The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Oct 2018 13:28

At the same time, Bruce brought in 5 loanees, 4 of which were attackers, whilst letting one of only 2 centre backs go out on loan.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 13:29

From Despair To Where? At the same time, Bruce brought in 5 loanees, 4 of which were attackers, whilst letting one of only 2 centre backs go out on loan.

How do you know he let anyone go out on loan? I doubt very much if he had any say in the outgoings due to their financial issues.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Oct 2018 16:02

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where? At the same time, Bruce brought in 5 loanees, 4 of which were attackers, whilst letting one of only 2 centre backs go out on loan.

How do you know he let anyone go out on loan? I doubt very much if he had any say in the outgoings due to their financial issues.

If that's true then why bring in 3 attacking players on loan when apparently you already have a stellar selection of attacking players at your disposal and are short handed in defence?

I mean, youve already got Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Bjarnison, Jedinak, Hogan and Kodjia, and you've brought in McGinn from Hibs, do you need to also loan Abraham, El Gazi and Bolasie?

That's their problem right there. They've got half a team sitting there earning £25,000+ a week each to do fcuk all whilst they loan in other players to do their job.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Oct 2018 16:19

From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews

If that's true then why bring in 3 attacking players on loan when apparently you already have a stellar selection of attacking players at your disposal and are short handed in defence?

I mean, youve already got Grealish, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Bjarnison, Jedinak, Hogan and Kodjia, and you've brought in McGinn from Hibs, do you need to also loan Abraham, El Gazi and Bolasie?

That's their problem right there. They've got half a team sitting there earning £25,000+ a week each to do fcuk all whilst they loan in other players to do their job.

To be honest if you've got Abraham, Bolasie, Jedinak, Kodjia, Grealish and Hogan and can barely win a Championship match then it's the coaching that is the issue.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Oct 2018 16:22

Which is partly my point, especially if you're setting up to play a defensive formation with 1 centre back and 4 right backs at your disposal. The owners have fcuked up but Bruce is hardly blameless. I don't believe the imbalance in the squad is down to the owners dictating who they recruit or the need for a firesale and they certainly don't dictate tactics of preparation.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Oct 2018 16:48

Sanguine
To be honest if you've got Abraham, Bolasie, Jedinak, Kodjia, Grealish and Hogan and can barely win a Championship match then it's the coaching that is the issue.

Imagine the training sessions! Loads of bants and showboating right there

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Oct 2018 11:40

Silver Fox Steve Bruce goes

Edited for you

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2018 19:15

Sanguine
From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews

Unfortunately, you can't win games with only half a team. If you don't have a defence, your attack isn't going to function well. If you don't have an attack, your defence isn't going to function well.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Oct 2018 23:01

Daily Mirror claiming Mourinho is done, regardless of the result this weekend

That might be a bit embarrassing for them if it's not true.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Oct 2018 23:56

genome Daily Mirror claiming Mourinho is done, regardless of the result this weekend

United have been a shambles since Fergie and Gill left

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Oct 2018 08:28

Gary Neville claiming that the fans are still right behind Mourinho. :shock:

With pitchforks at the ready perhaps?

That’s just weird.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 06 Oct 2018 09:05

Gets the backing of the board.

They are probably just saving face and Zidane saw what a shambles they are and doesn't want to join them.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Oct 2018 14:07

Royal Rother Gary Neville claiming that the fans are still right behind Mourinho. :shock:

With pitchforks at the ready perhaps?

That’s just weird.

Behind Mourinho as a means of expressing displeasure at the board and the way they're conducting business (i think)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Oct 2018 22:11

genome Daily Mirror claiming Mourinho is done, regardless of the result this weekend

Terrible story to run by all accounts.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Oct 2018 23:21

When is Mark Hughes getting sacked? Great player, terrible manager!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Oct 2018 07:59

BR0B0T When is Mark Hughes getting sacked? Great player, terrible manager!

Hopefully really soon, cannot stand him. Southampton need a young, ambitious manager who can bring the players through from their excellent academy and that ain't Hughes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Oct 2018 08:35

Hopefully not at any point that we may be in the market for a new one.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Oct 2018 09:19

Old Man Andrews

Terrible story to run by all accounts.

Part of me thinks there was an element of truth to it, but as soon as they broke the story, Man Utd decided to do the opposite to save face.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 08 Oct 2018 09:22

Stranded

Hopefully not at any point that we may be in the market for a new one.

Was thinking the same about Warnock at the weekend. He's just not cut out for managing in the Premier League is he and based on his "20 players in white shirts" surrounding the ref comment when trying to argue his player shouldn't have been sent off on Saturday he can't even remember how many players are on each team.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Oct 2018 11:58

He's got worse, but that might be a product of the teams he's having to manage, but he wasn't always a poor manager.

He did well for Wales, Blackburn and, to an extent, City before things have certainly gone downhill. I think he did a decent enough job at Stoke initially too, but nothing that really seemed sustainable, more just an uplift after releasing the Pulis handbrake!

He can't last long at Southampton though.

8696 posts