9597 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CheLOLsea

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 12:17

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

Nothing for me yet other than being called thick by a Neanderthal-I feel quite left out.

BTW Chelsea did their usual by beating Spursy Spurs at The Bridge and once again (dreamland as usual for Spurs) putting paid to a title challenge.

To be honest you did take the piss out of disabled people which is disgusting.

Actually I didn't but it's not worth discussing.
Out of interest, do you have a passing interest in any football team other than Reading ?
Asking for an enemy.

yeah I do why?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Feb 2019 12:23

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
To be honest you did take the piss out of disabled people which is disgusting.

Out of interest, do you have a passing interest in any football team other than Reading ?
Asking for an enemy.

yeah I do why?

Just so that we can take the piss when they lose -that's how it works on here doesn't it?
Fortunately for me with Liverpool, after so many years of having to take it, this year they do have a 50/50 chance of winning what has eluded them for so many years.

Obviously, in most posters eyes, football only started when the Premier League was created.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 12:28

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
Asking for an enemy.

yeah I do why?

Just so that we can take the piss when they lose -that's how it works on here doesn't it?
Fortunately for me with Liverpool, after so many years of having to take it, this year they do have a 50/50 chance of winning what has eluded them for so many years.

Obviously, in most posters eyes, football only started when the Premier League was created.

Forest Green, who are shite. I only like them because mrs DD's uncle works there. He used to be a pro footballer and played with Alan Pardew back in the day.

I want liverpool to win the league, but I think Man City will unfortunately

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Feb 2019 12:38

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
yeah I do why?

Forest Green, who are shite. I only like them because mrs DD's uncle works there. He used to be a pro footballer and played with Alan Pardew back in the day.

I meant to say that the piss-taking should only apply to top 6 clubs who all have similar spending power even if Man Utd spend more than anybody else( and then moan about injuries when putting out a side costing something like £300,000,000).

Forest Green have done brilliantly to maintain a place in the Football League-presumably the Pardew connection goes back to his Yeovil(?) days.
You are in danger of being my new best friend wanting Liverpool to win. :wink:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 12:42

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

I meant to say that the piss-taking should only apply to top 6 clubs who all have similar spending power even if Man Utd spend more than anybody else( and then moan about injuries when putting out a side costing something like £300,000,000).

Forest Green have done brilliantly to maintain a place in the Football League-presumably the Pardew connection goes back to his Yeovil(?) days.

played with pardew when he went on loan to barnet in 1996 when he was 18, also frank sinclair/maik taylor/linvoy primus was there, with ray clemence as manager. He last played for Chesham with the legend Barry Hayles!

They (FGR) had a shocking first season, but have got a very ambitious and rich chairman who is pumping money into them and a new ground. They have 4 quality league 1/championship level strikers aswell.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 28 Feb 2019 12:46

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71

played with pardew when he went on loan to barnet in 1996 when he was 18, also frank sinclair/maik taylor/linvoy primus was there, with ray clemence as manager. He last played for Chesham with the legend Barry Hayles!

They (FGR) had a shocking first season, but have got a very ambitious and rich chairman who is pumping money into them and a new ground. They have 4 quality league 1/championship level strikers aswell.

Isn't Doidge a bit useful?
Shame he was messed about by Bolton.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 13:01

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

Isn't Doidge a bit useful?

very good player. would happily have him at rfc

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Mar 2019 12:56

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47512141

BBC report from the defeat to Everton yesterday.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Mar 2019 14:49

Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
Asking for an enemy.

yeah I do why?

(guessing...) the vast majority on here were 12 or younger when the prem started so yes!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Mar 2019 14:50

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew Isn't Doidge a bit useful?

very good player. would happily have him at rfc

Useful at League 2 level maybe. Couldn't cope in the Championship at all and certainly not cut out for Reading

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Mar 2019 15:56

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
The Enfield Royal71
yeah I do why?

(guessing...) the vast majority on here were 12 or younger when the prem started so yes!

Football doesn't start from when you were born.
That's a bit like the simpletons on quiz shows when they say "that was before my time".

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2019 19:49

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew

That's a bit like the simpletons on quiz shows when they say "that was before my time".

If they were twelve, it wasn't when they were born.

I think it's fair to say, that whilst you may be aware of some stuff before the PL, if it's pretty much all you've known, then it's what you're going to be focused on.

I mean I wouldn't expect you to be focused on or know a lot about football in the 1890s, any more than I'd expect a 25 year old to know much about football in the 70s

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Mar 2019 20:08

Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

I think it's fair to say, that whilst you may be aware of some stuff before the PL, if it's pretty much all you've known, then it's what you're going to be focused on.

I mean I wouldn't expect you to be focused on or know a lot about football in the 1890s, any more than I'd expect a 25 year old to know much about football in the 70s

Ian, you do love an argument don't you? :wink:
FWIW as a kid I used to read about football in the 40s and 50s even though it was before my time.
There is so much more available now in terms of football info I would hope that young 'uns are aware of George Best, of Pele, of Bobby Charlton and even that England once won the world cup and that Spurs were a top side in the early 1960s and actually won something.

Also, from a local aspect in those early 1960s, Aldershot had a football league side but Oxford and Wycombe didn't.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Mar 2019 20:14

Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

I mean I wouldn't expect you to be focused on or know a lot about football in the 1890s

there was potential for an RL joke here...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Mar 2019 20:14

Victor Meldrew
Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew

Ian, you do love an argument don't you? :wink:
FWIW as a kid I used to read about football in the 40s and 50s even though it was before my time.
There is so much more available now in terms of football info I would hope that young 'uns are aware of George Best, of Pele, of Bobby Charlton and even that England once won the world cup and that Spurs were a top side in the early 1960s and actually won something.

Also, from a local aspect in those early 1960s, Aldershot had a football league side but Oxford and Wycombe didn't.

Who is Pele? Never heard of him. Do you mean the shithouse PEPE from Real Madrid?

Bobby Charlton? You must be confused with Bob Peeters who managed Charlton.

And please stop trolling and drinking. Spurs have never been good :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Mar 2019 16:02

"We want Sarri out"

"You don't know what you're doing"

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Apr 2019 09:45

sandman "We want Sarri out"

"You don't know what you're doing"

Chelsea fans are quite thick and oxf*rd me they are fickle aswell.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Apr 2019 11:26

The Enfield Royal71
played with pardew when he went on loan to barnet in 1996 when he was 18,

You are MUCH older than I thought.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Apr 2019 11:39

Sanguine