The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by WoodleyRoyal » 21 May 2018 13:16

Sutekh Wonder if anyone will go for Jaap....

Jaap Stam is being considered by Swansea City, as per a report by Inside Wales Sport.
The Swans will be playing in the Championship next season after seven years in the top flight. They were relegated from the Premier League after a poor campaign and are now in the hunt for a new manager after Carlos Carvalhal’s departure.

There have been various names linked with the vacant post so far. Former Fulham, Coventry City, Wales and most recently Sunderland boss Chris Coleman has been linked along with ex-Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy.

However, a new name has now entered the frame in Jaap Stam. The Swans are apparently now considering the Dutch boss who is available at the moment after being sacked by Championship side Reading in March.

As a plyer, Stam played for some top European clubs in PSV, Manchester United, AC Milan and Ajax. Since retiring he has worked as a coach at Ajax and Zwolle but got his first managerial role at Jong Ajax. He was then brought back to England by Reading in 2016.

He guided the Royals to the Play-Off final against Huddersfield Town in his first season at the Madejski Stadium and his side were a penalty shootout away from the Premier League. However, they did not manage to bounce back from that disappointment and Stam was sacked this season after a dreadful run of form.

Jaap Stam could be offered a route back into the Championship with Swansea City keeping an eye on him. This is one to look out for in the coming weeks.

http://the72.co.uk/103087/swansea-city- ... ding-boss/

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 21 May 2018 15:32

WoodleyRoyal
Sutekh Wonder if anyone will go for Jaap....

Jaap Stam is being considered by Swansea City, as per a report by Inside Wales Sport.
The Swans will be playing in the Championship next season after seven years in the top flight. They were relegated from the Premier League after a poor campaign and are now in the hunt for a new manager after Carlos Carvalhal’s departure.

There have been various names linked with the vacant post so far. Former Fulham, Coventry City, Wales and most recently Sunderland boss Chris Coleman has been linked along with ex-Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy.

However, a new name has now entered the frame in Jaap Stam. The Swans are apparently now considering the Dutch boss who is available at the moment after being sacked by Championship side Reading in March.

As a plyer, Stam played for some top European clubs in PSV, Manchester United, AC Milan and Ajax. Since retiring he has worked as a coach at Ajax and Zwolle but got his first managerial role at Jong Ajax. He was then brought back to England by Reading in 2016.

He guided the Royals to the Play-Off final against Huddersfield Town in his first season at the Madejski Stadium and his side were a penalty shootout away from the Premier League. However, they did not manage to bounce back from that disappointment and Stam was sacked this season after a dreadful run of form.

Jaap Stam could be offered a route back into the Championship with Swansea City keeping an eye on him. This is one to look out for in the coming weeks.

http://the72.co.uk/103087/swansea-city- ... ding-boss/

Lump on them to go down to L1 people!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 May 2018 17:11

Derby County manager seeks permission for Stoke City talks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44203326

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 May 2018 22:05

Emery gets the Arsenal gig.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 21 May 2018 22:49

Hendo Derby County manager seeks permission for Stoke City talks.

Sigh. Bad move from a good manager.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 May 2018 08:01

Double d v2

Bad move to go to a club with better players and about £100m in parachute payments? Yeah really awful that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 May 2018 08:48

Old Man Andrews
Double d v2

Bad move to go to a club with better players and about £100m in parachute payments? Yeah really awful that.

+1 Stoke are in a much better position than Derby to make a challenge for promotion. I don't think Stoke are going to be another Sunderland.

Rumours are that Derby are going to have to cut their wage bill, which I am sure that is something that GR isn't looking forward to, plus their owner seems a bit of a nightmare.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 May 2018 09:06

Hendo +1 Stoke are in a much better position than Derby to make a challenge for promotion. I don't think Stoke are going to be another Sunderland.

Rumours are that Derby are going to have to cut their wage bill, which I am sure that is something that GR isn't looking forward to, plus their owner seems a bit of a nightmare.

I'd read the same about Derby, and they're probably more likely to sack him in 3 months than Stoke would be so I can't see this as anything but a good move for him.

The only downside is that he's got to rebuild a side at Stoke as opposed to just keeping one together at Derby. He's shown already that he's pretty good at that though I think.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 May 2018 09:44

Winston Biscuit Emery gets the Arsenal gig.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 May 2018 13:20

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Double d v2

+1 Stoke are in a much better position than Derby to make a challenge for promotion. I don't think Stoke are going to be another Sunderland.

must have to be a big cut as they are rumoured to be getting rid of Vydra, the leagues top goalscorer last season, for less than what they paid for him

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 May 2018 13:27

Also, Pellegrini gone to West Ham for £7m a year, which is less than half what he was on in China!!!!

Would love to see it all kick off at West Ham again this season

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 May 2018 13:29

gazzer, loyal royal Also, Pellegrini gone to West Ham for £7m a year, which is less than half what he was on in China!!!!

Think it is a great appointment for West Ham tbf.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 May 2018 13:53

gazzer, loyal royal Also, Pellegrini gone to West Ham for £7m a year, which is less than half what he was on in China!!!!

That's an amazing amount of money for West Ham to be paying a manager. It's not far off what Wenger was reportedly on, IIRC, and the likes of Klopp, Pochettino and Conte are around that figure so it's quite a wedge for West Ham.

A good appointment though, although I can imagine West Ham fans moaning when he isn't a rabble rousing passionate manager.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 May 2018 09:39

Silver Fox

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 May 2018 14:34

genome
Silver Fox

Ooh, you are awful.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 May 2018 19:07

Sounds like Ancelotti may be taking over at Napoli leaving Sarri to go to Chelsea

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 May 2018 13:54

Sunderland name former St Mirren boss Jack Ross as their new manager

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 25 May 2018 14:08

John Smith Sunderland name former St Mirren boss Jack Ross as their new manager

:|

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 May 2018 14:12

Double d v2

Ironic that we, as Reading fans, are always clamouring to find players from lower leagues/Scotland/Ireland, but when Sunderland make a managerial appointment akin to that, the first response is :|

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 May 2018 14:14

Hendo
Double d v2

Ironic that we, as Reading fans, are always clamouring to find players from lower leagues/Scotland/Ireland, but when Sunderland make a managerial appointment akin to that, the first response is :|

Behave Hendo. They're in dire straits and desperately need to get out of that league next season and they stick in a nobody. Incredible.

8673 posts