The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Deadlock » 05 Dec 2017 12:43

AthleticoSpizz
Deadlock
AthleticoSpizz Thoughts are with Deadlock and his cattery btw.

Deadlock has the feeling he's missed something and is about to be whooshed
Slutskys’ playing career was cut short due to an injury sustained rescuing a cat stuck in a tree. You are the “covered in cats” man - no?
Just a tenuous reference to yourself to pad-out an otherwise non-event post. That’s all.

All three of the pile have subsequently gone to the great scratching post in the sky, but I was indeed underneath them for quite some time! I now have two new ones, but they are only half the size of the originals and can't make nearly as big a pile. If they were inclined to go near each other except at mealtimes.

I have to say falling out of a tree rescuing a cat is one of the most bizarre career-ending injuries I've heard.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Dec 2017 13:39

AthleticoSpizz Take no notice of Genome...he’s been getting a tough time of it around here recently..

It was said with love and affection, of course

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Dec 2017 12:55

Nadkins appointed head coach at ‘ull

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 07 Dec 2017 13:20

Never really had Hull down as a fake tan and baseless optimism kind of city.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Dec 2017 13:28

Well, City of culture aren’t they?

and besides, playing in shirts or skins....won’t be an issue

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Dec 2017 14:16

NIGEL?! Wow. I'd always think as a side coming down you'd want to do your best to come back up straight away, if not at least consolidate. Instead they've invested nothing, brought in and got rid of a foreign nobody and brought back Fraizer Campbell.

Shame as I don't dislike the club at all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Dec 2017 08:37

John Smith NIGEL?! Wow. I'd always think as a side coming down you'd want to do your best to come back up straight away, if not at least consolidate. Instead they've invested nothing, brought in and got rid of a foreign nobody and brought back Fraizer Campbell.

Are Hull, in fact, the Reading of the north? Non-descript side mooching around the lower divisions for nearly all their existence followed by a new stadia effect and 2/3 separate seasons finally in the top flight before collapsing back to looking dodgy in Division 2?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Dec 2017 19:35

Can see Carvalhal getting the boot soon.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Dec 2017 19:40

Yep, Wednesday fans are probably chirping-off the same as we were a few weeks ago......Nigel missed a trick there, good start for him at Hull today.

Always thought that he was “hard done by” by the HNA massive running their mouths....and the clubs actual situation at that time of his tenure.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Dec 2017 16:34

[url][/url]
AthleticoSpizz Yep, Wednesday fans are probably chirping-off the same as we were a few weeks ago......Nigel missed a trick there, good start for him at Hull today.

Always thought that he was “hard done by” by the HNA massive running their mouths....and the clubs actual situation at that time of his tenure.

There's a grain of truth in what you say but spouting about how we'd actually played well and on another day would have won the match after a 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Birmingham City is never going to end well.

I was very much in the " give him time" camp but that's what turned me and it wasn't even the result but his head in the sand reaction to it

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Dec 2017 17:10

true....but have we have had a few managers over the years who have fallen into that camp on occasions.

Despite it all, I was not particularly his biggest fan, but I just couldn’t get over his credits that he had achieved with his double promotions with the scummers....nearly got us a play-off spot and then was pretty much (like Brian was) left high and dry by our hirarchy. The 6-0’er was a real low, but then.....we have endured 7-1’s etc since...some strange “party-line” comments came out after that one iirc :lol:

Admittedly after his time with us, he went downhill from there on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2017 22:50

From Despair To Where? [url][/url]
AthleticoSpizz Yep, Wednesday fans are probably chirping-off the same as we were a few weeks ago......Nigel missed a trick there, good start for him at Hull today.

There's a grain of truth in what you say but spouting about how we'd actually played well and on another day would have won the match after a 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Birmingham City is never going to end well.

I was very much in the " give him time" camp but that's what turned me and it wasn't even the result but his head in the sand reaction to it

Wasn't that a game where they scored 90% of their chances? Probably not politic to say it given how popular he was, but I recall some nobbers saying they couldn't understand how everything had just flown in for Brum and that nothing had gone our way.

He's certainly the Reading Manager who got shafted the most by the owners in the last 20+ years. And he's looking like having a decent chance of still holding our second best finish in five years despite that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2017 08:44

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where? [url][/url]

Wasn't that a game where they scored 90% of their chances? Probably not politic to say it given how popular he was, but I recall some nobbers saying they couldn't understand how everything had just flown in for Brum and that nothing had gone our way.

He's certainly the Reading Manager who got shafted the most by the owners in the last 20+ years. And he's looking like having a decent chance of still holding our second best finish in five years despite that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30356696

Brum had 7 shots on target to our 4 that day. 6 went in.

Adkins quote on that article are hardly head in the sand:

Reading manager Nigel Adkins: "It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline.

"Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it.

Given we had more shots and 65% possession, in hindsight those comments were probably fair.

He was a good manager, at the club at the wrong time and for many was never welcomed as he was the Russian's man and replaced Brian McD, which I think we all agreed was a harsh call at the time.

No surprise he went but unfairly maligned in my opinion.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Dec 2017 09:02

Absolutely - just like Rodgers, right man, wrong time.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Dec 2017 11:04

Sutekh
John Smith NIGEL?! Wow. I'd always think as a side coming down you'd want to do your best to come back up straight away, if not at least consolidate. Instead they've invested nothing, brought in and got rid of a foreign nobody and brought back Fraizer Campbell.

Are Hull, in fact, the Reading of the north? Non-descript side mooching around the lower divisions for nearly all their existence followed by a new stadia effect and 2/3 separate seasons finally in the top flight before collapsing back to looking dodgy in Division 2?

Maybe.

genome Absolutely - just like Rodgers, right man, wrong time.

Well then he wasn't the right man was he. Comments almost as daft as Nigel's

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Dec 2017 12:08

Can I just say, I thought he was a bollocks spouting orange twat who was hailed as the Messiah by some when he started.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Dec 2017 13:59

'greed, although he'll not be remembered as harshly as one would expect thanks to being succeeded by sour faced prick Clarke

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Dec 2017 16:21

John Smith
Sutekh

Maybe.

genome Absolutely - just like Rodgers, right man, wrong time.

Well then he wasn't the right man was he. Comments almost as daft as Nigel's

You don’t often see points going over your head

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Dec 2017 10:09

Paul Clement sacked as Swansea boss, not overly surprising I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42434708

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 22 Dec 2017 12:07

Murts appointed as Rangers boss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42457229

8673 posts