We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2018 11:16

Old Man Andrews Depends on how much cash Spurs give him to spend. If he is limited by budget constraints relating to the new ground then he will be out the door, he was pissed off enough this summer with the lack of signings so can't see him putting up with it again.

Was he? There's been a lot of comment in the media that he was ok with it and didn't want to add to his squad just for the sake of it if it wasn't going to improve the team.

I think he'd be an excellent fit at United, almost the opposite of Mourinho, but I think he'll give Spurs one more season.

Both Real and United will probably be knocking on his door though, and they'll be hard to turn down.

Zidane to United would make a bit of sense to me. If he was in their thinking though surely they'd get him in now so that he can start working and building for next season now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 11:18

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Depends on how much cash Spurs give him to spend. If he is limited by budget constraints relating to the new ground then he will be out the door, he was pissed off enough this summer with the lack of signings so can't see him putting up with it again.

Was he? There's been a lot of comment in the media that he was ok with it and didn't want to add to his squad just for the sake of it if it wasn't going to improve the team.

There were a couple of very spiky press conferences where he eluded to being unhappy with lack of squad depth, around October time I believe.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Dec 2018 11:20

So, we're going to get absolutely tonked up there now, aren't we?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Dec 2018 12:18

Perhaps they need a club legend who will play exciting and dynamic forward thinking football.

Stam for United then.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Dec 2018 13:47

Stranded So, we're going to get absolutely tonked up there now, aren't we?

When weren't we?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Dec 2018 16:11

Royal Rother I said 3 years ago he was finished. Can’t believe Man Utd couldn’t see it. This last 18 months has cost them an incredible amount of money just to prove a truth that was obvious to many after his 2nd tenure at Chelsea.

Moderate success can be a killer. They've won more than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc in that period.

Always gives the impression it's around the corner. Won Europa league (and CL qual) and then finished second, on paper it looks like signs of definite improvement. However, the football has been absolute dogshit.

In terms of managers, I think it MAY have been cheaper for City to just offer Ferguson £500 million to come and manage rather than spunking it all on a succession of galacticos that didn't work

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Dec 2018 16:17

GET BIG SAM IN!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Dec 2018 16:24

BR0B0T GET BIG SAM IN!

Makes sense - he'd be able to carry on with the current style of play

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Dec 2018 17:39

Laurent Blanc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Dec 2018 20:09

Hoop Blah

I think he'd be an excellent fit at United, almost the opposite of Mourinho, but I think he'll give Spurs one more season.

Both Real and United will probably be knocking on his door though, and they'll be hard to turn down.

Zidane to United would make a bit of sense to me. If he was in their thinking though surely they'd get him in now so that he can start working and building for next season now.

Would seem like a backwards step for Poch to me. It'll take at least a full season before Utd could challenge to the extent Spurs are currently managing, so he's just burning a season with a greater possibility of the sack when there are clubs with better trophy prospects in their immediate future he could jump to if he wants to go anywhere.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Dec 2018 21:15

BR0B0T
Royal Rother I said 3 years ago he was finished. Can’t believe Man Utd couldn’t see it. This last 18 months has cost them an incredible amount of money just to prove a truth that was obvious to many after his 2nd tenure at Chelsea.

Moderate success can be a killer. They've won more than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc in that period.

Always gives the impression it's around the corner. Won Europa league (and CL qual) and then finished second, on paper it looks like signs of definite improvement. However, the football has been absolute dogshit.

In terms of managers, I think it MAY have been cheaper for City to just offer Ferguson £500 million to come and manage rather than spunking it all on a succession of galacticos that didn't work

Please tell me that's a typo

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Dec 2018 21:16

Snowflake Royal
Hoop Blah

Would seem like a backwards step for Poch to me. It'll take at least a full season before Utd could challenge to the extent Spurs are currently managing, so he's just burning a season with a greater possibility of the sack when there are clubs with better trophy prospects in their immediate future he could jump to if he wants to go anywhere.

