CheLOLsea

9597 posts
Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CheLOLsea

by Winston Smith » 12 Jan 2017 09:18

Stranded looks like he may be a Bournemouth player in the next few days anyway.

but I thought he said he definitely would never play for any other PL team? well, apart from that time he tried to get a transfer to Man City obv

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 09:44

IN :!: for John Terry to get Bournemouth relegated and then turn up at Chelsea's title celebrations in full kit

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2017 09:52

From Despair To Where?
No Fixed Abode Remember Loic Remy at Stoke last season. He had to hurdle the keeper to avoid getting clattered, tried to stay on his feet but lost his balance. Prevented a definite goal.

I'd be a bit pissed off if my keeper didn't try to prevent a goal, You really cant compare an outfield player to a keeper.

For what it's worth, Terry's red card was harsh but you can understand why it was given. The challenge was clumsy, nowhere near the ball and it caused the attacker to go to ground which denied a goal scoring opportunity.

So a keeper denies a clearer goal scoring opportunity and you want more punishment for an outfield player who denied a less clear goal scoring opportunity when the attacker still had the keeper to beat and had Ivanovic there as cover. Make sense. :lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2017 09:53

No Fixed Abode Meeting tonight and hopefully we will get the go-ahead for what will be the best stadium in the World.

Looks like the best stadium in the World has been given the green light.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Jan 2017 10:22

So has the Chelsea redvelopment

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2017 10:29

No Fixed Abode Looks like the best stadium in the World has been given the green light.

Tottenham are already building their stadium, m8. It was given the green light ages ago.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2017 10:46

I love an non-identikit stadium. An architectural masterpiece.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2017 11:11

No Fixed Abode
From Despair To Where?
No Fixed Abode Remember Loic Remy at Stoke last season. He had to hurdle the keeper to avoid getting clattered, tried to stay on his feet but lost his balance. Prevented a definite goal.

I'd be a bit pissed off if my keeper didn't try to prevent a goal, You really cant compare an outfield player to a keeper.

For what it's worth, Terry's red card was harsh but you can understand why it was given. The challenge was clumsy, nowhere near the ball and it caused the attacker to go to ground which denied a goal scoring opportunity.

So a keeper denies a clearer goal scoring opportunity and you want more punishment for an outfield player who denied a less clear goal scoring opportunity when the attacker still had the keeper to beat and had Ivanovic there as cover. Make sense. :lol:

No I'm saying take each incident on its merits. The keeper has a right to, and little other option than to challenge the attacker in a one on one situation. If he makes contact, it's a penalty. In Terry's case he came from the side with a lunging challenge which had little hope of getting the ball, and as you insist Ivanovic was a covering defender, a challenge he did not need to make. With the timing and clumsiness of the challenge, the referee obviously deemed it as not a genuine attempt to go for the ball.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 12 Jan 2017 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2017 11:14

We've conclusively proved you know nothing about football.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2017 11:18

Thank you for your welcome to the club.

The Informant

by The Informant » 12 Jan 2017 13:27

Don't think you'd see the truly big clubs like Liverpool and Utd moving stadiums, too much history. And however it looks on the outside, it will be just the same as Arsenal and Spurs on the inside i'd imagine

Also, They are moving stadiums with all the cost it incurs, why only increase the capacity by 18,000 odd? I would have thought they would have gone balls out and gone to the 70,000 mark capacity. They would fill it for the big games etc and they won't want to expand it again if the fan base increases.

The same for Arsenal, why did they just stay at 60,000 - you would think these teams would want to rival UTD and build a stadium just as big.

Unless they thought they wouldn't fill it.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 12 Jan 2017 14:37

No Fixed Abode I love an non-identikit stadium. An architectural masterpiece.

Looks like an egg slicer

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2017 15:08

No need to get all eggy about it.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 Jan 2017 15:53

No Fixed Abode
No Fixed Abode Meeting tonight and hopefully we will get the go-ahead for what will be the best stadium in the World.

I like the picture of the other photo at dusk showing the floodlight glow, but without being biased why are you classing it as the best stadium in the world?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jan 2017 19:15

It's so going to be a victim of potatoshop

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 13 Jan 2017 09:40

Will be interesting to see what happens with Lewis Baker who is currently on loan with Vitesse Arnhem. He is the one that proper Chelsea fans have been w*nking themselves over for some time now, and there have been some great reports of how his season in the Eredivisie has been going so far.

Let's hope he is not the next Josh McEachran eh!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Jan 2017 10:43

Geekins
No Fixed Abode

I like the picture of the other photo at dusk showing the floodlight glow, but without being biased why are you classing it as the best stadium in the world?

Because it will be much newer than the likes of the Etihad, Emir8s and the facilities with be 2nd to none and more modern. It looks less like an identikit stadium and looks like nothing else, unique. It's an architectural masterpiece not made with your typical corrugated metal.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jan 2017 11:01

No Fixed Abode the facilities with be 2nd to none and more modern.

Seat on a slope and clean toilets

Not sure how other facilities can be called "2nd to none" when they are easily upgraded in any existing stadium built in the last 25 years

Not a pop @ Chelsea or Kes, just @ the hype that surrounds a new stadium

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Jan 2017 11:07

Uke
No Fixed Abode the facilities with be 2nd to none and more modern.

Seat on a slope and clean toilets

Not sure how other facilities can be called "2nd to none" when they are easily upgraded in any existing stadium built in the last 25 years

Not a pop @ Chelsea or Kes, just @ the hype that surrounds a new stadium

Not too much wrong with the hype of a new stadium. I don't get the hype when a club puts an extra tier on an old stand though.....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2017 20:14

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 26816.html

Reportedly Costa has had a big bust up with Antonio Conte over refusing him a move to China (£30m a year :lol: )

9597 posts