ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ArsenaLOL

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Aug 2018 16:34

Weird innit, put Sterling in an England shirt and he can't hit a barn door. Put him in a Citeh shirt and he's lethal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Aug 2018 17:38

Dream is overstating it a little and losing to City isn't the greatest benchmark, but good to know.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Aug 2018 08:58

bobby1413
Snowflake Royal My view is also coloured by that FA Cup semi where on the way I encountered an alchi racist who tried to claim we'd never been to Wembley before, and then on the way back some graceless hag who thought that narrowly beating Reading in extra time was some sort of gloatworthy great achievement.
Never really encountered any individuals acting pcunty and billy big bollox on the way to or from games before. Generally we're all just footie fans having a laugh or a chat.

Yes I also experienced/witnessed a lot of gloating too after that game. The 7-5 loss at home also didn't help!

It's hard to explain but every Arsenal fan I seem to know seems to be the same character. Just so far away from other football fans it's unreal. No real understanding of football from a fans perspective.

The fact they arrive late, leave early, the whole ArseneOut thing...

Everything about them seems image driven and an air of perfection. The shirt, the fancy padded seats at the ground. Just everything is just off.

People call us and Fulham the Waitrose type middle class fans. I'd say Arsenal are better contenders

Yeah Arsenal fans are the absolute worst in football by some margin. Entitled, ungrateful and arrogant people normally. They are completely unbearable on social media too.

I remember when we played them in the FA Cup semi and their fans were completely silent for the whole thing, not even slightly arsed by it all as if it was beneath them. Horrible club and horrible support.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Oct 2018 11:55

Was the Craven Cottage yesterday for the Arsenal game - Fulham an ideal opponent for them as they won't sit back and defend, but nevertheless Emery's side had a real attacking fluency, movement of Lacazette especially for impressive. Iwobi too - this guy is an absolute monster. Must be one of the quickest players in the league, and the ball seems glued to his foot when he runs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Oct 2018 11:57

Think Arsenal and their current style of play proves beyond doubt Wenger should have gone a few years ago, he has held the club back. Seems Emery has let them off the lead and I reckon they'll be top 4 for sure.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Oct 2018 11:49

Old Man Andrews Think Arsenal and their current style of play proves beyond doubt Wenger should have gone a few years ago, he has held the club back. Seems Emery has let them off the lead and I reckon they'll be top 4 for sure.

Still think Ramsey would be shite if it wasn't for Wenger. He would be another Jack Rodwell.

The attacking threat of Lacazette and PEA is lethal and very few managers coming in would have struggled with the team he left.

Having said that I reckon Emery is a quality manager.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 22 Oct 2018 22:20

This is some run that Arsenal are on....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2018 08:33

The decision to remove Wenger was a very wise one. Arsenal are on a great run and now are a bit more resiliant under pressure. The Arsenal of old buckle when Leicester take the lead but Emery has changed that. They are a few players away from being genuine contenders, desperately need a world class CB and a world class LB.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Oct 2018 08:37

Old Man Andrews The decision to remove Wenger was a very wise one. Arsenal are on a great run and now are a bit more resiliant under pressure. The Arsenal of old buckle when Leicester take the lead but Emery has changed that. They are a few players away from being genuine contenders, desperately need a world class CB and a world class LB.

They are contenders now - any one of that current top 5 can win the league this year. I think Arsenal now would pick up points v City and Chelsea, unfortunate for them that they had to play them in the first two games under new management.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Oct 2018 10:13

Stranded
Old Man Andrews The decision to remove Wenger was a very wise one. Arsenal are on a great run and now are a bit more resiliant under pressure. The Arsenal of old buckle when Leicester take the lead but Emery has changed that. They are a few players away from being genuine contenders, desperately need a world class CB and a world class LB.

They are contenders now - any one of that current top 5 can win the league this year. I think Arsenal now would pick up points v City and Chelsea, unfortunate for them that they had to play them in the first two games under new management.

