Stones, 3rd mistake from Otamendi, 4th mistake from the keeper.

I appreciate your biased Sanguine, but the match was pretty even (4-1 would have flattered Liverpool massively, even 3-1 would have..).

Biased? Dear me. You're better than this.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Jan 2018 08:53

LWJ I appreciate your biased Sanguine

yeah, his sanguine is so biased sometimes!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Jan 2018 08:56

also, as a general point, it seems a bit silly to try and point out that a team only did well because the opposition made mistakes, when the aim of the game is to apply pressure on the opposite team until they make a mistake, at which point you hope to capitalise.

You could literally look at every goal ever scored in the history of football and find a 'mistake' in there somewhere, if you are that way inclined.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jan 2018 10:09

Pretty much what I was going to say. Every goal ever is down to someone in the oppo not doing the right thing

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Jan 2018 10:11

Winston Biscuit also, as a general point, it seems a bit silly to try and point out that a team only did well because the opposition made mistakes, when the aim of the game is to apply pressure on the opposite team until they make a mistake, at which point you hope to capitalise.

You could literally look at every goal ever scored in the history of football and find a 'mistake' in there somewhere, if you are that way inclined.

the only goal opportunity I can think off that isn't a mistake is a long range shot cracked straight into the top corner when the defense has everyone well positioned behind the ball

maybe some twat will say it should have been closed down

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Jan 2018 12:06

BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit also, as a general point, it seems a bit silly to try and point out that a team only did well because the opposition made mistakes, when the aim of the game is to apply pressure on the opposite team until they make a mistake, at which point you hope to capitalise.

the only goal opportunity I can think off that isn't a mistake is a long range shot cracked straight into the top corner when the defense has everyone well positioned behind the ball

maybe some twat will say it should have been closed down

Nag, keeper should have got to it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2018 12:32

Surely when we talk about mistakes, the subtext is an unforced error, or an error of greater severity than could normally be expected by a player of that quality, at that level, under that pressure.

For example, even though the City keeper had rushed out of his area and was under pressure to clear the ball, it should be trivially easy to hoof it high down the pitch or into touch for safety given his quality and the level he's playing at.

Instead he appeared to make the poor and unnecessary choice to try to play a pass to feet into the centre of the pitch to retain possession and maybe set up a counter. That's an unnecessary error.

Whereas the Liverpool keeper leaving a marginally too large gap at his near post and shifting his weight to anticipate the cross / shot across fractionally early and getting beaten by a powerful early shot to his near post is not an 'error'.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Jan 2018 12:40

Can we give Salah some credit for his goal? We've all seen professional footballers make an absolute pig's ear of those chances in the past

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2018 12:46

Silver Fox Can we give Salah some credit for his goal? We've all seen professional footballers make an absolute pig's ear of those chances in the past

Absolutely. It requires composure and skill.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Jan 2018 21:21

Liverpool always provide lolz

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Jan 2018 21:24

a pleasure as always

8640 posts