LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8646 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Hoop Blah » 05 Feb 2018 17:04

paultheroyal
Sanguine I think on that point, having heard the linesman clearly say that he didn't know either, many have wondered how Moss then awarded the penalty. There is some talk of Martin Atkinson, the fourth official, giving the nod having seen it on replays.

I didn't know about the ref assistant comment but it actually did cross my mind when that was all being played out yesterday that they were actually using delaying tactics and getting someone to check it quickly to radio back into them. It has been sneakily used / happen before.

Yeah I think I heard something on the commentary or post match chat about a replay and/or the 4th official which would make a mockery of the 'officiating to the letter of the law' argument as they've effectively cheated! They definitely kept trying to listen in to the their radio and I'm sure the ref looked up to the fourth official (or managers perhaps) a couple of times for some reason.

The way I saw the exchange between ref and lino, on the first pen, was that neither of them had a good view of the incident but they did a reasonably job of piecing it together from the bits they'd seen between them.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Feb 2018 17:22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42943628

BBC story now confirming that Moss asked Atkinson if he had "anything from TV", which would indicate that they were clutching at straws a little when making the decision.

I still think the issue is more about the way the Law is being interpreted rather than the officials application yesterday, but Moss will surely get the book thrown at him now, which is probably a shame in many ways.

EDIT: I hadn't read anything else about it today and I've just seen this within the transcript of the conversation from Sky's report.

Moss: "I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin (Atkinson), have you got anything from TV? I'm giving the penalty."

The lino was telling him that if Lovren hadn't touched the ball then it had to be offside. So basically Moss just guessed.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Feb 2018 21:54

Llalana gets sent off for attacking teenager

https://twitter.com/LFCwisdoms/status/9 ... 6887748614

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2018 09:31

BR0B0T Llalana gets sent off for attacking teenager

:shock: wasn't even that bad an initial challenge.

What's most bizarre is he's never seemed like that before. Perhaps didn't like turning out for the U23s.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2018 09:34

Hoop Blah http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42943628

BBC story now confirming that Moss asked Atkinson if he had "anything from TV", which would indicate that they were clutching at straws a little when making the decision.

I still think the issue is more about the way the Law is being interpreted rather than the officials application yesterday, but Moss will surely get the book thrown at him now, which is probably a shame in many ways.

EDIT: I hadn't read anything else about it today and I've just seen this within the transcript of the conversation from Sky's report.

Moss: "I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin (Atkinson), have you got anything from TV? I'm giving the penalty."

The lino was telling him that if Lovren hadn't touched the ball then it had to be offside. So basically Moss just guessed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... pgmol-says

PGMOL have made the situation worse. They now claim that Moss gave the penalty because he knew a Liverpool player had played the ball on the way through to Kane, and that he had a tea break with the linesman because he wasn't sure exactly who. :? :lol:

"Jon Moss was in a good position to see that a Liverpool player deliberately played the ball before it fell to Harry Kane in the penalty area. He then correctly judged that Kane was fouled by Lorius Karius.

"However, given the speed of the attack, he was uncertain of the identity of the Liverpool player who kicked the ball. Eddie Smart, having identified that Kane was in an offside position, correctly sought clarification on whether Dejan Lovren had deliberately played the ball.

Perhaps paul or lwj can enlighten us as to how or if PGMOL's statement makes sense. Why does it matter who touched it if Moss knows already? And why did he ask Atkinson?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Feb 2018 09:40

Sanguine
BR0B0T Llalana gets sent off for attacking teenager

:shock: wasn't even that bad an initial challenge.

What's most bizarre is he's never seemed like that before. Perhaps didn't like turning out for the U23s.

Should have been sent off for his hair. I take it he's lost the Nivea sponsorship.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Feb 2018 11:29

Sanguine :shock: wasn't even that bad an initial challenge.

I've not seen the challenge but I'd assume he was aggrieved because he's been out so long and is working his way back with the World Cup in mind.

The last thing he wants is some young upstart crocking him again and putting that at risk, not that it justifies trying to put the kid to sleep!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 06 Feb 2018 11:30

The challenge is on the Twitter link - pretty standard aeriel 'duel', the kid jumps into Lallana challenging for the ball and leads, a little, with the arm. Over-reaction though on Lallana's part.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Feb 2018 19:59

Didn't even lead with the arm really, he just mistimed the jump slightly and leaned on Lallana a bit as he came down, the sort of thing you see a dozen times a game. If he'd timed the jump correctly he'd probably clattered through the back of him. Absolutely no malice or danger to it at all.

Massive, massive over reaction by Lallana and totally uncalled for.

Actually, the first reply tweet sums it up perfectly.

"Terrible reaction to a fair challenge for the ball by a kid. What type of example is that to the young players".

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Feb 2018 17:19

Winston Biscuit My understanding is that the first phase of play where Kane is in an offside position is negated by Lovren touching it. It essentially ends the phase and starts a new phase.

It's a sh*t rule though and is not implemented consistently.

If that first statement is true then when a goalkeeper deliberately saves a shot by parrying it back to a striker who was in an offside position originally , is now onside.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Feb 2018 09:56

Liverpool fans chanting “Luis Suarez” at Patrice Evra yesterday :roll:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Mar 2018 14:32

8)

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2018 09:49

Just watched MOTD, are we back to the days when refs aren’t allowed to give away pens at OT?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Mar 2018 10:19

Silver Fox Just watched MOTD, are we back to the days when refs aren’t allowed to give away pens at OT?

they weren't pens

they didn't show Young pulling Salah back which I did think was going to be a pen

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2018 10:56

BR0B0T
Silver Fox Just watched MOTD, are we back to the days when refs aren’t allowed to give away pens at OT?

they weren't pens

:lol: You can maybe argue against the handball as it seems a player needs to complete a full plan to show their intent these days, but even Fergie would agree that Fellaini’s was a foul

I’ll not mention that Rashford should of been booked for going into the crowd to celebrate his first, which would have meant a red later in the first half

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Mar 2018 12:00

Silver Fox
BR0B0T

they weren't pens

:lol: You can maybe argue against the handball as it seems a player needs to complete a full plan to show their intent these days, but even Fergie would agree that Fellaini’s was a foul

I’ll not mention that Rashford should of been booked for going into the crowd to celebrate his first, which would have meant a red later in the first half

Ok I'll not mention Lovren's elbow into McTominay's head or his double foul on Fellaini...etc tit-for-tat nonsense etc

Mane - Fellaini....depending on your particular bias it could be considered a foul for United. A player nowhere near the ball sticks his leg in front of the favourite for the ball and trips him. Just a coming together of two players, no foul given either way. Commentators at the time agreed and Carra afterwards...obvs Graeme Sourness thought it was a pen the bitter old pcunt

In the pic below (just before contact happened) who is favourite to win the ball...also the ball is travelling right to left

The handball I can understand why you'd ask for it but it has to be more deliberate than that

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2018 15:42

Mané is favourite to win the ball there, because Fellaini is an absolute shambles of a player

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Mar 2018 09:41

BR0B0T

they weren't pens

they didn't show Young pulling Salah back which I did think was going to be a pen

Yeah, to argue against my own stance on VAR, found it ironic that MoTD didn't even highlight the tug on Salah, which was probably the clearest 'foul', when it was exactly that type of foul that saw Salah awarded a penalty on VAR a few weeks ago. Which does I admit highlight the subjectivity of all this.

double d

by double d » 15 Mar 2018 20:08

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2018 20:25

8646 posts