Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2018 09:28

Winston Biscuit

Hahahahaha thats great. Wonderful.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Oct 2018 11:05

Lol@Mr Bean in his post-match interview.
All he could come up with was how good the 2 Juve centre-backs were.
The studio guests seemed to think that it was his (un)subtle way of saying that he wasn't allowed to sign any more centre-backs when of course he signed Lindelhof and Bailly as well as having 2 England centre-backs in Smalling and Jones already.

The two interviewees, Lindelhof and Shaw seemed brainwashed into thinking they played well enough for a draw when, from the bits I saw, they were simply outclassed.
Surely the bosses at Man Utd are unhappy about the hundreds of millions spent by this manager and no obvious improvement.

I liked Lineker's attempt to get one of the 3 ex-Man Utd players in the studio to say whether or not he should be sacked-for all their moaning about how badly the team plays most weeks none of them were prepared to play Lineker's game-what a shame.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Oct 2018 11:23

Victor Meldrew Lol@Mr Bean in his post-match interview.
The studio guests seemed to think that it was his (un)subtle way of saying that he wasn't allowed to sign any more centre-backs when of course he signed Lindelhof and Bailly as well as having 2 England centre-backs in Smalling and Jones already.

The two interviewees, Lindelhof and Shaw seemed brainwashed into thinking they played well enough for a draw when, from the bits I saw, they were simply outclassed.
Surely the bosses at Man Utd are unhappy about the hundreds of millions spent by this manager and no obvious improvement.

I liked Lineker's attempt to get one of the 3 ex-Man Utd players in the studio to say whether or not he should be sacked-for all their moaning about how badly the team plays most weeks none of them were prepared to play Lineker's game-what a shame.

Totally outplayed yesterday, esp in the first half. Could maybe have come away with the draw as Juve sat back in the second

Lukaku is not really a footballer...Emile Heskey mkII. The pitch invaders had much better movement than him. Rashford really isn't that good either

Matic can just fcuk off...the goal last night was mainly down to him not covering back. My real-time thoughts...

"who is covering that run....oh it's Matic...you not gonna go....you still have time if you go now....goal...tw@t"

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Oct 2018 12:06

BR0B0T

Totally outplayed yesterday, esp in the first half. Could maybe have come away with the draw as Juve sat back in the second

Lukaku is not really a footballer...Emile Heskey mkII. The pitch invaders had much better movement than him. Rashford really isn't that good either

Matic can just fcuk off...the goal last night was mainly down to him not covering back. My real-time thoughts...

"who is covering that run....oh it's Matic...you not gonna go....you still have time if you go now....goal...tw@t"

Not a flippant question-should he be sacked?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Oct 2018 12:31

Victor Meldrew
BR0B0T

Not a flippant question-should he be sacked?

genuinely had enough of the football...it's pure shit on a stick

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2018 12:24

BR0B0T Totally outplayed yesterday, esp in the first half. Could maybe have come away with the draw as Juve sat back in the second

Is this joker a Man United fan? I think we've truly hit a new low on this forum if so.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Oct 2018 12:34

John Smith
BR0B0T Totally outplayed yesterday, esp in the first half. Could maybe have come away with the draw as Juve sat back in the second

Is this joker a Man United fan? I think we've truly hit a new low on this forum if so.

Yeah he supports them. He is a good guy though so he must stay.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Oct 2018 13:30

I think most of the players are fine, they've all got to United because of previous success or potential. I've never been 100% behind Lukaku as a top level centre forward though, but that's probably a bit harsh.

The environment and structure just isn't getting the most from the resources United have.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Oct 2018 14:46

Interesting* stat came out a few weeks ago comparing Drogba's stats to Lukaku's in the same # of fixtures.

Lukaku was better in all of them I seem to recall. I will try find it if I can.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 Oct 2018 14:48

• Drogba: 104 goals in 254 games
• Lukaku: 104 goals in 224 games

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict

by LWJ » 25 Oct 2018 14:49

Great finisher at times.

Though doesn't offer anything else. You almost need him in a front 3 for the 2 others to do all the work.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Oct 2018 16:56

LWJ Interesting* stat came out a few weeks ago comparing Drogba's stats to Lukaku's in the same # of fixtures.

Lukaku was better in all of them I seem to recall. I will try find it if I can.

Yep, interesting, but...

Drogba was never the most prolific though, at least compared to other top Premier League goalscorers. He was lot more about the role he played for the team and leading the line so well that the likes of Lampard and co could be so productive. I wonder how many times Drogba was Chelsea's top scorer, and how many times Lampard scored more?

That's not to belittle Lukaku's goalscoring. He's a beast and a pretty effective goalscorer if a bit of a flat track bully at times. Like you say LWJ, you need the right players alongside him because he isn't going to give you a lot more other than his own goals (there's probably some assist stats out there to prove that wrong!).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Oct 2018 22:17

Winston Biscuit

Rumours that Jose has signed the pitch invaders and they will be playing in the return fixture as they got closer to Ronaldo than any of United's players.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Oct 2018 07:46

Boom boom! :D

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Nov 2018 14:48

Up to 7th...living the dream 8)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Nov 2018 20:29

BR0B0T Up to 7th...living the dream 8)

There was a time when being outplayed by Bournemouth would have been unthinkable.
How the mighty have fallen.
Still, they can battle it out with the likes of Bournemouth, Wolves and Watford for a possible Europa League spot for next season although fans of Arsenal and Spurs might disagree.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Nov 2018 21:39

Cracking strike from CR7.......United have been awful....especially Pogba.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 07 Nov 2018 22:14

Good timing there

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 07 Nov 2018 22:29

Piece of piss, never in doubt

5752 posts