Since Fergie left Utd/Spurs have had near identical league finishes (just a quick scan btw). Understand it being a backward step if you're referring to the current 13 point gap as I'd be very surprised if Utd overhaul that

United finished second last year and have a lot of very good players. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks what the Mourinho effect was. Will be genuinely intrigued. The season is pretty much a write off so may as well go and attack teams and make it at least entertaining to watch.

Any manager that tells Fellaini, Matic, Jones and Lukkaku to just fcuk off is fine by me. Also, thank Young and Valencia for their service but ease them out (think they're out of contract soon)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Dec 2018 21:20

Snowflake Royal Would seem like a backwards step for Poch to me. It'll take at least a full season before Utd could challenge to the extent Spurs are currently managing, so he's just burning a season with a greater possibility of the sack when there are clubs with better trophy prospects in their immediate future he could jump to if he wants to go anywhere.

United will win the Premier League before Spurs, and they’ll sign bigger and better players than Spurs in the next two windows (January might be slightly different if they’ve not got a manager of course).

This United squad has some exceptional talent in it, it just needs reinvigorating so that more than just one or two players are playing anywhere near their potential. They only really need a couple or so key signings to be right back on City’s coattails so it would be a brave manager (if they have ambition) to turn down the chance of the job.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Dec 2018 21:22

Franchise FC
BR0B0T

If you're referring to Chelsea, yep that's a brainfart. Had already discounted them for the two league wins and then was thinking about cups.

Basically for as shit as they've been to watch under JM he actually has a decent win ratio (second to Fergie) and has done pretty much as well/badly as the teams surrounding them

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Dec 2018 21:26

BR0B0T
Franchise FC
BR0B0T

If you're referring to Chelsea, yep that's a brainfart. Had already discounted them for the two league wins and then was thinking about cups.

Basically for as shit as they've been to watch under JM he actually has a decent win ratio (second to Fergie) and has done pretty much as well/badly as the teams surrounding them

Actually it was the word City

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 18 Dec 2018 21:44

Franchise FC
BR0B0T
Franchise FC Please tell me that's a typo

Actually it was the word City

sorry was in my own head that whole post

I meant pre 2012 City MAY have been better to just offer Fergie £500 million personal cash to come and manage them i.e. his expertise would have been more valuable than spunking money on galacticos

Now, imagine you're in a pub and just heard a bloke say this....you're slightly too pissed to be bothered to pull him up on the actual facts so you let it lie, pretend to agree with him and get on with boozing!

Merry Xmas!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Dec 2018 22:00

Hoop Blah
Snowflake Royal Would seem like a backwards step for Poch to me. It'll take at least a full season before Utd could challenge to the extent Spurs are currently managing, so he's just burning a season with a greater possibility of the sack when there are clubs with better trophy prospects in their immediate future he could jump to if he wants to go anywhere.

United will win the Premier League before Spurs, and they’ll sign bigger and better players than Spurs in the next two windows (January might be slightly different if they’ve not got a manager of course).

This United squad has some exceptional talent in it, it just needs reinvigorating so that more than just one or two players are playing anywhere near their potential. They only really need a couple or so key signings to be right back on City’s coattails so it would be a brave manager (if they have ambition) to turn down the chance of the job.

Probably, but they won't win it in the next couple of seasons IMO and the chance of Utd's next manager lasting more than two seasons without winning it are slim IMO.

I think Poch will have better options if he wants to move for silverware.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 18 Dec 2018 23:28

It would be lovely to think that Pochetino might be content at little old Spurs, but he will be off as soon as a truly big club come along: Man Utd have only to ask, and he is theirs. They won't flinch at spending to get him, or bankrolling raids on Spurs for a few players.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Dec 2018 00:08

My sources* say it might be Ole for the interim

* every fooking website i've been on since coming back in

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 19 Dec 2018 06:42

I'm sorry but who really cares.

Personally Im more concerned about the fact, that since Maureen has gone we have less chance of a result in January.

I couldn't give a flying one about some team in the North West that has absolutely no affiliation with Reading FC.

5752 posts