Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 16:45

FDTW I’m liking this a lot!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2018 18:03

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah There's an argument that the likes of Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are all giving young players the opportunities and reaping the benefits of doing so.

average age of United starting line up today is 27
average age of Liverpool starting line up is about 26

Young is in for Shaw today (32 v 23) or they'd be about identical

Mctominay (21), Rashford (20), Shaw (23) on the bench

Klopp and Poch are below Mourinho in the table.

Their key players are a similar age to Utd

You just want things to fit the narrative

I'm not talking average ages, I'm just talking about those managers trusting younger players more, giving them their chances more and improving them as players more than Mourinho does. Rashford is a little inconsistent yes, but probably needs to play more and be supported to iron that out of his game with great experience.

The only young player I can think of that Mourinho has really got more out of is Lingard, and he's 25. There are others that he's brought in and others that are in and out of the side of course (Lindelhof or Tony Marshall for example) but it's clear that, as ever, it's not something Mourhino is really interested in doing.

Last year Pep invested in and has stuck with the likes of Stones, Sterling, Sane and Jesus. Sometimes they were inconsistent and off the boil too but I'd say, from the outside, that they've benefitted from that and it's part of the success last year. Klopp has done the same with the likes of Origi, Solanke (slightly different situation), Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and now Oxlade-Chamberlain. The proof of that pudding is more likely to be next season of course but the point being that he seems to trust and invest in these lads more than Mourinho.

Pochettino's record for playing and developing young players pretty much speaks for itself, although I'm not sure Kane is a great example to start with as it took a number of injuries to get him his chance, as it did Rashford of course.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Mourinho as much as the next man, especially if the next man is From Where to Despair, but that doesn't mean the idea that he doesn't give young developing players the kind of support they get elsewhere is wrong.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2018 18:33

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T
Hoop Blah There's an argument that the likes of Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are all giving young players the opportunities and reaping the benefits of doing so.

average age of United starting line up today is 27
average age of Liverpool starting line up is about 26

Young is in for Shaw today (32 v 23) or they'd be about identical

Mctominay (21), Rashford (20), Shaw (23) on the bench

Klopp and Poch are below Mourinho in the table.

Their key players are a similar age to Utd

You just want things to fit the narrative

I'm not talking average ages, I'm just talking about those managers trusting younger players more, giving them their chances more and improving them as players more than Mourinho does. Rashford is a little inconsistent yes, but probably needs to play more and be supported to iron that out of his game with great experience.

The only young player I can think of that Mourinho has really got more out of is Lingard, and he's 25. There are others that he's brought in and others that are in and out of the side of course (Lindelhof or Tony Marshall for example) but it's clear that, as ever, it's not something Mourhino is really interested in doing.

Last year Pep invested in and has stuck with the likes of Stones, Sterling, Sane and Jesus. Sometimes they were inconsistent and off the boil too but I'd say, from the outside, that they've benefitted from that and it's part of the success last year. Klopp has done the same with the likes of Origi, Solanke (slightly different situation), Alexander-Arnold, Gomez and now Oxlade-Chamberlain. The proof of that pudding is more likely to be next season of course but the point being that he seems to trust and invest in these lads more than Mourinho.

Pochettino's record for playing and developing young players pretty much speaks for itself, although I'm not sure Kane is a great example to start with as it took a number of injuries to get him his chance, as it did Rashford of course.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Mourinho as much as the next man, especially if the next man is From Where to Despair, but that doesn't mean the idea that he doesn't give young developing players the kind of support they get elsewhere is wrong.

JM:
Rashford has about 90 appearances
Martial has made about 75

Klopp:
Origi - is on loan
Solanke - has made 14 appearances for Klopp
Alexander-Arnold - has made 15 league appearances

Pep:
Jesus has made 26 appearances and came with a 32 million pound price tag
Stones - LOL
Sterling - was really good for Liverpool, was shit under Pep last year. This situation is no different to Pogba this season

Improvement automatically gets attributed to manager when it fits the narrative

I also couldn't give a fook about JM blah blah....etc

double d

by double d » 20 Jan 2018 20:58

Deal confirmed

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jan 2018 07:33

BR0B0T JM:

Those stats don't really tell the story though do they? The point is more about how Mourinho is using, or not using, the likes of Rashford and failing to really develop them.

Take Rashford as the example here, as it was RR's original point.