I think that depends on how City go. One of the journo's on Sunday Supplement was saying how pretty much all of City's stats are better this year than they were last year so they could keep things going and have a better season than last year.

I don't think any of the other contenders could really stay with that pace IF City repeat it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Oct 2018 10:16

City are some way ahead of the others imo. Depth of squad too.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Oct 2018 10:31

Terrific second half but in truth they did buckle under Leicester's pressure. A more clinical team and a braver referee (stone wall penalty from an already booked Holding) and they'd have had a mountain to climb.

On the plus side when they attack they do it with far more purpose this season and when Aubameyang gets thrown into the mix they are great to watch and a match for anyone attacking wise.. Think Arsenal fans should just enjoy watching their side play with a purpose and intent again this season rather than getting too giddy.

They've a better set of potential regular 1st team capable youth products too than they've had for a while.

But yes City are still head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of 1st team and the squad depth. If they don't get sidetracked by their Champions League ambitions then I can't see anyone stopping them winning the League as much as Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool might be closer than last season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2018 12:16

They've played West Ham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Vorskla Poltava, Everton, Brentford, Watford, FK Qarabag, Fulham and Leicester, all teams you would expect them to beat, with the "tougher" teams in that run coming at home

They're on a terrific run but historically their biggest issues have been against the other sides in the top 6/in Europe and they've lost both of those bigger games (Man City and Chelsea), so I'm reserving judgement for now.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Oct 2018 15:15

There's always an element of moving the goalposts when it comes to criticising the bigger teams, I find. Were winning ten on the spin easy, whoever the opponent, it would happen all the time, but it isn't. Goes for Liverpool too - they beat the big sides, and then hammer the little sides but get held to draws and get criticised for it. Now this season they are winning against the little teams, without playing that well, and people say 'wait until they play someone good'.

In their next 8 they play Sporting Lisbon twice, Palace, Blackpool, Wolves, Bournemouth, Vorskla again, and Liverpool. We might be talking about 18 in a row....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2018 09:25

Sanguine There's always an element of moving the goalposts when it comes to criticising the bigger teams, I find. Were winning ten on the spin easy, whoever the opponent, it would happen all the time, but it isn't. Goes for Liverpool too - they beat the big sides, and then hammer the little sides but get held to draws and get criticised for it. Now this season they are winning against the little teams, without playing that well, and people say 'wait until they play someone good'.

In their next 8 they play Sporting Lisbon twice, Palace, Blackpool, Wolves, Bournemouth, Vorskla again, and Liverpool. We might be talking about 18 in a row....

If you beat all the "little" teams then your results against the rest of the top 6 aren't vital. Say Arsenal lost all games to Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs but beat all the rest that gives them 84 points - historically very close to a title and certainly securing a CL place.

The top 6 will take points off each other this year, the league will be won by the team who gets as near to a perfect record against the rest of the league who will win it IMO.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Oct 2018 09:44

Yeah that's a decent point.

So far this season, excluding results against the traditional big six...

Arsenal (7) 7-0-0
City (7) 6-1-0
Liverpool (6) 6-0-0
Spurs (7) 6-0-1
Chelsea (6) 5-1-0

Ominous for the smaller sides, just 7 points dropped in 33 games!

United (7) 4-1-2

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Oct 2018 12:00

Stranded If you beat all the "little" teams then your results against the rest of the top 6 aren't vital. Say Arsenal lost all games to Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs but beat all the rest that gives them 84 points - historically very close to a title and certainly securing a CL place.

The top 6 will take points off each other this year, the league will be won by the team who gets as near to a perfect record against the rest of the league who will win it IMO.

Jesus. What utter nonsense.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2018 12:41

John Smith
Stranded If you beat all the "little" teams then your results against the rest of the top 6 aren't vital. Say Arsenal lost all games to Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs but beat all the rest that gives them 84 points - historically very close to a title and certainly securing a CL place.

Jesus. What utter nonsense.

Please show your working.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Oct 2018 12:41

Nice sig

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 02 Dec 2018 16:30

Game of the Season today.