The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8673 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Sanguine » 11 May 2018 09:26

Quite what the delay is at West Brom in appointing Darren Moore permanently, I don't know.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 11 May 2018 09:29

Sanguine Quite what the delay is at West Brom in appointing Darren Moore permanently, I don't know.

Probably because they are idiots and will not do it, and then go ahead and appoint Carlos Carvahal.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 May 2018 11:35

Sanguine Quite what the delay is at West Brom in appointing Darren Moore permanently, I don't know.

He doesn't want the job, happy to stay in coaching side of things but doesn't want to be a manager permanently.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 May 2018 13:43

Mikel Arteta now odds-on favourite to be the new Arsenal manager.

:?

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 15 May 2018 13:51

genome Mikel Arteta now odds-on favourite to be the new Arsenal manager.

:?

Terrible decision

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 13:59

Can't really say it a terrible decision as Arteta is an unknown in the managerial world. I certainly don't think he should be their first choice though.

If I were the Arsenal board I would 100% go after Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim. He has done a great job of building a team and taking them to 3rd in the Bundesliga,finishing above Dortmund I think. Arsenal will be more or less starting again now that Wenger has gone so what better way to do that than with a 30 year old manager who has fresh ideas and a modern approach? Worth a punt for me.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 May 2018 14:31

I assumed Nagelsmann will go to a bigger club than Arsenal. No offence to Arsenal but every man and his dog are looking at him so just assume he will

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 May 2018 14:36

Winston Biscuit I assumed Nagelsmann will go to a bigger club than Arsenal. No offence to Arsenal but every man and his dog are looking at him so just assume he will

I think he is being groomed by Bayern for sure. I guess it depends if he's about quick success or long term project. The Bundesliga is getting to be a bit like the SPL up at the top, nobody can touch Bayern.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 16 May 2018 09:56

Everton sack Alladyce

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2018 10:10

I would assume Marco Silva will be announced in the next ~48hrs.

Got them to a respectable 8th place finish and really, you have to ask, what more are they expecting, apart from finishing above Burnley who were only 5 points ahead of them?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 May 2018 10:21

Not sure what Everton supporters want from life really. Are they genuinely expecting to be a top 4 powerhouse qualifying for Champions League football year after year? Allardyce saved them from doom and to finish 8th means he has done a great job in my opinion. He should have been given the summer to bring in a few signings and then given the first couple of months at the start of next season.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 May 2018 10:27

Tottenham were a very similar club to Everton. Then they made the right investments, and recruited the right people over the last 5 years or so, now they're getting regular Champions League football. It's not impossible for Everton to compete a little higher if they get the right guy in, they've just made some horrible decisions in recent times

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2018 10:31

Old Man Andrews Not sure what Everton supporters want from life really. Are they genuinely expecting to be a top 4 powerhouse qualifying for Champions League football year after year? Allardyce saved them from doom and to finish 8th means he has done a great job in my opinion. He should have been given the summer to bring in a few signings and then given the first couple of months at the start of next season.

They're not expecting top 4, they just don't want hoofball and they have a decent squad well capable of playing decent football and they went a manager capable of bringing the best out of the players they have. They are just short of a decent goalscorer.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 16 May 2018 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 May 2018 10:33

From Despair To Where?
Old Man Andrews Not sure what Everton supporters want from life really. Are they genuinely expecting to be a top 4 powerhouse qualifying for Champions League football year after year? Allardyce saved them from doom and to finish 8th means he has done a great job in my opinion. He should have been given the summer to bring in a few signings and then given the first couple of months at the start of next season.

They're not expecting top 4, they just don't want hoofball and they have an expensively assembled squad well capable of playing decent football.

Allardyce stopped them from being relegated and they are the 8th best team in the country currently. Who is to say that he wouldn't have brought in flair players this summer to help improve the style of play? Just think it could be a case of the Everton supporters being careful what they wish for.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2018 10:38

From Despair To Where?

They're not expecting top 4, they just don't want hoofball and they have a decent squad well capable of playing decent football and they went a manager capable of bringing the best out of the players they have. They are just short of a decent goalscorer.

Think Cenk Tosun looks to be a decent prospect. 5 goals in 14 at the back end of last year.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 16 May 2018 10:40

Old Man Andrews Allardyce stopped them from being relegated and they are the 8th best team in the country currently. Who is to say that he wouldn't have brought in flair players this summer to help improve the style of play?

Er, pretty much his entire managerial career would suggest he's not about to adopt of free flowing attacking style of football. That said it shouldn't have come as a shock to the Everton board much like the FA before them that Fat Sam turns out to be Fat Sam. Should just have given him a deal until the end of the season with a big relegation avoidance bonus.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2018 10:43

I imagine that was always the plan. He was cheap and available at the time.

Double d v2

by Double d v2 » 16 May 2018 10:56

Old Man Andrews
From Despair To Where?

They're not expecting top 4, they just don't want hoofball and they have an expensively assembled squad well capable of playing decent football.

Allardyce stopped them from being relegated and they are the 8th best team in the country currently. Who is to say that he wouldn't have brought in flair players this summer to help improve the style of play? Just think it could be a case of the Everton supporters being careful what they wish for.

Same with Leicester. They finished in a decent position yet are calling for the managers head.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2018 11:05

Just read that he apparently gets a £6m pay off :shock: which equates to £9m for 6 months work....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/sam-allardyce-sacked-everton-manager

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 May 2018 11:05

Brum Royal Everton sack Alladyce

8673 posts