15/16 11 starts (0 sub appearances)
16/17 16 (16)
17/18 13 (11)

When Mourinho came in he went out and got got Zlatan, and now Lukaku, and it's meant that Rashford has been pushed down the pecking order more. I can see why he's done it, but you can't deny it's what has happened.

Pogba vs Sterling isn't the same situation either, in my opinion. Sterling was already at City when Pep took over whereas Pogba was one of Mourniho's big marque signings when he came in. I agree with the comparison in terms of both managers sticking by the players and getting more from them this season, but I'd say the reasons and circumstances for doing so are quite different. United haven't had much alternative to sticking with Pogba and Mourinho couldn't have just dumped Pogba out of the side whereas City have had a wealth of options in Sterling's role and Pep has still stuck with him and, IMO, nurtured the talent that was always there. As a result we're now seeing a much better end product from him.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Jan 2018 12:08

Paddy Power tweeted not BREAKING: After spending 10 minutes with Jesse Lingard in training, and watching him do his shit little dances, and muttering "is that lad really 25 years old?" to himself in Spanish, new Manchester United signing Alexis Sanchez has handed in a transfer request. More to follow.

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/955742091434479616

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jan 2018 12:22

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T JM:

Those stats don't really tell the story though do they? The point is more about how Mourinho is using, or not using, the likes of Rashford and failing to really develop them.

16/17 16 (16)
17/18 13 (11)

When Mourinho came in he went out and got got Zlatan, and now Lukaku, and it's meant that Rashford has been pushed down the pecking order more. I can see why he's done it, but you can't deny it's what has happened.

Pogba vs Sterling isn't the same situation either, in my opinion. Sterling was already at City when Pep took over whereas Pogba was one of Mourniho's big marque signings when he came in. I agree with the comparison in terms of both managers sticking by the players and getting more from them this season, but I'd say the reasons and circumstances for doing so are quite different. United haven't had much alternative to sticking with Pogba and Mourinho couldn't have just dumped Pogba out of the side whereas City have had a wealth of options in Sterling's role and Pep has still stuck with him and, IMO, nurtured the talent that was always there. As a result we're now seeing a much better end product from him.

Mourinho has ruined Rashford. When he came into the side under LVG we seemed to have on our hands the most natural English finisher since Owen. There was just something about him, and his pace and strength and, like Owen, he just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. To have that movement and understanding of the game at 18 is rare.

And Mourinho has turned him into a (relatively ineffective) winger.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Jan 2018 12:29

Sanguine
Hoop Blah
BR0B0T JM:

16/17 16 (16)
17/18 13 (11)

Mourinho has ruined Rashford. When he came into the side under LVG we seemed to have on our hands the most natural English finisher since Owen. There was just something about him, and his pace and strength and, like Owen, he just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. To have that movement and understanding of the game at 18 is rare.

And Mourinho has turned him into a (relatively ineffective) winger.

lols...he's not that good

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 24 Jan 2018 12:58

Cool. All about opinions, I thought he looked brilliant when he first came into the side.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Jan 2018 17:54

Sanguine Cool. All about opinions, I thought he looked brilliant when he first came into the side.

I watch every United game and he does have his moments just nowhere near consistent enough to lead the line for United

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Feb 2018 06:38

Good to see Sanchez having an impact.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Feb 2018 09:40

Spurs were so much better than United last night, I almost felt bad for them.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Feb 2018 09:41

I'm not much of a fan of Spurs playing at Wembley, but you can't argue against that noise when Eriksen's goal went in after 11 seconds.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Feb 2018 09:56

Quite a high entry on my list of 'great pictures of Phil Jones'.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Feb 2018 17:59

Not sure I've mentioned it on here before but I think Jose Mourinho is an utter pcunt.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Feb 2018 18:47

I actually like the Portuguese....cannot understand a word that they say, but Jose leaves me totally f11cked-off with his use of the English language.

However, his admission that Man U will be the second placed team (#if he’s lucky) came across quite well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Feb 2018 21:03

Not seen the interview but I assumed he mumbled it like a petulant child who's had their XBox taken away.

"Is not fair. Always with them it is spend, spend, spend. I dont know, maybe Alexis he play centre back, my players not very good, owners not give me enough money"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Feb 2018 21:35

Lol..at least he spared us the “poor refereeing” rhetoric “costing him the World Cup for Chelsea

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Feb 2018 21:12

Heard a rumour that Jose is set to release an album of N.W.A covers called Efil Rof Tnuc.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Feb 2018 16:24

Lolz, that is a terrible result.

What is the point in supporting a gloryboy team if there is no glory :?:

5763 posts